I adopted a PITBULL..Charter arms pitbull

This is a discussion on I adopted a PITBULL..Charter arms pitbull within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hello folks! I was visiting one of my local GS today and I saw this Charter Arms revolver in 40 S&W, ofcourse I got curious ...

Thread: I adopted a PITBULL..Charter arms pitbull

hello folks! I was visiting one of my local GS today and I saw this Charter Arms revolver in 40 S&W, ofcourse I got curious and asked if I can look at it , I always wonder why can't I find a revolver in 40 SW so when I saw it i knew it will go home with me so long story short I am now a happy owner of a PIT Bull in 40SW..ofcourse i have to try it, so when for a quick trip to the range just to see how it shoots and honestly i was very impressed on how it balance in my hand, very easy to shoot, I mostly shot it in SA and had no problems what so ever but when i tried it DA it some how skipped a round?? not sure if it was bad primer or what but as you can see on the video it when off on the 2nd try so maybe its just new, I only shot 30 rounds because I was with my kids. I'll try again later and see what happens. here are 2 videos, one in DA and one in SA and some pictures too..the 1st video is the DA, can somebody tell me why it skipped a round?? thanks..

VIP Member
    Watched the video several times. You pulled the trigger 7 times to fire the 5 shots. I couldn't see the cylinder turning in the video. Just guessing, but it seems like although the trigger is resetting, it isn't picking up the cylinder to rotate it when pulling the trigger. Looks like it's going to have to make a trip back to Charter Arms.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I often recommend that owners should shoot their pitbull.

Seems like Charter Arms has been a lot like the usual take on the Taurus line of guns: either bad or good with no in-between! Just for me, I wouldn't take a chance on either brand. Just MHO.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

GM
    It says "There was a problem playing your video", so I guess you have removed them.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Most likely when shooting double action you're not allowing the trigger to go all the way forward to reset. Make a conscious effort to allow the trigger to go forward freely between shots. I bet the problem goes away. It happens quite frequently when trying to shoot fast with a DA revolver.
    str1

S&W has a patent on their trigger reset Charter has a slightly different trigger you do have to let it come fully forward and reset before firing another shot might be the issue.

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vikz View Post
    hello folks! I was visiting one of my local GS today and I saw this Charter Arms revolver in 40 S&W, ofcourse I got curious and asked if I can look at it , I always wonder why can't I find a revolver in 40 SW so when I saw it i knew it will go home with me so long story short I am now a happy owner of a PIT Bull in 40SW..ofcourse i have to try it, so when for a quick trip to the range just to see how it shoots and honestly i was very impressed on how it balance in my hand, very easy to shoot, I mostly shot it in SA and had no problems what so ever but when i tried it DA it some how skipped a round?? not sure if it was bad primer or what but as you can see on the video it when off on the 2nd try so maybe its just new, I only shot 30 rounds because I was with my kids. I'll try again later and see what happens. here are 2 videos, one in DA and one in SA and some pictures too..the 1st video is the DA, can somebody tell me why it skipped a round?? thanks..

Here is the S&W version, 300 made

GM nope its still there..I will try again later and will do it slower and let it reset all the way..

I have one of their Bulldogs 44 specials and works great. You do need to let the trigger all the way out.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

problem solved! shooter1 is right I just have to let the trigger reset and every thing was fine. I shot 200 rounds total yesterday and did not have any problem!. I was surprised how accurate this thing, as long as I can hold it still it hits where I aim. This will be part of my carry piece now.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing the vids and the pictures with us. I will probably wait till the 9mm version comes out. Also, I already have a Smith and Wesson 610.....so I can't really justify another .40 revolver.....at least for now. How is the case support? Looks like you were shooting your own....or at least I assume since it looks like Starline Brass in the pictures.

danimal that's actually powerball ammo that I carry it with and so far the empties looks fine..

Quote Originally Posted by vikz View Post
    danimal that's actually powerball ammo that I carry it with and so far the empties looks fine..
    Reason I ask, is that I have seen folks on another forum that are thinking of having the chamber reamed out to accept 10mm. That would be quite a hand cannon.

Sponsored Links