Added a BP9cc to the rotation today

This is a discussion on Added a BP9cc to the rotation today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just saw these on Budsguns this morning. I have had 3 Bersa Thunder 380's and a Firestorm 22. All have been ultra reliable and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Added a BP9cc to the rotation today

I just saw these on Budsguns this morning. I have had 3 Bersa Thunder 380's and a Firestorm 22. All have been ultra reliable and fun to shoot. I have several 9mm carry guns (Kahr Cm9, CW9, S&W 3913 and a Sccy CPX-2) but that is one sweet looking pistol. I think this is Bersa's initial foray into a DAO gun although I could be wrong about that.

2. Remove Ads

I also have had three Bersa .380's and traded for 9mm's, but I just might have to go back to Bersa again one of these days. Good luck with the new " toy ."
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

I got home tonight and put 3 mags through the gun. At 20' it was dead on and I kept a nice little grouping on an old gas tank. Recoil was practically nonexistent. I am really liking this gun so far.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

JB, hope I'm not jacking your thread, but wanted to throw in my two cents on this guy.

picked my duotone BP 9cc up from my local GS tonight. Guys that work there were very impressed with the trigger and the very short reset. Love the sights (three dot) and the trigger is IMO really, really freaking good for a $335 pistol. Mags look like Mecgars (comes with two, not one as advertised on Davidsons) and are top of the line. Laid out next to my Kahr CW 9 and the dimensions are almost identical, but the Kahr is still just a tad thinner than the Bersa, but not by much. While obviously I have not shot mine yet, if it shoots as good as it looks, this one will be a true keeper and carry gun. My biggest complaints of my Kahrs is the really long, smooth trigger and long reset which really does nothing for your shooting technique during rapid fire. The Bersa trigger just begs to be fired as fast as you can pull it and with the short reset, it should do just fine.
    Now the bad: Magazine disconnet and key lock out. I can live with it as you switch the key to "fire" and put it away....don't care for a magazine disconnect on any of my guns, but oh, well.

Never thought a pistol could feel better in my hand than my Kahr CW9.....the Bersa does by a long margin. Very sweet feel.
    Also noticed the Buds dropped the prices on all the Kahr CW and CM models yesterday. Look out, Kahr. You have some serious competition from this one.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Do the 9mm rounds stay in the mag properly, without the infamous Kahr "wiggle?"

If so, then all Bersa needs to do is make a CM9-sized version...and watch out!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

ZONKER, feel free to post anything about yours here. I shot my first mag as fast as I could pull the trigger and it was just that, fast. I would compare it to the dao pull of my SW99c more than any other gun. I am glad to finally have a single stack 9mm with a "real" trigger system.

zonker1986 likes this.

Senior Moderator
    That looks like a lot of gun for the money.

Congrats!
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Some shots of the Bp with my G23 and PF9

Copperjacket likes this.

great photo comparisons of your Bersa, PF-9 and G23. Our tastes in carry guns appears to be very similar. PF-9, and G19 here.

I have not been this excited about a new pistol in a very long time. I think Bersa has really hit one out of the park with this little offering.

BTW, JB....do you know if the barrel of the Bersa has polyganol rifling? I know their Thunder Pro Series they changed in 2009 added that feature, and has
    made a great difference in the accuray of their pistols.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    great photo comparisons of your Bersa, PF-9 and G23. Our tastes in carry guns appears to be very similar. PF-9, and G19 here.

I have not been this excited about a new pistol in a very long time. I think Bersa has really hit one out of the park with this little offering.

BTW, JB....do you know if the barrel of the Bersa has polyganol rifling? I know their Thunder Pro Series they changed in 2009 added that feature, and has
    made a great difference in the accuray of their pistols.
    Mine definitely has polygonal rifling. Looks like a G26 barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbabbler View Post
    Mine definitely has polygonal rifling. Looks like a G26 barrel.
    good to know. I wouldn't know polyganol rifling from Polly Anna rifling. Isn't this one of the reasons that Kahr charges so much for their P Series vs the CW Series? The additional costs of adding polyganol
    rifling vs standard rifling? Bersa appears to have trumped Kahr with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    good to know. I wouldn't know polyganol rifling from Polly Anna rifling. Isn't this one of the reasons that Kahr charges so much for their P Series vs the CW Series? The additional costs of adding polyganol
    rifling vs standard rifling? Bersa appears to have trumped Kahr with that one.
    Bersa trumped Kahr with everything on this gun. This is my first Bersa product but I have owned Kahr CW9, CW40, MK9 and PM40. I like the trigger, build quality and overall design better on this gun than any of the Kahrs. The "real" trigger (short reset) makes this gun a game changer in my opinion.

Do you know how to disable the mag disconnect yet? I've got an older Bersa Thunder 9uc that I really love. They are well built and reliable. This BP9cc looks awesome. I have a Taurus PT709 that gets a decent amount of carry in the summer, and mine has been flawless, but this new Bersa sounds like it has raised the bar...if I can get the mag disconnect removed.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Unfortunately, disabling the magazine disconnect will not be as easy on this gun as on the 3rd Gen Smiths.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    I will be holding one of these little Argentine Beauties soon. Great new option for the consumer. LC9 and CW9 have a new competitor to deal with now.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links