Added a BP9cc to the rotation today - Page 3

Added a BP9cc to the rotation today

This is a discussion on Added a BP9cc to the rotation today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yup. I have had nothing but positive to say about my two Bersa's..a Thunder Plus .380 and a 9mm UC. This one is definitely on ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Added a BP9cc to the rotation today

Yup. I have had nothing but positive to say about my two Bersa's..a Thunder Plus .380 and a 9mm UC. This one is definitely on my radar.

picked up the duotone electroless nickel slide model last night.

Philly Boy likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Very nice looking slide on that one Zonker. Does the nickel look well done and even? How do you think it will stand up over time?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbabbler View Post
    Very nice looking slide on that one Zonker. Does the nickel look well done and even? How do you think it will stand up over time?
    a little spotty on one side, but nothing that takes away from the guns looks. I ususally use metal polish to buff out the nickel slides to a high gloss. I have a couple of other Bersa Duotone pistols, and the nickel has held up fine.

Bersa 9 Ultra Compact Pro

BugDude likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

The old Bersa Thunder 9uc is hard to beat in the ergo/size/capacity comparison. Mine is an older model and the black finish on the slide leaves a little to be desired, but it is a workhorse and not a showpiece. I love the new BP9cc, but for the minimal differences I probably won't spend the extra cash on one. Now, if I can get a decent price out of my PT709 and my Glock 36, I might thin the herd a little and replace them with this weapon for another carry option.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I may have to buy one so I can make holsters for them. I do love my BT40UCpro and BT9UC.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Went holster shopping yesterday and found that all of the Kahr holsters made by Tagua fit the BP every bit as good as they fit the Kahrs. Same for the IWB Galcos that they had at FP Tactical Supply.

200 more down the pipe today. Everything is settling in nicely. Trigger is breaking at 10mm and 4.2lbs. Outing night sights on tomorrow. Glock fits rear dovetail and sig fits front.

200 more down the pipe today. Everything is settling in nicely. Trigger is breaking at 10mm and 4.2lbs. Outing night sights on tomorrow. Glock fits rear dovetail and sig fits front.
    so you need a Glock rear Trijicon and a SIG fron Trijicon? I compared to the night sights on my Glocks and the rear insert appeared too big for the BP.
    JB, can you give a little more detail on how you are adding night sights?

Just put it on this morning. It lines up nicely with the slopes on the slide. The shadows make it look like it doesn't but they match.

Just put it on this morning. It lines up nicely with the slopes on the slide. The shadows make it look like it doesn't but they match.

wow. I need to compare my glocks that have night sights. They looked too big. Thansk for the update.

The Glock OEM tritium rear sight I installed has a single dash on the side which indicates that it is a 6.5mm (0.256in.) sight. GLOCK rear sights are available in four heights. The standard rear sight height for GLOCK pistols in 9mm, .40, .45 G.A.P., and .357 is 6.5mm (0.256in.) while .45ACP and 10mm use a taller 6.9mm (0.27in.) sight. Rear sights are also available in heights of 6.1mm (0.24in.), 6.9mm (0.27in.) and 7.3mm (0.29in.). Every change of the rear sight height will result in a shift of the predicted position of approximately 50mm (1.97in.) over 25m (27yds.) firing distance.

According to 10-8 Precision
    "Factory Glocks tend to shoot anywhere from 2-4" high at 25 yards, usually necessitating the use of a 6 o'clock hold when shooting bullseye and other small targets. Keep in mind that if you lined up 20 Glocks, all of the same model and caliber, not every single one would shoot to the same point of impact with a given set of sights. Glock makes a number of different height rear sights to accommodate the inherent variations in points of impact. With this in mind, an aftermarket front/rear set with a standardized height for all models - such as the one we've been selling for a few years now - can only provide an approximate elevation setting for any particular gun.The .215" height is the most commonly used of our front sight heights, and typically provides a point of impact from 0 to approximately 2" high at 25 yards. Results will vary with individual pistols. The .235" height front sight lowers point of impact approximately 2-3" at 25 yds from the .215" tall front sight, and the .250" height lowers the point of impact approximately 3.5-5" at 25 yds, depending on your model's sight radius. One inch of elevation change at 25 yards equates to approximately .007" of front sight height. We do not recommend sighting in your pistol at any distance closer than 25 yards, as the amount of possible error generated by sighting in at shorter distances will create issues when you shoot at longer ranges."

Sig front sights come in the following sizes.

Front Sight Heights:
    #5 = 6.01mm (0.235 inches)
    #6 = 5.88mm (0.230 inches)
    #7 = 5.74mm (0.225 inches)
    #8 = 5.60mm (0.220 inches)
    #9 = 5.46mm (0.215 inches)
    #10 = 5.32mm (0.210 inches)

Based on this I think I am going with the Sig #8.

Thoughts?

Thinking of picking this gun up tomorrow

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links