Found one.... Got one...... Wife's gonna kill me... : )~

This is a discussion on Found one.... Got one...... Wife's gonna kill me... : )~ within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; there was a used Kahr E9 for $549. It was all tricked out, NightSights, bright polished slide, trigger, barrel and even the mags. The E9 ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Found one.... Got one...... Wife's gonna kill me... : )~

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    there was a used Kahr E9 for $549. It was all tricked out, NightSights, bright polished slide, trigger, barrel and even the mags.
    The E9 model usually sells for much less than that. I suggest you do a little shopping before plunking down that much money. The E9 has a few less features than a regular K9 and generally go for about 50$ less than a used K9 of the same era. A normal price should be around $400. The E9 is to the K9 as the CW9 is to the P9, in other words it was an economy model. I'm not saying don't buy it, but I am saying the price is pretty steep.

2. Remove Ads

I have the K9 and it is indeed the best "in the hand" gun I own. Functions flawlessly. I end up going with the PM9 because of the weight, but there is no doubt the K9 is a better shooter. Enjoy that puppy!
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

The E9 model usually sells for much less than that
    Yeah, I hear ya, but there's a little history with one... Basically it belonged the one of the owners and she did some tweaking and all the work was supposedly done by Kahr. It's got night sights that are a year old she said and some other upgrades.... I was also under the impression that the "E" was for Elite and not Economy; is that not true? Either way, I've already put money down and with all the accessories that I'm getting, it's all but a done deal; there's well over one hundred dollars of extras that go with the pistol and it looks barely used IMO. I trust her and this shop so I feel good about the purchase..If you do know about the status of the "E" I would like to know, thanks.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I was also under the impression that the "E" was for Elite and not Economy; is that not true?
    No, not true, a good description of the E9 from another forum.
    http://www.thehighroad.org/showthrea...5&highlight=e9
    Like I said, buy if you want, just be aware of what you have. The Elite models have the word "Elite" marked on the slide. The E9 has "E9" on the slide. Note there is no dovetail cut for the front sight, and the original front sight is plastic. The E9 has a carbon steel slide. Also note the screw under the slide release lever- unique to the E9 I believe. There are other differences I can't recall at the moment.

See the photo.

Ripley16, thank you much for clearing that up for me...

This is an odd one for sure.. I know the one I put on layaway does have night sights on it and and has the same grips that I have on my new K9. I don't recall if the front sight was pinned or dovetailed, but I know the previous owner said she had all the work done at KAHR. One thing I'm fairly certain of though, I'm almost 100% positive that it did not have the "screw" under the slide stop like the one in your pic. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed that as I noticed it right away in your pic, even before I read it it in your post. Also, the "E9" stamp on the slide does not look like the one in your pick, it's not an italic typestyle. The frame on it is a polished black and the slide, trigger and barrel are polished to the point of looking like a nickel finish. I'll look it over more closely before finishing off the deal, but honestly, I don't feel any less enthusiastic about the purchase because I'm sure it's at least equal to my CW9 in quality and it's not a polymer frame, again not that that's a bad thing all, but after handling and shooting my K9, I definitely prefer the steel frame version over the polymer one..

Anyway, thank you very much for the information and pic, it really helped...

PS. Just remembered, that she did tell me that it has the "polygonal" barrel in it too, whether or not it came with one is beyond me, but it's got the better one in it now.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Kahr did produce a limited run of nickle coated K9s, that is nickled slide on a stainless frame. It will be interesting to see the pistol once you have it in hand. Enjoy your new K9 and please post pics of the E9 when you're able.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Kahr did produce a limited run of nickle coated K9s, that is nickled slide on a stainless frame. It will be interesting to see the pistol once you have it in hand. Enjoy your new K9 and please post pics of the E9 when you're able.
    Maybe that's what the guy that sold me the pistol meant when he said it was a higher end model, and I took that wrong as in "higher end" overall instead of just regarding the "E9" model. The lady that actually owned it didn't notice it until I had already made the deal and was giving the guy my money. She walked up and said, "you're selling my Kahr". I thought it was because she was wanting it for herself, then she said it was originally her carry gun, but she wanted something else, then pointed out all the perks on it. I figured her being around these guns all day long, I could a lot worse when buying a used gun. At least this way I know exactly who owned it and I'm reasonably sure it was well cared for and not abused...

Will do for sure on the pics. I need another camera, but my Iphone should work once I get it home...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links