New J-frame.

This is a discussion on New J-frame. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My first J frame is one I 'acquired' in Vietnam. Since then there is ALWAYS one in my pocket....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: New J-frame.

VIP Member
    My first J frame is one I 'acquired' in Vietnam. Since then there is ALWAYS one in my pocket.
    Old School likes this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I have not given up on my 380 (Keltec P3AT) but I still love my J Frames.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

RKM
    Used to pocket carry a P3AT daily. Moved to a j-frame and have lived happily ever after.

Picked up a Desantis iwb today because I needed a holster. Not the best holster but good enough to get a feel for what I will have Bear Creek make for me. This gun is not a snub nose. It has the, what looks to be , 2.5" barrel and a full lug. I have only had a chance to fire ten rounds through it but I do like the gun a lot. It is not as convenient as the Bodyguard 380 but I know it will work. A lot to be said for that. ;) Need to get some photo's posted so you can tell me what I have, can't find it in the j-frame photo group or in the S&W site list.
    Be safe, Frank.

Tried and true. I carry a J frame more than any other gun. I like the way they snuggle up against my love handles.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member Array old grunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    My first J frame is one I 'acquired' in Vietnam. Since then there is ALWAYS one in my pocket.
    Love those Ol' School grips brother! Gives the gun real character....like an old "heater',"gat' or "roscoe"
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

I must admit I carry the "New York" reload 80-90% of the time. Nothing easier and more reliable to conceal in a small package than a couple J-frames. Better 5 shots of always than 15 shots of maybe. Be careful with the J-frames, they tend to multiply like rabbits in the spring.
    Rockymonster likes this.

J-Frame.jpg

Here is my J-frame. The thing has a LONG barrel for a snub but I like it. Full lug and extractor, love it.
    2.5 ounces less than my LC9 and no feed or extract questions. Happiness is a warm gun, Beatles reference, be safe.
    Frank.

Very nice revolver. I like the barrel length, it'll just add to the velocity for the round, plus the slightly longer sight radius will just help with the accuracy.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

helderberg, what model revolver is that?

Congrats on the purchase for the OP. That's a nice-looking gun.

VIP Member
    Congrats on the J Frame. They are awesome carry pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by helderberg View Post
    J-Frame.jpg

Here is my J-frame. The thing has a LONG barrel for a snub but I like it. Full lug and extractor, love it.
    2.5 ounces less than my LC9 and no feed or extract questions. Happiness is a warm gun, Beatles reference, be safe.
    Frank.
    She's a beauty! What model? How's the trigger?

Mod 637-2 is what it has stamped inside the crane. The trigger is not bad but much better than my LC9. I grabbed some snap-caps and have been running the gun in double action when I can. It seems to have smoothed out some but, as I said, it wasn't bad before. I handled the one on display but the owner of the store asked if I would like a "virgin" piece as he had one in the back. I said yes knowing the trigger might not be the same but it turned out to be not that much of difference. Have only run 10 rounds through it, 5 target rounds and 5 Hornady critical defense, before I carried it. Man, the single action is incredible, I am seriously having an internal argument with myself about trading my LC9 for a 37 snubbie. WOW, this is bad, I really could not be happier that I picked this up. To all of you that posted your photo's and on other posts, spoke of the attributes of these types of guns, I thank you. It is going to cost me some money but I think it is worth every dime.
    Be safe, Frank.

Congrats on the new J-frame... they certainly are sweet, reliable guns. I'm sorry I sold the two I used to own.

I'm so familiar with the 1911 trigger that I simply could not get use to the long heavy pull in the two S&W J-frame models I owned. I had one modified to lower the pull from 10+ lb. to near 7 lb. That helped improve my accuracy and speed of follow up shots. But I couldn't pocket carry it comfortably. It was perfect in a Milt Sparks belt holster - but my preferred method of carry, here in the deep South, especially for quick trips from home, is simply to slip a gun in my pocket.

I now carry a Kahr P380 in my pocket - or my 9mm EMP on my hip. Never had a single problem with either one. But every time I see a new J-frame in a gun store, I regret selling mine. It's only a matter of time until I get another one. (I still have my J-frame holster )

IMHO : good move ..... congrats, it's one you won't regret ever doing.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links