The replacement

The replacement

This is a discussion on The replacement within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A couple of weeks ago I started a thread on my first (and only) Glock. A Gen 3 19, to be precise. Seems a bit ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: The replacement

The replacement

A couple of weeks ago I started a thread on my first (and only) Glock. A Gen 3 19, to be precise. Seems a bit of a storm followed, as the Glock guys did not like the idea of ANYBODY having a problem with those particular firearms. I did, sold it, and told the story here. The battle began. I would be remiss if I did not allow the Glock fans the opportunity to chastise me further in my choice of replacement: a SIG 226 Stainless Elite. Pics coming when it arrives.

To quote C hawk Glock, "FLAME ON!!!"

No flames here; you moved to a solid replacement.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

It's hard to argue with a Sig. Sounds like you made another fine choice in firearms. Hopefully this one sticks.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    A couple of weeks ago I started a thread on my first (and only) Glock. A Gen 3 19, to be precise. Seems a bit of a storm followed, as the Glock guys did not like the idea of ANYBODY having a problem with those particular firearms. I did, sold it, and told the story here. The battle began. I would be remiss if I did not allow the Glock fans the opportunity to chastise me further in my choice of replacement: a SIG 226 Stainless Elite. Pics coming when it arrives.

To quote C hawk Glock, "FLAME ON!!!"

The SIG 226 Elite just a pure firearm. I would make the trade in a heartbeat! I love my Dark Elite. The SRT trigger is great and the accuracy is phenomenal. There is reason why one cost a grand and another five hundred. All you have to do is pick them up and shoot them.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Nothing man made is always 127% worry free. I have Blocks and they make me happy. Are they all perfect? Are they man made??

Sig`s are a rich man`s Glock!

My brains are going down into my feet

Enjoy the switch and may the schwartz be with you

Let me repeat myself..."You'll be back!"
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Nothing wrong with moving to another reliable platform if one doesn't work for you.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    How dare you!! Replacing one very good gun with another very good gun...You have to go with what you like. You will leave the gun you don't like at the house which makes it hard to use under duress. I'm not into either but then I've never tried either. So what would I know? not much. But those that seem to think pretty highly of each. Now as long as you don't go out and buy a Taurus...Just kidding Taurus lovers LOL
    Last edited by Maverickx50; November 19th, 2011 at 05:00 PM.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I've shot my son's Sigs (He got quite a collections of Sigs, Glocks and a Kimber 1911 he loves) and my only problem with the Sig is the price. I'd never pay for a Cadilac when a Chevy will get me to my destination just as well.
    zonker1986 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

You should enjoy the Sig, its a good choice.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I've shot my son's Sigs (He got quite a collections of Sigs, Glocks and a Kimber 1911 he loves) and my only problem with the Sig is the price. I'd never pay for a Cadilac when a Chevy will get me to my destination just as well.
    How many Hi-Points do you carry.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Perhaps the Hi-Point would be better compared with the Yugo or the old Eastern bloc Trablant rather than the Chevy.

I have a friend who has a P 226 and I enjoy shooting his on occasion. I could own one of those.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

AOK
    Find out what works for you and stick with it. Glocks aren't for everyone. I was the opposite of you. For a couple years I carried a couple different Sigs (232 and 225). Both were great guns. I ended up buying a Glock 23 back in 07' and the rest has been history. Sigs are sold and my EDC's are still my 23's.

Shoot often and enjoy your new firearm.

Just depends on your likes, and mission.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Nothing wrong with getting what you like best.

I have had both at one time or another and I personally prefer a Glock 19 for concealed carry.

That said I did try the Sig 228 for awhile and prefered it to the 226 for concealed carry.

Enjoy your new Sig.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links