Had to bring it home early...

This is a discussion on Had to bring it home early... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last week I started a thread about my new Kahr K9 and before it was all over I ended up finding another all steel Kahr ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Had to bring it home early...

Had to bring it home early...

Last week I started a thread about my new Kahr K9 and before it was all over I ended up finding another all steel Kahr at one of my LGS's. This one was a "E9" which I mistakenly identified as an "Elite 9" (with a little help from the not to knowledgeable sales guy). I cant be sure if it was intentional, or an honest mistake on his part, but either way it's my job to know what I'm buying when I make the deal...

Anyway, after a couple of helpful post from a very knowledgeable DC member I decided to go ahead and pick up my prize and see what the damage was. First let me say that everything I read regarding the E9 that was posted was correct and when I confronted the sales guy, all he could say was "huh, really, well it's still a nice gun"...
    Once I got it home I cleaned and oiled it up good for it's maiden trip to the range today. While I was there I asked the owner of the range I frequent if he wouldn't mind taking a look at it and let me know his thoughts... He looked it over pretty good and commented on all the custom touches that were added and that they looked professionally applied. I mentioned that the young lady that had owned the gun said all the custom work was done by Kahr. He told me that, because the work was done by the factory the pistol can actually be considered a K9 in a E9 shell. Below is a couple pics of the new/used E9. Excuse the crappy Iphone pics, I cant find my digital camera.

Here's how the pistol was purchased minus the 8 round mag. Total OTD was $550.

This one kinda shows off some of the polish work...

In this one it's kinda hard to tell, but the small copy on the frame has a infill of blue on black... Again had to see, but it looks cool IMO. Has it on both sides where copy is present. Oh and the light melt job feels a lot better than the CW9 model I have..

Here's one with its brother....

Anyway, the gentleman that owns the gun range where I shoot said due to the level of custom work and the overall condition, I did very well for $550. Either way, I ran two hundred rounds through it today and it too ran perfectly.. So pleased with these all steel Kahrs that as I was leaving I ordered a MK9 from him and it should be in within the next week or two... No joke. All I can say is, I'm sold on the all steel Kahrs, best shooting small nines I have ever shot. The only thing close to it is my M&P9c which is now my nightstand pistol. All I would say to anyone not to fond of the Kahr pistol; don't knock it until you try on... The steel one that is..
    bmcgilvray and grouse like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    GBK's on a roll!

That must be some new sofa Mrs. GBK is getting!
    gottabkiddin likes this.

LOL! It wasn't so much the Sofa, but the new kitty... Main coons are expensive little guys.

November and December are months where I usually have a few extra dollars... I get a pretty good year end bonus at my office every year, plus it's my birthday next week.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

That's super sweet. I bet the all steel models feel great in hand. I'm anxious to see your MK9.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Nice!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Wow, you are on a tear!...three Kahrs in a row I'm toting a K40. You might want to check out a CZ-75 Compact - bet you can't resist one in satin nickel.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

you're killing me....no really, you are. I want a K9 elite very badly......but was just informed by my college age daughter that she only wants a freaking iPad II for Christmas. Am afraid to price them.

....another lump of coal for me this Christmas.....and my K9 Elite dream just went up in smoke. Any stores out there have like a 24 month lay away program???

Congratulations on a couple of sweet carry guns GBK......you really suck tonight...but in a good way, my friend, in a good way.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

OOOooo...all steel perks up my ears! Perhaps I should get all modernized and go for something like that.

Happy Birthday a week early, Gottabekidding!
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    OOOooo...all steel perks up my ears! Perhaps I should get all modernized and go for something like that.

Happy Birthday a week early, Gottabekidding!
    Thank you sir, I appreciate it....

Yeah, the all steel Kahr pistol has it's perks, one being reliability and the other is evident after every squeeze of the trigger...

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    you're killing me....no really, you are. I want a K9 elite very badly......but was just informed by my college age daughter that she only wants a freaking iPad II for Christmas. Am afraid to price them.

....another lump of coal for me this Christmas.....and my K9 Elite dream just went up in smoke. Any stores out there have like a 24 month lay away program???

Congratulations on a couple of sweet carry guns GBK......you really suck tonight...but in a good way, my friend, in a good way.
    Thanks zonker! Very Ironic. I was actually thinking I was gonna pick up one the iPads myself, but after these purchases, I'm gonna settle for a Kendle, or one of the other less expensive tablets. No big deal for me really, I just want it for reading books and web stuff. The iPad is going for $499 for the base model, and I've wanted one for a while, but between these Kahr pistols and the iPad, the late Steve Jobs would just have to deal with it.

I absolutely know what you mean about the "K9 Elite". That has got to be one awesome pistol, no two ways about it. here's to hoping you can score one as soon as you can. Once I get the MK9, that'll probably be my last gun purchase for several months except for the long gun I plan on picking up sometime next month...I need a good medium to large game hunting rifle to go along with my other two. I'm thinking the MK9 will be the perfect carry companion to my S&W638. The one I ordered doesn't have night sights, but I can have some put on later. Really looking forward to getting my hands on that one.

Anyway, thanks again!

GBK

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new gun and the Maine Coon.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Congrats on that nice pistol. I have an MK-9 ELITE,and it's best shooting little pistol in it's class. Extremely accurate and reliable. I love mine. You will love your too!
    Guns Have Only Two Enemies: Rust and Politicians.

A Kahr for a cat ... sounds like you got the best of the deal. Real metal handguns just what the Dr ordered you lucky dog!!

Happy Birthday To You

ENJOY!!!

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Man, You got one sweet deal! I had a Mk9 for about a year never jammed accurate but the darn little thing was just to darn small just couldent get it out of the holster with out clawing up my "love handles".

So I traded it for a K9 & just love it! Mostly I carry some kind of steel framed 1911 so to me the little all steel Kahr feels like I'm carrying nothing!

Recently I was trying on new jeans & was carrying my K9 in a IWB I always try on new jeans with a IWB carry gun.
    I bought a couple a pairs of jeans was leaving the store when to my horror I realized i had left my Kahr in the fitting room!

Holy crap! Panic! How could I have done that? I know better! What if some kid finds it?

For a second & a half these thoughts raced through my mind. Then my right hand gently brushed accross my hip & I could feel the little all steel K9 Kahr holstered & riding almost weightless on my hip!

For me the Kahr K 9 is about a perfect carry gun that I found, perfect grip frame, thin as my 1911's accurate, can kind find ammo for it everywhere ( lot wally world range ammo cheap) and lets not forget lightweight & very easy to conceal with a OWB holster as well.

Still mostly carry a 1911 but my K9 is my second choice & is trying to make its way to No. 1!

Congrads man!
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links