I will be changing what I carry

This is a discussion on I will be changing what I carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Let's pretend the cost of it was $500. What would be the reasons for not carrying it?...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: I will be changing what I carry

  1. #16
    Member Array Dsully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    143
    Let's pretend the cost of it was $500. What would be the reasons for not carrying it?

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    Member Array resqr9142's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    260
    Man, that is one sweet looking 1911. My two Springers are ugly ducklings compared to her. (but I still like them)

    In regards to te previous concerns of some posters who worry about their firearm being taken away/confiscated/held for evidence in the event of a shooting incident. I have heard this same reasoning by LEO's who are offered the chance by their department to carry their own AR15 platform weapons due to departmental budget constraints not allowing for department issue guns. I've heard said "I won't pack my own gun on duty because if I have to use it, I'll loose it for a while".

    Now, don't get me wrong, I know that firearms are expensive and as a person struggling to get by myself, I don't have money to throw around but really? If that firearm is NEEDED, it is SAVING YOUR LIFE! Does it really matter that it is withheld from you for a year or two after? You're ALIVE!

    Maybe, just maybe, should you be forced to save the life of yourself, your loved ones or an unfortunate citizen and you happen to loose your firearm to the legal system; someone hearing your story and circumstance just might loan or give you a replacement. Loosing the firearm AFTER I've had to use it and it served me well is the least of my concerns. The fact of the matter is, the OP here is carrying a beautiful sidearm that he feels good carrying so why knock him? Its his choice.

    Sorry, just felt the need to rant this out a bit. I've heard it and don't understand it. Sorry.
    peckman28 likes this.
    Ruger MkII, Kel Tek P3AT, Hi Point JH45, SA XDm9, SA XD9sc, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded Micro
    Life is fragile and is what we make it. Keep dear to your heart that of your loved ones and fellow man and by God don't try to take it from me or my loved one's.

  4. #18
    Member Array Dsully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by resqr9142 View Post
    Man, that is one sweet looking 1911. My two Springers are ugly ducklings compared to her. (but I still like them)

    In regards to te previous concerns of some posters who worry about their firearm being taken away/confiscated/held for evidence in the event of a shooting incident. I have heard this same reasoning by LEO's who are offered the chance by their department to carry their own AR15 platform weapons due to departmental budget constraints not allowing for department issue guns. I've heard said "I won't pack my own gun on duty because if I have to use it, I'll loose it for a while".

    Now, don't get me wrong, I know that firearms are expensive and as a person struggling to get by myself, I don't have money to throw around but really? If that firearm is NEEDED, it is SAVING YOUR LIFE! Does it really matter that it is withheld from you for a year or two after? You're ALIVE!

    Maybe, just maybe, should you be forced to save the life of yourself, your loved ones or an unfortunate citizen and you happen to loose your firearm to the legal system; someone hearing your story and circumstance just might loan or give you a replacement. Loosing the firearm AFTER I've had to use it and it served me well is the least of my concerns. The fact of the matter is, the OP here is carrying a beautiful sidearm that he feels good carrying so why knock him? Its his choice.

    Sorry, just felt the need to rant this out a bit. I've heard it and don't understand it. Sorry.
    Thanks man. Money is not the issue with me. I have replacement firearms if the situation presents itself. It's all good. It's just the Internet ;) oh and my wife is from Missouri.

  5. #19
    Member Array resqr9142's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsully View Post
    Thanks man. Money is not the issue with me. I have replacement firearms if the situation presents itself. It's all good. It's just the Internet ;) oh and my wife is from Missouri.
    Hey, no prob. My cousins live in Grand Haven, MI. Hi Mrs. Dsully.
    Ruger MkII, Kel Tek P3AT, Hi Point JH45, SA XDm9, SA XD9sc, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded Micro
    Life is fragile and is what we make it. Keep dear to your heart that of your loved ones and fellow man and by God don't try to take it from me or my loved one's.

  6. #20
    Nix
    Nix is offline
    Member Array Nix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    309
    Great looking 1911. Hope it serves you well. I'd shoot the devil out it and carry it regularly too!

  7. #21
    Senior Member Array GreyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    central florida
    Posts
    903
    Very nice! I also like that you are gonna carry it! I feel guns are made to be used not just pulled out of a box and looked at.
    Question Everything!

  8. #22
    Member Array LoadedPipes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    336
    Nice choice they're great 1911's and accurate as you can get while still being reliable. As far as the carrying goes if you can afford a $3000 1911 you can afford a replacement $3000 1911 I'm sure.

  9. #23
    VIP Member
    Array archer51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    21,081
    Nice looking gun.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

    USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

  10. #24
    AOK
    AOK is offline
    Member Array AOK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    380
    Great looking gun! Any custom work in the future? I can't tell but are those Trijicon HD's on there?

    I guess now would be the time to get your one-on-one work in with Steve Fisher, I imagine he's going to be a lot busier with Costa moving on....

    A little off topic but what did you guys get to work on?

  11. #25
    Member Array Dsully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by AOK View Post
    Great looking gun! Any custom work in the future? I can't tell but are those Trijicon HD's on there?

    I guess now would be the time to get your one-on-one work in with Steve Fisher, I imagine he's going to be a lot busier with Costa moving on....

    A little off topic but what did you guys get to work on?
    We worked on drawing and getting on target, shoot and move, combat/tactical reloads and some accuracy drills. It was a fun day. I bet he's going to be busier too.

    As for custom work, I would like a little trigger work done but I need to run the gun for a bit. I also want some cuts done to the trigger guard for an even better grip

  12. #26
    Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,711
    Why do people care how much someone else's gun cost and whether or not they will carry it?

    Dsully got a fantastic pistol and what he paid for it or what a catalog lists it at is pointless and frankly shouldn't be a concern to anyone but him.

    Shoot it till it bleeds oil and carry it till the slide is nekkid.

    Huge congrats to you.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

  13. #27
    New Member Array k5mow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Friendswood TX
    Posts
    8
    Sounds great.

    Roger

  14. #28
    Member Array Dsully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    143
    AOK,
    They are Heinie Ledge Sights. The barrel is a full-fit Match-Grade Carbon Steel barrel.

  15. #29
    Member Array kal0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    120
    Awesome Gun! Congrats!

  16. #30
    VIP Member Array peckman28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,074
    Beautiful gun, congratulations on getting such a nice piece!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

neatest weapons

Click on a term to search for related topics.