I sold all my handguns - Page 2

I sold all my handguns

This is a discussion on I sold all my handguns within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would suggest you get another handgun, in case your G26 ever needs to go out for service, or is unavailable for any other reason. ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: I sold all my handguns

I would suggest you get another handgun, in case your G26 ever needs to go out for service, or is unavailable for any other reason. You can get another G26, or maybe a G19 for the house. The G19 can mount a light, unlike the G26. The G26 will take the G19 mags, as a bonus.

Of course, if there is ever a time when even the G26 would be too large, you should consider getting something smaller.

Finally - I am a firm believer in the concept of "two guns is one, one gun is none." I would highly recommend you get another handgun to carry as a secondary, in case of hand injury, malfunction, need for off-hand access, "NY reload" etc. You could carry a G19 and a G26 (if clothing allows), or perhaps your current G26 and its twin, or a snubbie, or a CM9, or a LCP. My daily carry is usually a PM9 backed up by a LCP.
    Toorop likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
    All but one. Something in me just wanted to keep things simple. I love the gun I kept (Glock 26), it shoots like a full size gun and conceals great. I started this at first because I wanted to just buy one caliber of ammo. I thought this process would take a while. I sold 3 in 2 weeks. I already sold a couple earlier in the year. I put one up for sale and wam, it sold that day. Same for the other 2. I really thought this process would take several months. So here I sit with only one handgun. It feels good to not have to choose what to carry. Although I feel kind of naked. I have a big wad of cash in my empty gun safe, so if I have withdrawals I can run out and buy a new gun. Anyone else consider this?
    Please dispose of that one too - CRAZY people are not allowed to have guns........
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

I would keep at least one more handgun in the safe. If you ever got into a self defense scenario and the police needed to take your gun for evidence (and they will) you have another to carry in the mean time. Also if the fit ever hits the shan, you can arm your wife or family or close friends.......my. 02
    ktulu92fs likes this.

sacrilegious!
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

AOK
    I had a half dozen handguns several years ago. Now I only have three. My EDC Glock 23, my BUG Bodyguard 380, and my extra Glock 23. The main reasons I have the extra 23 is if I have a part break I automatically have a replacment part and I don't have to wait for the part to come in the mail, if I'm in a class or having a one-on-one training session and something breaks on my primary 23 I can just pull out my spair and get back to work (it's happened once before), and as others have mentioned if my main 23 ever gotten taken after a self defense encounter I'll have a gun that is like my EDC for future carry.

To each his own.

I have a similar mentallity to the OP. I currently have four, but they are for specific purposes. My 686 4" is my only revolver, the Kel-Tec P32 is my only BUG or when the G19 just can't be carried, and the G19 is my only EDC. I have a G17, but it is only for range/fun gun (turned into limited gun), so no carry for it anymore. Not any real choices when it comes to what I'm going to carry, so its simplified.

Sold all my guns about 5 yrs. ago while downsizing my life and considering a big move. Never did move and now have bought bigger and better guns.

If my biggest decision of the day is whether to carry 9mm, .40SW, .357SIG, or 45ACP, I'm good.

I have gone from over 30 handguns to one Star Firestar Plus 9mm in one very painful day. Divorce lawyers have no soul.

I will sell blood before I get rid of a pistol now.....................
    C hawk Glock likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I have several different handguns in several different calibers and enjoy shooting each for its own reasons. If for some reason I had to narrow it down to only one, it'd be my Glock 30. Powerful, concealable, and with the G21 mag in it, up to any HD task I expect. Still, I think I'll hang on to the rest.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I have 3 handguns. I simplified 2 months ago by selling my G26 and buying an XD .45. Now I have 2 .45's and one 9mm. The 2 .45's I go back and forth for EDC. My Italian 92FS stays in the safe for home use. I have sold 3 hanguns over the years. But those were replaced right away with a new handgun. I sold my Yugo Mauser recently. Never thought I would. But, I needed the money to help pay the bills. I do regret it. But at least I have my Mosin carbine.

A couple years ago I sold off my 45s and my 357s and bought a Glock 26 and a Glock 17. And a 380 for those times when I can't conceal anything bigger. It's what works for me right now.

I still have some other guns that I rarely shoot. At some point they may get sold to help fund another purchase. My disposable income isn't quite what it once was. At one time I worked a second job just to pay for my gun habit!
    Question Everything!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
    All but one. Something in me just wanted to keep things simple. I love the gun I kept (Glock 26), it shoots like a full size gun and conceals great. I started this at first because I wanted to just buy one caliber of ammo. I thought this process would take a while. I sold 3 in 2 weeks. I already sold a couple earlier in the year. I put one up for sale and wam, it sold that day. Same for the other 2. I really thought this process would take several months. So here I sit with only one handgun. It feels good to not have to choose what to carry. Although I feel kind of naked. I have a big wad of cash in my empty gun safe, so if I have withdrawals I can run out and buy a new gun.

Anyone else consider this?
    Nope, hasn't even crossed my mind. I would never let myself into a position of only having 1 gun. What if something happened to it? What are you going to do for a back up? I know, your gun is a Glock, but they break also. What if it happens in the middle of the night when you need a gun? Sorry, too many things can happen that just having 1 gun isn't a good idea.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Oh oh, yer goin' to be kickin' yerself for that one...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

would not even concider it. Matter of fact there is a gun show next weekend and I will probably end up with another one.
    MIA/POW , Bring em home or Send us back

At first I did not plan on only 1 handgun, I was going to get a full size 9mm after selling all my handguns ( which were all compact or mouseguns) Then I saw how accurate the 26 was and thought I did not need a full size. I see the point about needing another gun in case of a broken gun, but at that point I could always buy a new gun that day.

I'm going to see how long I last with just the Glock. I think I want to master 1 gun rather than be proficient with many.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links