NEW GUN! RIA 22 TCM, a .223 on a necked down 9mm case in a 1911 package, 2100 FPS - Page 4

NEW GUN! RIA 22 TCM, a .223 on a necked down 9mm case in a 1911 package, 2100 FPS

This is a discussion on NEW GUN! RIA 22 TCM, a .223 on a necked down 9mm case in a 1911 package, 2100 FPS within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by dukalmighty Well since I can swage 223 bullet tips from 22 spent brass for almost nothing once the gun is available I ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: NEW GUN! RIA 22 TCM, a .223 on a necked down 9mm case in a 1911 package, 2100 FPS

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Well since I can swage 223 bullet tips from 22 spent brass for almost nothing once the gun is available I will need to not only buy a few hundred rounds of factory ammo,but try to get other people at the range to buy one and then sweep up their spent brass to reload for mine WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER
    I'd like to see that. I'm always amazed at that process but I havent seen it done with a rimfire type case. Very cool none the less.
    I carry a .357mag because no one bickers about the .357mag being "enough".

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    I had the chance to shoot a FN 5.7mm. Really liked it. I don't know how it does as a combat/self-defense round, but it was fun to shoot.
    +1 Those are fun to shoot the 22tcm does sound interesting.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulley View Post
    I'd like to see that. I'm always amazed at that process but I havent seen it done with a rimfire type case. Very cool none the less.
    That is how Fred Huntington, founder of RCBS, got his start. Here is a write-up of the process of making bullets from 22lr brass.

http://rceco.com/img/rfjackets.PDF
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links