Glock 27- Gen 3 or Gen 4......Differences & Preferences ?

This is a discussion on Glock 27- Gen 3 or Gen 4......Differences & Preferences ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've pretty much decided on a G27. I'm not certain what is difference in Gen 3 & 4, and if said differences matter. Comments and ...

Thread: Glock 27- Gen 3 or Gen 4......Differences & Preferences ?

Glock 27- Gen 3 or Gen 4......Differences & Preferences ?

I've pretty much decided on a G27. I'm not certain what is difference in Gen 3 & 4, and if said differences matter. Comments and opinions appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    The difference in the Gen 3 and Gen 4 models are the ability to modify the grip somewhat. Glock has added a new backstrap system, similar to numerous other manufacturers, that allows you to change the grip a little bit. I currently have all Gen 3 guns myself and I am not familiar with the new grips but many people feel they are an improvement. Another change in the Gen 4 Glocks is the new recoil system. In the .40 S&W guns it has dampened the recoil and made the guns easier to handle. I believe it works really well and has cured some of the problems Glock had in the past with their .40 S&W guns and weapon lights. However the new recoil system is reputed to have trouble in the 9mm guns. And one last addition now is the magazine release button is a little bit larger and you are now able to swap it to either side of the pistol for left and right handed shooters. The new magazines are able to drop free with the magazine release button on either side of the pistol while older magazines will only work if the button is on the right side of the pistol. And the final thing I believe is that the "butt plugs" don't work on the new Gen 4 guns due to the new backstrap system. However I expect that to change as everyone makes Glock parts and there is money to be made with them.

I would not hesitate to buy the Glock 27 in either a Gen 3 or Gen 4. I had a Gen 3 Glock 17 and 26 when the Gen 4 system came out and I wanted to get a Glock 19. I figured I would keep them all the same generation as I was not familiar with the new Gen 4 tweaks. As of right now, if I was going to get .40 S&W Glocks, I would probably get the Gen 4 guns.

I believe the recoil spring assembly in the G4 27 is unchanged. I recall seeing on Glockmeister or glockstore that the RSA fits either G3 or G4. I am really in love with the new grip system though. No backstrap is like the SF series of Glock pistols. Perfection perfected if you ask me.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Thank you guys for the input.............I guess it's up to me now!

Links