What to buy?

What to buy?

This is a discussion on What to buy? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I might be getting some extra spending money soon and can't decide what to spend it on. I do have it narrowed down though. I ...

Thread: What to buy?

What to buy?

I might be getting some extra spending money soon and can't decide what to spend it on. I do have it narrowed down though. I have two routes that I might go.

The 1st is to spend all of the money and then some to buy a Sig 239 two-tone 40cal. I will have to save about another $165 and this gun will serve as the gun I'll carry when I can't carry my Sig 220. I also have a Kahr PM40 to fill that role aswell. I can't help but want more Sigs. But you have to remember that I will also need to buy a good holster and some ammo.

The 2nd is to buy a Surefire X200A and activation pad to put on my Sig 220 at night. I will also buy a Surefire 9P, HAK knife, and still have some money left over for ammo.

I'm leaning towards the 2nd option but I need convincing not to buy the Sig 1st.

Buy within your means would be to select Option 2.

To be patient would lead me to recommend Option 1.

Well, do you want to be financially responsible and buy today, or be patient by waiting and buying what you really want?!

The thing is that I really want both options and wouldn't regret going either way. I'm used to saving and buying what I really want. I'm a married college student so my gun buying fund is usually very limited and new arrivals a few and far between.

The obvious answer from most is probably to go with the Sig. Buying a gun usually makes more sense and is more fun than buying flashlights, knives, and ammo. But for my needs I'm not sure as I already have two good carry guns.

fm2
    I'd suggest #2. Good eye on the support gear needed for a new carry gun.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I'd go route #2. The light can save ur ass in a liability suit and prevent a bad shooting in your house. I loved my 1911 with light when I was on patrol and if I was a chief I'd issue a weapon mounted light and require they be carried that way on duty. I think its one of the best things for street work in alot of years.

Besides you've got a Kahr, and I hate Sigs, LOL. I think the Kahr is a better concealed gun than any sig out there.

Steve
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

I end up in the same situation........................I once in the situation, i ususally cant see spending money on anything else when I can have a new gun!!

That's my problem. Hey fed since you hate Sigs so much do you want to sell me yours at a very steep discount? It's real hard to voluntarily go the route where I don't end up with a new Sig. But I'll still wind up getting 1st class equipment that will serve several roles. And you guys are doing a good job of convincing me to go with route #2.

Here's a new option. Replace the Surefire X200A with a Surefire forearm for my 870 which is my primary HD gun. I'd still get the 9P and could use it with my Sig. And I already have an E1L for a carry light. The ammo and HAK knife are in this option also.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig View Post
    I'd go route #2. The light can save ur ass in a liability suit and prevent a bad shooting in your house. I loved my 1911 with light when I was on patrol and if I was a chief I'd issue a weapon mounted light and require they be carried that way on duty. I think its one of the best things for street work in alot of years.

Besides you've got a Kahr, and I hate Sigs, LOL. I think the Kahr is a better concealed gun than any sig out there.

Steve
    Hey Fed,

Why do you hate SIGs so much? I asked you this on another thread but I didn't get a response.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

His user name is fed_wif_a_sig. I think he is joking. Also there aren't too many people that hate Sigs. I'd be more inclined to take him seriously if it were Glocks or Kel-Tecs.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by '75scout View Post
    His user name is fed_wif_a_sig. I think he is joking. Also there aren't too many people that hate Sigs. I'd be more inclined to take him seriously if it were Glocks or Kel-Tecs.
    I don't think he is kidding. Check this out.

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...?t=5718&page=6
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

I used to own a Sig p239 in .40 (duo tone). It was a great handgun. I even found the .40 very manageable in the 239 platform. If you are left handed though, I wouldn't recommend it. I basically had to switch hands to reload. Or perform some crazy stretching technique with my fingers (the only reason I got rid of it).

Option 2 would be a better long term choice IMHO.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

No I'm a righty, otherwise I'd be lookin at XDs and HKs. But I'm diffenatly in love with Sigs. Some of the best built service guns you gan buy.

Quote Originally Posted by '75scout View Post
    No I'm a righty, otherwise I'd be lookin at XDs and HKs. But I'm diffenatly in love with Sigs. Some of the best built service guns you gan buy.

Yeah, then you will have no problems whatsoever. :) It might not be the best choice financially, but it's a great handgun.

Links