Is your House Gun the same as your Carry Gun?

This is a discussion on Is your House Gun the same as your Carry Gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Full size Kimber 1911 for home Sig P232 for office Walther PPK for carry (until its replaced with either a Kimber Solo or Kahr MK9)...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Is your House Gun the same as your Carry Gun?

Full size Kimber 1911 for home
    Sig P232 for office
    Walther PPK for carry (until its replaced with either a Kimber Solo or Kahr MK9)

2. Remove Ads

No, house gun (bedside) is a S&W FS 1911 and a mossberg 20 gauge with 00 BUCK. My carry is either a Ruger Sp101 (357) or a Rock Island CS .45. My two carry guns are spread evenly throughout the house (with reload) when I am at home so no matter where I am in the house, I am close to at least one.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    When they come off my belt right before bed, they become the house guns.
    Same.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection. ― Thomas Paine

My house does'nt need a gun ,She's got me

I have 5 loaded and stashed around the house. 4 of which I can CCW...the other is just big and heavy.

If I'm in the den/kitchen at the back of the house it's a 30-30 model 94, (also the varmit gun), a Mossy 500 is the regular house gun, and the nightstand gun is a 4 inch .357 I used to CC, and can point shoot amazingly well, that gets me to the 500.

EDC is a G26 and HD is a G17. Both with night sights. Usually have a P3AT in my pocket most times as well.

My Glock-36 is an arm's length away, but my Glock-21 with an X-300 SureFire on it is in the nightstand.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Carry gun is whatever I grab. That would also be the house gun until I fight my way to the Benelli.

Of course not. A CCW i wepon is chosen because it can carried be concealed.This means a pistol. But if there is no need for concealmnett why limit yourself to a handgun which is a pretty light weapon for an anmial as large as human being? My home defense gun is a Moss 500 12 gauge. But the back up is an AK-47. But I have no neighbors for many miles so I don't ahve to worry about over-penetarion either.

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peyton View Post
    But if there is no need for concealmnett why limit yourself to a handgun which is a pretty light weapon for an anmial as large as human being? My home defense gun is a Moss 500 12 gauge. But the back up is an AK-47. But I have no neighbors for many miles so I don't ahve to worry about over-penetarion either.
    ^ And hence my problem.

Until I am as proficient at my AR as I am with my handgun, my handgun will be my primary.

Sadly, due to concerns of overpenetration/misses, given my housing setup, I do have an issue with either more potent rifle rounds or with SD/HD shotgun ammo.

We each have our unique considerations. Just as there is no one perfect-fit concealed-carry pistol, there's going to be many different options, here, for this particular question, too.

They are the same, I just switch from 10mm to a .40 during the summer months.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    My Glock pulls double duty and goes from EDC to nightstand gun when I go to bed. If the time ever comes as to if its necessary, the 870 Magnum Wingmaster is also near by to pull house duty where it will consume a diet of 00 buckshot.

Not being a big guy, I am somewhat limited as to what I can carry. So, my night stand gun is a Glock 19 and my EDC is a Kahr CW9. Also, living in Florida also puts some limits on what a person can carry based on the clothing.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I keep a Glock 23 with Streamlight TLR-3 in the nightstand but I carry a G19 or G26.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links