Defensive Carry banner

Anyone have a Kimber Pro Carry HD II?

5K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Thumper 
#1 ·
Well, I fought the dark side and won but...
The 1911 bug bit my butt and I can't shake it! I gotta have one! :blink:

I'm leaning very strongly toward a Kimber Pro Carry HD II in .45ACP.
Does anyone have and experience or advise regarding them? :scratchchin:

Thanks in advance!
Thumper :biggrin2:

#2 ·
New Kimber

Well, disregard the advise... not that I was getting any! :hand5:

I decided to go with the Kimber Pro CDP II

#5 ·
Niiiiiiiiiiice!

I have both the Ultra CDP II and the Pro CDP II...the Pro was my first purchase. I tried to get the Ultra for my wife, but no one would swap...kidding, of course! :danceban:
I have the found the Ultra easier to conceal here in the Gunshine State. :urla9ub:

ret

#7 ·
Nice choice with the CDP! I carry an Ultra CDP on day's I need "Ultra Concealment" Ha, Ha! Great little gun, but I found I needed a bit of customizing for my liking.

Ti.

#8 ·
Well this is my first 1911 but I don't think it'll be my last!
I had 7 kimbers on the counter for about 1 1/2 hours! I almost wore them out looking at them! :hand5:

This one made a lot of sense for a carry gun. I would have chosen the smaller frame but this one fit my hand so well. My SIG won't even talk to me though!:tumbleweed:

I'll try to get a range report before too long. A better picture too!

Thanks guys! :biggrin2:

#10 ·
Oh God... PLEASE DON'T TELL MY WIFE! :gah:

#12 ·
I own 2 of the Pro Carry HD II's......one in .45 the other in .38super.

I like both a lot, the .45 I carry regularly. I did modify it a little, added ambi-safety (southpaw'd), forward slide serrations, mag funnel & nite-sites.

The .38super is as good as the .45, well built, all stainless, commander length, easy to conceal.

#13 ·
Much thanks!

Initially, not having a clue about 1911's, it sounds like I stumbled on to a good one. That's a first for me! :yup: I think this will be my new primary carry weapon! I can't wait for a chance to put 'er on paper!

Thanks for all the encouragement! :hand10:

#15 ·
Initially, not having a clue about 1911's, it sounds like I stumbled on to a good one. That's a first for me! :yup: I think this will be my new primary carry weapon! I can't wait for a chance to put 'er on paper!

Thanks for all the encouragement! :hand10:
Make sure you put at least 300 rds of target/practice ammo and at least 200 rds of your favorite carry ammo and/or find what ammo your Kimber likes before you put it in a holster. The break in and checking if everything is cool and reliable before carry.

Ti.

#17 ·
nice choice! I carry an ultra carry II, and love it. nothing like having that single action trigger right from the start. I put on Hogue wrap around grips with finger grooves, but you have checkering on the front strap.
I do recommend getting some wilson combat mags. It is an investment you will be glad you made.
I got bit by the 1911 bug about 1.5 years ago, now I have 5. and want more!...it is an infectious bite....beware.
awesome gun, I hope you enjoy shooting yours as much as I enjoy mine.

#18 ·
It's interesting to find so many Kimbers out there!

I just ordered some replacement spring and follower kits from Wilson after reading how the Kimber followers, (not sure who actually makes them), tend to scar up the aluminum frames!

I also ordered a couple Wolff recoil springs in the event I actually get to do enough shooting to wear one out! :blink:

I sure do appreciate all the information and the cudos too… I think I’m really going to enjoy learning the “1911 ropes”. :yup: I'm already thinking an Ultra Compact might be in my future! :biggrin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.