Is your House Gun the same as your Carry Gun?

This is a discussion on Is your House Gun the same as your Carry Gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The nightstand gun is a 1911 in .45, but the carry guns vary from another 1911 to a CW9 to a .38 snub. There are ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Is your House Gun the same as your Carry Gun?

The nightstand gun is a 1911 in .45, but the carry guns vary from another 1911 to a CW9 to a .38 snub. There are other guns of more than one type secreted throughout the house.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

2. Remove Ads

Well...

I have a dedicated 'house gun' which resides in a Gunvault: Springfield Armory XDM 9mm Compact
    I have my carry gun which goes with me daily, and when I'm awake at home: Kahr PM9
    I have my dedicated car gun, which resides in a Gunvault: S&W 642 .38 Special

I also have my home defense shotgun which resides in my safe: Remington 870 with 18.5" barrel and 7 round extension tube

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Kinda, but not really. I carry my Kel-tec PF-9 everywhere inside & out (w/1 in the chamber & 2 extra mags, all equipped with +1 base plate) & keep the Glock 17 in a Gunvault MV500 at bedside as my home back-up (w/1 in the chamber & 1 extra mag.)

I'll invest in a shotgun when the cash flow picks up again.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    For the house I keep my Glock 29SF in 10mm.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Yeah, pretty much,that is any gun I use for carry I sometimes use for a nightstand gun & vise versa.

But always: One on the belt one on the nightstand one in the SUV.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    House...Glock 22...carry...Glock 19, 23 or 27.
    Proud NRA member

My official house gun is my single shot H&R 12 Guage shotgun. Does that count?

I have a Glock 17 dedicated to home use. I have a 19 as one of my carry guns, but the 17 is only a house and range gun. It's a retired range rental with an unbelieveable high round count and it has my name as the first digits of the serial #.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Nope

the mossberg 500 cruiser is by the bed so i guess thats the house gun and my G19 is always on me if im out of bed but i do attach a rail mounted light before i go to bed so that i can grab the gun and the flashlight and have 2 lights if i need to go "investigate"
    Semper Fi

AOK
    My EDC and go-to-gun at home is my Glock 23. While I have some other choices such as my Mossberg, I don't have nearly the trigger time and training with any of my other guns compared to my 23. In a life or death situation I want to K.I.S.S.

In regards to lighting I always have a TLR1 mounted to my 23 as well as carry/have near me a Streamlight PT 2L.

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    My main HD handgun is also a range/class gun, a full-sized XDm9.

My carry gun is a XDm9 3.8 Compact. I have another XDm9 3.8 Compact that is also a dedicated range/class gun. With 7,000 rounds on my carry, I've decided that she can stand to be without the abuse and wear-and-tear that's commonly seen in training classes, so I bought a dupe to take that role, and to further reinforce consistency.

Historically, yes; a Smith & Wesson Model 10 Heavy Barrel. But, in my retirement I've taken up .38 snubs to some extent for toting around our small, low-crime rural community. The Model 10 is ready at bedside always.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

HD = XD 45 Compact.
    EDC = XD 9mm SC, or 642

Yes.

I tried the HD shotgun thing, but prefer my S&W 642 as my house gun. My 642 is just really easy to have with me around the house as needed.

It's not like I'm wanting for a decent shotgun, either. I have a Mossberg 590a1, and I think it's pretty cool.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links