Bersa BP 9CC Finally Arrives in U.S.

This is a discussion on Bersa BP 9CC Finally Arrives in U.S. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Bersa announced this new pistol back in 2008 or 2009 and it has taken all this time to make it through the ATF and other ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Bersa BP 9CC Finally Arrives in U.S.

Bersa announced this new pistol back in 2008 or 2009 and it has taken all this time to make it through the ATF and other red tape to be imported into the U.S. from Argentina. I've owned Bersas for over 20 years and they are fine pistols for the price point. Anxious to see if this one is as good as the others I own.

The new model is a single stack 9mm and .40 SW with the exact dimensions and weight of the Walther PPS. Until pictures were available, I was expecting a PPS clone since Bersa patterns all their current pistol lineup after the Walther design. The actual pistol looks like a cross between a Kahr and a Glock IMO.

The BP 9CC is a single stack 7+1 9mm with a 3.2 inch barrel, 21 oz, and .94" wide at the slide lock. It has a key lock out as evidenced in the pic, loaded chamber indicator, and apparently comes with different interchangeable sights. ?? Not sure what that means....we'll see. Finishes offered are a tennifer coated matte black and an electroless nickel slide duotone model.

Davidsons Gallery of Guns and Buds Gun Shop both showed the 9mm version in stock today.
    For those in the market for another single stack CCW pistol the price point is very attractive at around $330-340 at the two sites listed above.

BugDude, TerriLi and hienykins like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I don't like the key lock on it..

Looks like a steyr m9

posted via tapatalk using android.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    I don't like the key lock on it..
    I agree,the only thing locks on guns ever accomplished was giving people one more excuse for ND's,I can't believe it fired I thought I had the internal lock engaged
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    While I don't like the key lock, it's not a deal breaker for me. I have several guns which have a intregal key lock system, and it has never been used. I'll be interested in checking one out, when available in my area.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Nice looking handgun, never owned or shot a Bersa but I understand they are good shooters. My complaint is with the key lock on any firearm, I just the uncle sam would go away and stop telling folks how to run their life's.
    Snub44 likes this.

The lock is probably essential to getting "approved" by the idiots in control. Interesting pistol, may need to fondle one if I ever see one.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    The lock is probably essential to getting "approved" by the idiots in control. Interesting pistol, may need to fondle one if I ever see one.
    Joker don't buy it! Then all we will hear is get the G19 and the Bersa 9cc! LOL

Resuppt too! I think about 10,000 0f his post's have been about the G36....
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I've had no trouble with the Bersa that I have, will have to look at one of these when the dealer gets them. As far as the lock goes, I would not lock mine, then I'd put the key someplace safe, then in about an hour or two I'd forget where the hell I put it !! Happens all the time, have CRS bad.
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Nice looking little gun, key lock just takes a little away form it. Just my .02 cents.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam42 View Post
    Nice looking handgun, never owned or shot a Bersa but I understand they are good shooters. My complaint is with the key lock on any firearm, I just the uncle sam would go away and stop telling folks how to run their life's.
    Yeah, next thing we know they'll be insisting on helments and seatbelts. I wonder if one can "lock" the lock. Would like to try one out.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Looks interesting. Bersa's website says it's 8+1 (link below). I wonder if that is with the slightly extended magazine, and it's 7+1 with a flush fitting?

BP Concealed Carry

I have a Bersa Thunder 380 that I absolutely love. The only down side to the Thunder 380 is that its a .380. Not a deal breaker, but not my first caliber choice.Its better than getting tired of trying to conceal a full size Glock in warm weather...

What I'm about to say will rattle some cages.. I like it better than my Glock 17 and 26... Now that the Bersa BP is available and for sale, I'm very anxious to see how it reviews. If it shoots and fits in hand anything like the Thunder 380..its gunna be a hit. Time will tell.
    Philly Boy and franco45 like this.

21 oz? Kinda heavy.

I've had my Bersa Thunder 9 ultra compact for several years, and I bought it used. I've got tons of rounds through it and I absolutely love it. It has been 100% reliable, accurate, well made, alloy frame, long metal slide rails, metal components, etc. I've tried to get it to fail with limp wristing and it just won't. The recoil is nothing because it is a little heavier, but well balanced. Ergos are great, and at 13+1 the capacity is plenty. My buddy has a Thunder .380 and it is a super little gun and inspired me to buy the 9mm version. If this new gun is anything remotely similar to my experience with Bersa, it will be a hit.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links