Glock knuckle

Glock knuckle

This is a discussion on Glock knuckle within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Glock Knuckle Anybody here have it, seen it or heard of it? Well, this is what it looks like (click on image to enlarge): glockknuckle-1.jpg ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Glock knuckle

Sponsor

Question Glock knuckle

Glock Knuckle

Anybody here have it, seen it or heard of it? Well, this is what it looks like (click on image to enlarge):

glockknuckle-1.jpg

It's O.K. if you've had it, it's a common problem I see all the time in training classes. Just wondering how many people here suffer from it.

If you're interested, I have some solutions...
    "...with liberty and justice for all..."
    (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states). - D. Stanhope

D.R. Middlebrooks - Pro Shooting Coach & Custom Gunsmith
    Tactical Shooting Academy & Custom Shop
    www.TacticalShooting.com

Administrator
    Yup, I've had it, and not just with Glock. I usually just band aide it and drive on.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Drop the Glock and get a 'real' gun?

I've never had the problem with the Glocks I've spent time with. But, I always have a really good, firm grip. So, I don't know.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

I really, really don't like Glocks but have fired all and sundry Glocks enough to get a feel for them. Never had one treat me this way.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

What is that, and did it come from loading magazines? Surely it didn't happen from firing a Gock pistol. If it did, there's something seriously wrong. Any time you get injured doing something, stop immediately. No.....never heard of it seen it, nor experienced it.

I really, really like Glocks and have never had this new found issue or have I ever heard of it on other forums of which I have been a member. Perhaps some had the issue, but were just too embarrassed to show everyone their wittle owy.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Lots of guns, especially if they are new to you can cause blisters or scraped skin. Simply a fact of abrasive material moving sharply in your hand over and over again. The solution is more shooting.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Men with beefy hand or long fingers are prone to getting this. In other words manly hands :D

Yep. I was a sufferer of Glock Knuckle. Looked just like that too. When I bought my G23, within 200 rounds the first time on the range my knuckle looked just like yours.

What I found was, the area where my trigger guard meets the front of the grip was rubbing me. No matter how I held the dun, no matter how I tried adjusting my grip, I was still getting rubbed the same.

Here's what I did. I took a dremel to it. I radiused the curve in the polymer so it fit my finger better and stopped rubbing me. it didn't take much to get it comfortable. Here's a picture.

copyofimg3708jx4.jpg
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Just heard about this last week and someone put on a site that explained it. Has not happened to me with either the 19 or 26 ,so I can't really speak to the issue except to say I've heard about it.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

I have a callus in that spot from shooting my Glock 19s, and it doesn't bother me at all unless I'm doing heavy training from the draw. (Heavy training to me would be somewhere around 500 or so draws with multiple shots per draw within a few days).

In the case that it does bother me, I just put a piece of athletic tape over the spot, and it's good as new.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Anyone have pics of a bloody eyebrow after shooting a 7mm mag? Don't see those threads often......LOL! There's defending yourself....shooting.....then being a man. Most men don't whine about their injuries while doing any of the above. All in all, I'm telling truth while at the same time respecting you as a person.
    I simply don't check in here like I used to. Maybe I should just to provide some simple guidance now and then. Other than that....I've had fun this trip. Wishing everyone a happy and wholesome holiday season. This forum is my family. I can't be here as much as I would like. Can I break down and cry at this point....will you still respect me in the morning?

Nope, never had it, don't want it!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I've suffered similar punishment from the trigger guard on certain revolvers shooting magnum loads. Haven't experienced it with Glocks or any of my other semi autos though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Anyone have pics of a bloody eyebrow after shooting a 7mm mag? Don't see those threads often......LOL! There's defending yourself....shooting.....then being a man. Most men don't whine about their injuries while doing any of the above. All in all, I'm telling truth while at the same time respecting you as a person.
    I simply don't check in here like I used to. Maybe I should just to provide some simple guidance now and then. Other than that....I've had fun this trip. Wishing everyone a happy and wholesome holiday season. This forum is my family. I can't be here as much as I would like. Can I break down and cry at this point....will you still respect me in the morning?
    I think you've missed the intent of the post.
    OD* and TN_Mike like this.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links