I will be changing what I carry

This is a discussion on I will be changing what I carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Let's pretend the cost of it was $500. What would be the reasons for not carrying it?...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: I will be changing what I carry

Let's pretend the cost of it was $500. What would be the reasons for not carrying it?

2. Remove Ads

Man, that is one sweet looking 1911. My two Springers are ugly ducklings compared to her. (but I still like them)

In regards to te previous concerns of some posters who worry about their firearm being taken away/confiscated/held for evidence in the event of a shooting incident. I have heard this same reasoning by LEO's who are offered the chance by their department to carry their own AR15 platform weapons due to departmental budget constraints not allowing for department issue guns. I've heard said "I won't pack my own gun on duty because if I have to use it, I'll loose it for a while".

Now, don't get me wrong, I know that firearms are expensive and as a person struggling to get by myself, I don't have money to throw around but really? If that firearm is NEEDED, it is SAVING YOUR LIFE! Does it really matter that it is withheld from you for a year or two after? You're ALIVE!

Maybe, just maybe, should you be forced to save the life of yourself, your loved ones or an unfortunate citizen and you happen to loose your firearm to the legal system; someone hearing your story and circumstance just might loan or give you a replacement. Loosing the firearm AFTER I've had to use it and it served me well is the least of my concerns. The fact of the matter is, the OP here is carrying a beautiful sidearm that he feels good carrying so why knock him? Its his choice.

Sorry, just felt the need to rant this out a bit. I've heard it and don't understand it. Sorry.
    peckman28 likes this.
    Ruger MkII, Kel Tek P3AT, Hi Point JH45, SA XDm9, SA XD9sc, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded Micro
    Life is fragile and is what we make it. Keep dear to your heart that of your loved ones and fellow man and by God don't try to take it from me or my loved one's.

Quote Originally Posted by resqr9142 View Post
    Man, that is one sweet looking 1911. My two Springers are ugly ducklings compared to her. (but I still like them)

In regards to te previous concerns of some posters who worry about their firearm being taken away/confiscated/held for evidence in the event of a shooting incident. I have heard this same reasoning by LEO's who are offered the chance by their department to carry their own AR15 platform weapons due to departmental budget constraints not allowing for department issue guns. I've heard said "I won't pack my own gun on duty because if I have to use it, I'll loose it for a while".

Now, don't get me wrong, I know that firearms are expensive and as a person struggling to get by myself, I don't have money to throw around but really? If that firearm is NEEDED, it is SAVING YOUR LIFE! Does it really matter that it is withheld from you for a year or two after? You're ALIVE!

Maybe, just maybe, should you be forced to save the life of yourself, your loved ones or an unfortunate citizen and you happen to loose your firearm to the legal system; someone hearing your story and circumstance just might loan or give you a replacement. Loosing the firearm AFTER I've had to use it and it served me well is the least of my concerns. The fact of the matter is, the OP here is carrying a beautiful sidearm that he feels good carrying so why knock him? Its his choice.

Sorry, just felt the need to rant this out a bit. I've heard it and don't understand it. Sorry.
    Thanks man. Money is not the issue with me. I have replacement firearms if the situation presents itself. It's all good. It's just the Internet ;) oh and my wife is from Missouri.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsully View Post
    Thanks man. Money is not the issue with me. I have replacement firearms if the situation presents itself. It's all good. It's just the Internet ;) oh and my wife is from Missouri.
    Hey, no prob. My cousins live in Grand Haven, MI. Hi Mrs. Dsully.
    Ruger MkII, Kel Tek P3AT, Hi Point JH45, SA XDm9, SA XD9sc, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded Micro
    Life is fragile and is what we make it. Keep dear to your heart that of your loved ones and fellow man and by God don't try to take it from me or my loved one's.

Nix
    Great looking 1911. Hope it serves you well. I'd shoot the devil out it and carry it regularly too!

Very nice! I also like that you are gonna carry it! I feel guns are made to be used not just pulled out of a box and looked at.
    Question Everything!

Nice choice they're great 1911's and accurate as you can get while still being reliable. As far as the carrying goes if you can afford a $3000 1911 you can afford a replacement $3000 1911 I'm sure.

VIP Member
    Nice looking gun.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

AOK
    Great looking gun! Any custom work in the future? I can't tell but are those Trijicon HD's on there?

I guess now would be the time to get your one-on-one work in with Steve Fisher, I imagine he's going to be a lot busier with Costa moving on....

A little off topic but what did you guys get to work on?

Quote Originally Posted by AOK View Post
    Great looking gun! Any custom work in the future? I can't tell but are those Trijicon HD's on there?

I guess now would be the time to get your one-on-one work in with Steve Fisher, I imagine he's going to be a lot busier with Costa moving on....

A little off topic but what did you guys get to work on?
    We worked on drawing and getting on target, shoot and move, combat/tactical reloads and some accuracy drills. It was a fun day. I bet he's going to be busier too.

As for custom work, I would like a little trigger work done but I need to run the gun for a bit. I also want some cuts done to the trigger guard for an even better grip

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Why do people care how much someone else's gun cost and whether or not they will carry it?

Dsully got a fantastic pistol and what he paid for it or what a catalog lists it at is pointless and frankly shouldn't be a concern to anyone but him.

Shoot it till it bleeds oil and carry it till the slide is nekkid.

Huge congrats to you.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Sounds great.

Roger

AOK,
    They are Heinie Ledge Sights. The barrel is a full-fit Match-Grade Carbon Steel barrel.

Awesome Gun! Congrats!

Beautiful gun, congratulations on getting such a nice piece!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links