Glock 18 Full-Auto...WoW. - Page 2

Glock 18 Full-Auto...WoW.

This is a discussion on Glock 18 Full-Auto...WoW. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by azchevy Sarah Brady? Is that you? Yup, you called me out. I am Sarah Brady. Let me rephrase, not very useful for ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Glock 18 Full-Auto...WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Sarah Brady? Is that you?
    Yup, you called me out. I am Sarah Brady.

Let me rephrase, not very useful for a civilian carry gun (this is in defensive carry guns). They take a fair amount of training to manage, and full auto in the majority of SD encounters could be a hindrance. And trying to conceal one with a 33 round mag would be a pain.

Would they be fun to have as a range toy, you betcha.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    Yup, you called me out. I am Sarah Brady.

Let me rephrase, not very useful for a civilian carry gun (this is in defensive carry guns). They take a fair amount of training to manage, and full auto in the majority of SD encounters could be a hindrance. And trying to conceal one with a 33 round mag would be a pain.

Would they be fun to have as a range toy, you betcha.
    It would be WAY too easy to conceal. Just like any other Glock with a 17 rd mag. You just strap the 33rd mags to your thighs. So, when the time comes, use your 17rds, then load up with the 33s...
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I think it would stave off attackers if you found yourself held up in your bedroom or any other room of your house and one or more guys are trying to come in on you. Ammo holding out, you could hold them off until the calvary arrives. Now is it likely that this would ever happen? I doubt it and if you had this, I'm sure you'd be tempted to go on the offensive as opposed to the defensive.

Mostly I just thought that this is a great gun and perhaps I should've posted it in "off topic" given that this isn't really intended to be a carry defensive gun. On the other hand, however, it does have a selector that allows it to go to semi-auto and in that capacity it is every much of a carry defensive gun as any other semi-auto. The only difference is the bang switch that allows it to go all-out. Really, its not much different than a street car with a switch that either allows NOS or a supercharger to kick in and add a few hundred more horse power. Just because you have the ability, doesn't mean you have to use it. In a defensive situation, there's no reason why you couldn't use it in semi-auto mode.

I dont think civilians can own one because they are post 1986 made. You can only buy full autos built and registered prior to 1986. Glock 18s didnt exist then.

Google it. You can do uzis, skorpions, etc. if you want a machine pistol.

Any NFA item will be $$$$$
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I'm not trying to imply that civilians are "allowed" to own one. I'm talking about the usage that it can serve it if were allowed to be employed in civilian usage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links