iF YOU LIVED IN GANGLAND VILLAGE?

This is a discussion on iF YOU LIVED IN GANGLAND VILLAGE? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yesterday, I had personal business in a area of the city I call GANGLAND VILLAGE, I came away feeling blessed I don't live there and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: iF YOU LIVED IN GANGLAND VILLAGE?

Yesterday, I had personal business in a area of the city I call GANGLAND VILLAGE, I came away feeling blessed I don't live there and wondering what changes I would add to my EDC if I did?

The first action I would take if at all possible is move somewhere else, but if I was stuck there what would be the changes in my EDC?

My thoughts was do more training with my lock blade folder and pocket carry BUG as these are with me nearly 100% of the time.

Also improve my self defense H to H for those times when SA is taken by surprise.

As to my primary CC I would not change it or how I carry as I feel the system works very well for me.

But how about you? If you lived or worked in GANGLAND VILLAGE what would you change about your EDC?
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Where abouts is Gangland Village?

Why specifically a "Gangland Village?"

Your EDC weapon should be the one you would use in any place, there would not be a lesser or greater firearm for certain areas.

All I can say is you may want to take more that one,( that is have a back up) should the primary weapon fail. Also more ammunition than "normal" should you need to use all that you normally carry.
    Last edited by JoJoGunn; November 18th, 2011 at 03:52 PM.
    bmcgilvray and Buckj like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Already live there no changes still carrying 1911 2 extra mags.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Why specifically a "Gangland Villiage?"

Your EDC weapon should be the one you would use in any place, there would not be a lesser or greater firearm for certain areas.

All I can say is you may want to take more that one,( that is have a back up) should the primary weapon fail. Also more ammunition than "normal" should you need to use all that you normally carry.
    ditto. If i have to live there i would live low and carry 2 at all times.
    Proudly living in the free state of Florida

VIP Member
    I would change nothing. No need.
    bmcgilvray likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    Yesterday, I had personal business in a area of the city I call GANGLAND VILLAGE, I came away feeling blessed I don't live there and wondering what changes I would add to my EDC if I did?

The first action I would take if at all possible is move somewhere else, but if I was stuck there what would be the changes in my EDC?

My thoughts was do more training with my lock blade folder and pocket carry BUG as these are with me nearly 100% of the time.

Also improve my self defense H to H for those times when SA is taken by surprise.

As to my primary CC I would not change it or how I carry as I feel the system works very well for me.

But how about you? If you lived or worked in GANGLAND VILLAGE what would you change about your EDC?
    Why not take the time to do the things you described anyways. I cant hurt...

As far as your question about what needs to change, nothing. No need
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    I'd move NOW. Even if I had to live in the back seat of an old Plymouth.
    WHEC724 and TN_Mike like this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

VIP Member
    Having formerly worked in gangland, in addition to a BUG, I usually carried an extra mag or three. I'd always chose the G19 for primary on those days.

The zombies had a tendency to crowd at the doorways of vacant buildings that I entered. If the door didn't lock, they'd sometimes send in a scout to interview me (I stood out like a sore thumb in those neighborhoods). In four years of doing that, I only drew once and never fired a shot.

I really hated that job.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    carry spare mags in any truck I'm driving in... make sure each truck has a "truck gun" under the seat... (which i will eventually have anyways) so really I wouldn't change anything I don't already am preparing for...
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    We all live in Gangland Village. It is not where you live, but, the people who are there, and drive-by at the time!

As sayings go ... the Police can only help and protect you while they are onsite, once they leave ... you are on your own!

Due to physical limits, my EDC's are usually revolvers. That said, I do sometimes carry P3AT as backup to my EDC.
    When I have to visit somewhere that I believe has a higher "risk", I usually carry more than 1 or at least an extra reload or 2.

Spec

carry spare mags in any truck I'm driving in... make sure each truck has a "truck gun" under the seat... (which i will eventually have anyways) so really I wouldn't change anything I don't already am preparing for...

When I carry a "truck gun" it is usually a carbine in one form or another. I see little advantage having another pistol when I have the option of having a long-gun available.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    bad people have freedom of movement--same as everyone else

so they can be anywhere; including where i am
    so my carry is the same where ever i am

though the hard wear changes with the seasons and how i am dressed,
    the soft wear is always the same---Situational Awareness Rules!!

Sent from my Think Pad using my Fingers
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    I think we are on the same page here. My work takes me to the nicest places and some really dangerous places. I generally know where I will be 12 or so hours before hand. I usually carry a G26/G27 or some for of a J-frame. If I know I am headed to a bad location I switch to a Springfield 1911 and carry extra magazines and a box of ammo in my tool case.Life has sort of turned me into a 3-gun kind of guy. Er, 3-pistol/revolver kind of guy as it were....
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

I would never LIVE in a gangland area as long as I had a choice. I must be very lucky, as I've aways been able to choose where my family lived.
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links