New Sig P938 9mm coming soon !!!! >>>>>>>

This is a discussion on New Sig P938 9mm coming soon !!!! >>>>>>> within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It sound very good to me!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: New Sig P938 9mm coming soon !!!! >>>>>>>

GM
    It sound very good to me!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

2. Remove Ads

Well, the P238 is about the size of a PM9. So, if this is going to be larger, meh... :shrug:

If it comes in at about the size and weight of a PM9, and is reliable, I could be persuaded to start mastering pistols with thumb safeties.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by odeaar View Post
    I like the idea of a 9mm P938. One of the options on the link was a 7rd magazine and it is all black. Sure the pics will be sweet when they come out.

938-9-XTM-AMBI
    P938 EXTREME, Black Nitron Finish, SLITE Night Sights, Hogue Extreme G10 Grips, Ambi Safety, 7rd Magazine
    $823.00

Remember, you can add one in the chamber with the safety on and then it is a 7+1 9mm pistol. 8 rounds at 9mm is better than my 7rd mag P238 7+1.

Sounds like I need to start saving up now. Thanks VBVAGUY for bringing the good news.
    My issue isn't the +1, it's magazine / frame related. Is that with an extended mag or a longer frame? Not to keen on the X-Grip for the 238 but love the longer grip of my Mustang +II.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Well, the P238 is about the size of a PM9. So, if this is going to be larger, meh... :shrug:

If it comes in at about the size and weight of a PM9, and is reliable, I could be persuaded to start mastering pistols with thumb safeties.
    Have more faith in your own intelligence and skill. A thumb safety is not that hard dude...
    Rhcmlc and ironmike86 like this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Have more faith in your own intelligence and skill. A thumb safety is not that hard dude...
    Not a question of being "hard"...just a question of recognizing that I have thousands upon thousands of repetitions of drawing and firing a sidearm without a thumb safety. Going to one "with" a thumb safety would mean reprogramming something that has become automatic, which means thinking about it until you no longer need to. That, in turn, slows you down, until you master the new skill.

So far, I have not seen a need to do that. Frankly, I'd probably go with a DAO revolver before a pistol with a thumb safety - but I reserve the right to change my mind if this really turns out to be an otherwise "great" pistol. Time will tell.
    AZ Hawk and Rollo like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Not a question of being "hard"...just a question of recognizing that I have thousands upon thousands of repetitions of drawing and firing a sidearm without a thumb safety. Going to one "with" a thumb safety would mean reprogramming something that has become automatic, which means thinking about it until you no longer need to. That, in turn, slows you down, until you master the new skill.
    - Same here. I've avoided buying a gun with a safety for the same reason.

I'm still kicking myself for forgetting to take my safety off my shotgun yesterday while duck hunting. Needless to say, I wasn't able to take the shot. That makes this the third time in two years that it's happened to me. The good thing is that if I don't shoot at the duck, it's the end of the world.

My grandfather had an old 1911 that he brought home from the war. That was my first "real" pistol. Never did get to shoot it that much but to this day I still "sweep the safety" on my Kahrs, M&P, and XDM's none of which have a thumb safety. Guess it is just an old habit and I figure it does not hurt anything and when I get my 1911 the habit will still be there.

That might fit between my P-238 and my Sig 225!

I have a Sig P238 and just love it. I've been looking at the P250 9mm sub compact also, but if this is as nice as the P238 I will have to wait.
    Thanks for the heads up.

I've been waiting for that. I can draw with thumb safety no problem. I usually carry a Glock but when I take my 1911 out no problems. Just takes practice. Comes natural. I like to hear ppl won't want one because of the safety. Maybe they won't be flying off the shelves and the prices will come down and I will get one :)....not.. this will sell

Is this replacing the P290? I don't think anyone bought that gun.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Quote Originally Posted by CokemNot the samean View Post
    Is this replacing the P290? I don't think anyone bought that gun.
    Not the same. If the P938 is a 9mm verson of the p238 .380. It's going to be single action with a safety at least. Which is all metal. Various wood handle grips and platings...hopefully :)

Sig finally, finally, finally figured out that 10% of their market MAY be left-handed shooters. If this thing is right on, I will be all over it.
    I could still kick their rears for not putting ambi on the 238!!

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubledown View Post
    My grandfather had an old 1911 that he brought home from the war. That was my first "real" pistol. Never did get to shoot it that much but to this day I still "sweep the safety" on my Kahrs, M&P, and XDM's none of which have a thumb safety. Guess it is just an old habit and I figure it does not hurt anything and when I get my 1911 the habit will still be there.
    I try to sweep the safety for all my pistols, it does not add time and it removes the thinking bit, same going back in, decocker, safety or none the left hands goes the frame.

Guns N More,
    I'm with you! I have a Solo, and really like it - mine has worked well. I bought the Solo to step up to a 9MM from my much-loved Sig P238. My Sig 225 is the bedside gun. If I had known the P938 was coming, would probably have passed on the Solo. Now I'll just have to have both! P938 will fit nicely in my Sig "family".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links