Glock knuckle

This is a discussion on Glock knuckle within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have 4 Glocks, 3 of them RTF2's and I have never had this issue! BTY...I shoot at least once a month and a minimum ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Glock knuckle

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    I have 4 Glocks, 3 of them RTF2's and I have never had this issue! BTY...I shoot at least once a month and a minimum of 2 Glocks per range session.
    Proud NRA member

2. Remove Ads

Sponsor

Lightbulb Glock knuckle fixes

Glock Knuckle

Again, this is what it looks like (click on pics to enlarge):

glockknuckle-1.jpg

Glock Knuckle is caused in part by the wide trigger guards we see on the Glock pistols. It can also be caused by “OVER GRIPPING” the pistol as shown here:

DSC03672-2.JPG

Wrapping your fingers around the front strap too far will cause Glock Knuckle for sure. The photo below shows the correct Glock Grip:

DSC03673-1.JPG

Notice that the trigger guard is centered between the 1st and 2nd knuckle.

But sometimes even with a GOOD GRIP you can slide into overgrip during rapid fire with sweaty hands. Relieving/reworking the underside of the trigger guard REALLY helps. Here’s one of the Glocks I just finished for a customer with BIG hands:

DSC03664-1.JPG
    Can someone please PM and tell me how to get rid of this barrel picture?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by DRM; November 16th, 2011 at 03:26 PM.
    "...with liberty and justice for all..."
    (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states). - D. Stanhope

D.R. Middlebrooks - Pro Shooting Coach & Custom Gunsmith
    Tactical Shooting Academy & Custom Shop
    www.TacticalShooting.com

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    I think you've missed the intent of the post.
    By a wide margin. There's a reason the relieving of the Glock's trigger guard is a staple with the polymer customizers such as Bowie etc.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

I don't think it makes me any less of a man because I want my gun to be more comfortable in my hand when I shoot it. My job requires me to use my hands to repair very small electronic and mechanical parts. If my hands are sore or otherwise torn up because my gun injures me when I shoot it, I'm not going to shoot it.

I don't really believe that being a MAN means that you have to use something that doesn't fit your hand any more than I believe that it means driving a big pickup truck.
    OD* likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I don't think it makes me any less of a man because I want my gun to be more comfortable in my hand when I shoot it. My job requires me to use my hands to repair very small electronic and mechanical parts. If my hands are sore or otherwise torn up because my gun injures me when I shoot it, I'm not going to shoot it.

I don't really believe that being a MAN means that you have to use something that doesn't fit your hand any more than I believe that it means driving a big pickup truck.
    Amen, it doesn't, it shows intelligence in my opinion. I can't honestly say I know anyone that is better with an uncomfortable feeling firearm than they are one that fits them. The fitting of a handgun to me is no different than the fitting of a quality shotgun or dangerous game rifle.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    I can't honestly say I know anyone that is better with an uncomfortable feeling firearm than they are one that fits them.
    Well, now you do, although I wouldn't say Glocks are downright "uncomfortable," I'd just say it was like comparing the comfort of a seat in a Toyota Corolla (Glock) versus the comfort of a seat in a Bentley (HK P30 in my case).

I mention this because I shoot my Glock 19 better than the P30, the Sig P226, the 1911, etc., just basically any gun I (and most others) would consider more comfortable.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I've heard of the "Dremel fix" before for Glocks (and other makes) that rub that spot.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Sponsor

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    Well, now you do, although I wouldn't say Glocks are downright "uncomfortable," I'd just say it was like comparing the comfort of a seat in a Toyota Corolla (Glock) versus the comfort of a seat in a Bentley (HK P30 in my case).

I mention this because I shoot my Glock 19 better than the P30, the Sig P226, the 1911, etc., just basically any gun I (and most others) would consider more comfortable.
    That's why we customize them and make them fit our hands better. Then we add all the creature comforts, all the bells & whistles, etc. we want. Some guys like stock guns, and that's cool, but I find them boring. You just have to personalize them to make them your own.
    "...with liberty and justice for all..."
    (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states). - D. Stanhope

D.R. Middlebrooks - Pro Shooting Coach & Custom Gunsmith
    Tactical Shooting Academy & Custom Shop
    www.TacticalShooting.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links