L. Vickers Shoots 10mm Glock 20 & Hits Target @ 250 Yds.!

This is a discussion on L. Vickers Shoots 10mm Glock 20 & Hits Target @ 250 Yds.! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'd like to be rich and good looking too but I'm doing alright being poor and ugly. In all fairness, the segment wasn't trying to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: L. Vickers Shoots 10mm Glock 20 & Hits Target @ 250 Yds.!

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I'd like to be rich and good looking too but I'm doing alright being poor and ugly.

In all fairness, the segment wasn't trying to advocate the shooting of BGs @ 250 yds but merely to illustrate the power of the 10mm. Irrespective of Vickers being a good shot or not or how many times he must've tried shooting long yardage shots with a handgun, the 10mm did hit a man sized target @ 250 yds and if it will do this, then I think we can trust it with that much more confidence within the parameters that most of us will be shooting it. The more I learn about this cartridge, the more respect I have for it. Regardless of its effectiveness, it is an expensive round and many advocate re-loading and this is also something I'd like to do if I ever get my backyard building/shop.

After seeing this video segment, the 10mm (IMO) is one of the best "go to war" or SHTF guns available and most likely would be my choice in such scenarios.

2. Remove Ads

If you like the 10mm, then you will love the 9x25 Dillon. It's a 10pm necked down to 9mm, velocity up to 2100fps, depending on bullet weight. Just switch out barrels and you are there.

I am glad people are waking up and seeing the 10mm for it's potential. It truly is one of the most useful auto pistol cartridges there is.

But I believe a shtf gun should be based on a gun you can buy food for at Wally world. .
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    If you like the 10mm, then you will love the 9x25 Dillon. It's a 10pm necked down to 9mm, velocity up to 2100fps, depending on bullet weight. Just switch out barrels and you are there.

I am glad people are waking up and seeing the 10mm for it's potential. It truly is one of the most useful auto pistol cartridges there is.
    Thanks for the heads up glockman. I will definitely check out the 9x25 Dillon.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    But I believe a shtf gun should be based on a gun you can buy food for at Wally world. .
    I agree with this and funny thing is, I thought about this in round about terms as soon as I posted my comment. A SHTF round should be readily available and perhaps that is why I'm starting to think I need to get a 9mm. I never thought I would say that because I have always had a personal bias against the round but after reading about the pros it has to offer on this forum, I am changing my mind.

" I have always had a personal bias against the round but after reading about the pros it has to offer on this forum, I am changing my mind. "

Nothing wrong with the 9mm. And really, there never was. I carry one on a daily basis in the g19 or 26 models, and feel more than adequately armed. Its cheap to feed too.

My 10mm's are more a speciality gun for use in the field, or when I just want extra power for that critter that might bite back.
    DefConGun likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

It's all about knowing your bullet drop at those ranges. Assuming you can shoot a pistol.

I've hit 200 yards with the 9mmx19 with a high hold. Watch your bullet drop in the dust the first two times then hold off the third. You will hit it.

With the Mk23 suppressed we where hitting 100 yard targets all day long. That's a .45 ACP caliber pistol.
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links