Found one.... Got one...... Wife's gonna kill me... : )~

This is a discussion on Found one.... Got one...... Wife's gonna kill me... : )~ within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It may just be me, but IMO the difference is night and day... It may also be the stippling on my polymer Kahrs too, but ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Found one.... Got one...... Wife's gonna kill me... : )~

It may just be me, but IMO the difference is night and day... It may also be the stippling on my polymer Kahrs too, but where I notice it the most is on the front strap, it just feels nice, sorta like a good 1911 feels.. Just pick one up if you can find one and you'll know what I'm talking about; especially if you have the PM9, or on of the CW series. Now I'm not saying the CW or the PM series are not good shooters at all, mine shoot just fine, but the grip combined with the addition weight just seems to balance this size pistol perfectly IMO..YMMV.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new gun. Just remember to sleep lightly for a few days once the wife finds out!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Congrats on the addition. ;-)

Way to go man! Always happy to see someone get what they want. And I'd say you deserve it. I would be grateful to hear how it shoots, and your impressions. Never thought I'd say this but I'm thinking of giving one a spin. How does the 9mm version compare to the PPK in size and weight?
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Never thought I'd say this but I'm thinking of giving one a spin.
    And folks here thought hell froze over when I bought (another) PM9!
    glockman10mm likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Great addition to the fold.....I have two plastic fantastic Kahr's (PM9 and CW40), I really need a steel framed Kahr in the garage.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    My very first Kahr was a older all black K9, one with a carbon steel slide instead of the stainless slide on the current Kahrs. It was an excellent, reliable shooter that induced me to buy several others. My newest K9 has the elite trigger which I much prefer to the standard, longer pull, K9 trigger. It just feels better to me and matches the trigger in the polymers Kahrs I own.

The K9 has perhaps the best feeling grip of any compact pistol I've ever shot, and that's a lot of guns. It feels better, more natural, more hand filling than the polymer Kahrs. The soft polymer grip panels are perfect. I wish Kahr made them for the T9 model as well.

Enjoy your new Kahr, it's a fine pistol.

Danimal, I noticed the metal mag base on your K9. Any particular reason you switched or any feedback on metal versus plastic?

Congrats on the new Kahr! I carry my CW9 all the time and it only makes me want another Kahr. In fact, the CW9 has pretty much relegated my Glock 23 to safe queen status. The CW9 just feels, points, carrys and shoots better than the G23.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

My first Kahr was K40 that I bought used from a friend; the CW9 came a couple of years later.

The all-steel K- models are a comfortable little chunk of steel in your hand. Heavy for their size by today's standards, that weight does a fine job keeping recoil and muzzle flip under control. It's a tad big and heavy for true pocket carry, but in a half-decent holster the size seems to evaporate into thin air. I probably shoot my K40 better than my G23!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    And folks here thought hell froze over when I bought (another) PM9!
    Hey, Im not completely set in my ways!
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

You have only 1 way out of this with the wife, consider it your Xmas present, and tell her.... "but wait until you see what I'm getting YOU for Christmas", and then you better make it really good.
    Last edited by Eagleks; November 11th, 2011 at 06:14 PM.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Danimal, I noticed the metal mag base on your K9. Any particular reason you switched or any feedback on metal versus plastic?[/QUOTE]

Ha.....nice. Wondered if anyone would notice that....or my ground down slide stop. I am not a fan of the plastic mag bases. I think that the metal mag floor plates on my PM magazines were a bit more sexy than the plastic ones that came with my K9. Bit more 1911ish....which Danimal likey more.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Way to go man! Always happy to see someone get what they want. And I'd say you deserve it. I would be grateful to hear how it shoots, and your impressions. Never thought I'd say this but I'm thinking of giving one a spin. How does the 9mm version compare to the PPK in size and weight?
    Thanks Gman, and everyone else for the kind responses...

I got it home last night and gave it a good cleaning before I take it for it's first range trip this weekend... I'm really excited about my find on this one, and I literally can't wait to pull the trigger on it. It has been quite a while since I took either of my other two Kahrs outa the safe and I completely forgot just how good the triggers on these Kahrs really are. Did a little dry firing last night and wow, smooth as silk...

Gman, as far as comparison to the Walther PPK. Overall size and weight it's pretty close in most areas and a tad better in a couple, but that goes both ways between the two. It's a couple of ounces heavier than the Walther as well as taller in height, but it's actually thinner and shorter by a fraction over the Walther. I'll always love the look and feel of my IA Walther PPK, but the horsepower of the 9mm coupled with the fantastic trigger on this one and combined with the additional round count of the K9, it wins the day for a defense pistol IMO. In fact, this is the gun Bond should have been carrying IMO,

If you were thinking about trying one out, go for one of the steel ones, you won't be disappointed. I must admit, I've read on here from time to time when others would mention in their post regarding their experiences with the Kahr pistol. Some would say something to the effect "The all steel Kahrs function better than the polymer ones".. After one day of fiddling with this one I would have to agree. None of the mags suffer from the " first round nose dive" when manually charging the pistol without the slide release. I even tried the mags from my CW9 with no problems at all. Truthfully speaking though, I seldom had that problem with my polymers either, but the feel of the function when charging the pistol even with slightly riding the slide back is butter smooth. I know that the real test comes from the range, but so far the fit and finish and overall function is top tier IMO; it even sounds different compared to the sound made by the polymer version when you rack it.

Anyway, I could babble on for quite awhile about this thing, so I'll just say. If you're thinking about a Kahr, make sure to check out the all steel ones if you can find one. I held off cause I just didn't want to pay the MSRP and FFl that goes with a hard to locate pistol. I have had the MK9 on my list for about as long as the K9 and after picking this one up, I just might rethink that.

Gman, 10thmtn, I'm thinking you guys would like this thing. If I needed to carry a pistol and it was between my PPK or this K9; my PPK would be growing cobwebs I'm affraid.

In closing, the wife is cool with my purchases. She get's what she wants more often than not and now she's got her sights on a new sofa for the den. GBK isn't disappearing anytime soon, unless the mods have something to do with it...

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    Very nice. I don't have the blackened stainless, just the regular stainless K9 with Mepro's. I'm sure you will enjoy yours as much or more than I enjoy mine.

That flush floorplate is first on the list for additions.... Nice touch!

Congrats on the very nice gun, the wife part.....good luck!
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links