Glock 18 Full-Auto...WoW.

This is a discussion on Glock 18 Full-Auto...WoW. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got through watching Larry Vickers shoot a Glock 18 on "Tac TV". I've never even heard of a Glock 18. For those that do ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Glock 18 Full-Auto...WoW.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar

Just got through watching Larry Vickers shoot a Glock 18 on "Tac TV". I've never even heard of a Glock 18. For those that do not know, it is an automatic pistol that has a selector that will allow it to go from semi-auto to full auto.

When Vickers shot it, he was using the isosceles stance. When using this stance, the shots move upwards and off target. Vickers then tried the old Weaver stance and kept his groups within reason, albeit they were high, etc.

I'm not sure how practical the full-auto mode is given that it shoots so fast that you will be out of a hi-cap mag in little to no time. Irrespective of some of the problems that some of us might have shooting a weapon like this using its full potential, its an awesome gun, to say the least.

I'll have to do some searching and see what these things run even though I'll never be able to get one.

My world just got a little bigger.

DCG

Full auto applications are mostly useful to personal protective type folks, and entry teams. Virtually no use for civilians.

I'm not sure any of them were ever imported for civilian use actually.

Mag life can be extended through short, controlled bursts.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

The G18 is indeed a cool weapon. But I prefer deliberate, aimed semi-auto fire. Full auto is only useful against a large group of armed perps, IMO. It's only real practical use would be some military firefights or a zombie apocolypse.
    Philly Boy and DamnitBob like this.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    :-o

Regardless of it having a practical application for civilians, its pretty Bad "A".
    cammo likes this.

full auto glock, fun to watch (maybe shoot but i wouldn't know)

i wouldn't want one, i can barely afford to feed my pistols semi auto, i couldn't imagine 1300 rounds per minute worth of discharging
    Philly Boy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    Full auto applications are mostly useful to personal protective type folks, and entry teams. Virtually no use for civilians.

I'm not sure any of them were ever imported for civilian use actually.

Mag life can be extended through short, controlled bursts.
    That 33rd mag goes WAY too fast. If you have Netflix, watch 'Lock and Load with R. Lee Ermy'. He has a lot of fun with an '18. I think it's around 1200 rds/min.

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    Just got through watching Larry Vickers shoot a Glock 18 on "Tac TV". I've never even heard of a Glock 18. For those that do not know, it is an automatic pistol that has a selector that will allow it to go from semi-auto to full auto.

When Vickers shot it, he was using the isosceles stance. When using this stance, the shots move upwards and off target. Vickers then tried the old Weaver stance and kept his groups within reason, albeit they were high, etc.

I'm not sure how practical the full-auto mode is given that it shoots so fast that you will be out of a hi-cap mag in little to no time. Irrespective of some of the problems that some of us might have shooting a weapon like this using its full potential, its an awesome gun, to say the least.

I'll have to do some searching and see what these things run even though I'll never be able to get one.

DCG
    I think they run around $1K+.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    May an unlicensed person make a machine gun? Generally, no. However, if documentation can be provided, along with the Application to Make a Machinegun, which establishes that the weapon is being made for distribution to a Federal or State agency, an individual may be permitted to make the machine gun.
    [18 U.S.C. 922(o)(2), 27 CFR 479.105(e)]

ATF Online - Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - National Firearms Act (NFA) - Machine Guns
    That aside, I think that if they were legal for us mortals, it would be a good means to effectively end the threat from a close quarters attacker in a hurry, and effectively bring a sudden halt to a violent flash mob. With no NFA, one in a Glock to SBR conversion, it would be interesting to see it's effectiveness when presumably more controllable, and SBR kits like the RONI having storage for easy access to spare mags.

I'm hoping I'll get a chance to make the few hour drive to a kind of nearby dealer that has one as a demo unit one of these days, just to say I've done it.

Glock Certified Armorer

Glock makes acouple of models that are not available due to import restrictions. One is the model 18, government agencies only,they also make a .380 that is used overseas but cannot be imported.

So I take it you never saw Matrix Reloaded? :)

Can't even imagine what the cost would be to shoot this gorilla more than once a year!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

We employ the G 18 for our sheild man,we ran a mp 5 for years,the g18 was lighter even with the 33 round mag,more manuverable,and faster rate of fire,and it only cost our dept. about $1100.00.
    Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post

DCG

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    Virtually no use for civilians.
    Sarah Brady? Is that you?
    Guest1 and thephanatik like this.

VIP Member

298 Rounds In A Little Over A Minute.

Wait for the last mag change, it's worth it.

Glock 298 rounds in full auto - YouTube
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links