Para Ordinance P-10 Limited

This is a discussion on Para Ordinance P-10 Limited within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all. I recently purchased a Para Ordinance P-10 Limited with the intention of carrying it once I recieve my permit (which should be in ...

Hi all. I recently purchased a Para Ordinance P-10 Limited with the intention of carrying it once I recieve my permit (which should be in the next week or so, once DPS is done with the paperwork). I shot it this weekend and was actually quite impressed. I'm a bit biased in favor of 1911s, their clones, and the .45acp in general.

I remember when Para came out with it, I think I was like 15 or so, and wanted one back then. Recently I started considering carrying more frequently, if not all the time, after I started working nights in a not so friendly end of town. I already have a Springfield Armory 1911 and a Ruger GP-100 (both of which I love) but I feel are too big to carry all the time. So I was considering buying a .380 or 9mm, but being partial to the .45, I wanted a "small" .45 to carry. I was quite disappointed to find that Para quit making the P-10 sometime ago. I know they make something similar, but I can't really afford nearly $1000 for a pistol. To my surprise I found a used P-10 Limited at a recent gun show. The price was really great, almost half what a new Para would run me. So I bought it.

Ok, so to end my boring rant, I have some questions to ask. Does anyone else carry this pistol? Who makes a soft holster that will fit in the small of my back? I'd just like some opinions and suggestions if anyone has them. I've posted on many 4 wheel drive forums, so I'm used to getting "flamed", so if you think my pistol choice or anything else I've said is completely retarded, I'd like to hear it and why you think so.

Thanks in advance.
    Before you criticize a man, first walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.

good choice I think ...one of my carry pieces is a Para 12.45.LDA
    As per holster selection, I use a Ross IWB holster that I found super-cheap. There must be a thousand choices available to you. Good luck !

BTW... Welcome to the forums !!! Arthur

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Congrats on applying for your permit. I hope all goes well.

Almost any holster designed for an Officer sized 1911 should do well for the Para. I've used a Galco SOB with a 1911 before with great results. There are several holster makers that post here regularly in the Concealed Carry Holsters & Carry Options forum. Post your question there, and you might just get the answer you're looking for.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

VIP Member
    One thing you will not have to worry about here is getting "flamed". As to the holster go to our Holster forum as suggested above. You can post the question, but we have a number of holster makers who are members here and as you look through the holster forum the names should become familiar. We also have a link in the blue bar at the top of the page that will take you to a list of 134 holster sites. You should find something that suits you.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    I'd like to add that my reply was not meant as a flame, but just as friendly advice.

Best regards,

P8riot
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Here's something to think on, with a pistol that has a short barrel like this one does, it's best to get a holster for a 4" barreled gun. The weight of the grip makes it want to summersault over your belt. The extra leather at the bottom of the holster helps keep it from doing that. And a short barreled gun tends to poke and dig into you. The extra leather helps keep it from doing this. And this is a double stack .45acp so there is even more weight above the belt. Just my experiance with this.

Thanks for the advice, especially the one about using a 4" holster, something I hadn't considered. Don't worry about the "flames", I'm pretty easy going and open to any form of advice/criticism. Thanks everyone.
    Before you criticize a man, first walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddspufin View Post
    Thanks for the advice, especially the one about using a 4" holster, something I hadn't considered. Don't worry about the "flames", I'm pretty easy going and open to any form of advice/criticism. Thanks everyone.
    Either longer or with supporting "wings" like this one. http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=13195

Links