Debating between Glock and Steyr

This is a discussion on Debating between Glock and Steyr within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been reading both this forum and the Steyr forum and it seems to be split down the middle. I would like to know what ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Debating between Glock and Steyr

Debating between Glock and Steyr

I've been reading both this forum and the Steyr forum and it seems to be split down the middle. I would like to know what truly sets these two manufactures apart. Is it quality?
    Reliability? One thing that leads me more towards Glock is the availability of accessories and more holster options. Can both of these guns shoot reloads without issue?

Thanks,

Chris

2. Remove Ads

GLOCK,Steyr has dropped their pistols once because of poor sales,would prob do it again,then what about parts?

glock simply for availability of accessories, mags, and parts
    joker1, Bullet1234 and TN_Mike like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    glock simply for availability of accessories, mags, and parts
    Bingo.

Glock. Has everything you need. I dislike them and may never own one, but when I started looking for a polymer pistol all I did was compare it to Glocks, knowing thier bonafide reputation.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbs View Post
    I've been reading both this forum and the Steyr forum and it seems to be split down the middle. I would like to know what truly sets these two manufactures apart. Is it quality?
    Reliability? One thing that leads me more towards Glock is the availability of accessories and more holster options. Can both of these guns shoot reloads without issue?

Thanks,

Chris
    Why don't you skip both and get an M&P? Plenty of accessories and you can shoot reloads all day long.
    Copperjacket and TN_Mike like this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Why don't you skip both and get an M&P? Plenty of accessories and you can shoot reloads all day long.
    I agree. Check out the XD, M&P, and Glock platforms..... choose the one you like best and shoot well. I shoot reloads out of both my glock and XD all day long.

I have a S&W M&P 9mm compact and hate it, which is why I'm looking elsewhere. Who sells the XD in Mass?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbs View Post
    I have a S&W M&P 9mm compact and hate it, which is why I'm looking elsewhere. Who sells the XD in Mass?
    The M&P is a fine pistol and is very similar to a Glock. If you don't like the M&P then there is a good chance that a Glock, Steyer or XD is not for you either. Perhaps you should expand your search.

What exactly is the reason behind your hatred of the M&P?
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    The M&P is a fine pistol and is very similar to a Glock. If you don't like the M&P then there is a good chance that a Glock, Steyer or XD is not for you either. Perhaps you should expand your search.

I agree, he might as well just totally leave the polymer platform all together. All of these pistol are fantastic, but pretty similar.

By the way, I smell a light airy hint of troll.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I had the M&P compact in 9mm and really liked it. I had, what I thought was an abnormally high FTE rate. When it worked, it was beautiful. I loved it and it was super accurate for me. I "upgraded" to a Glock 30, which I also love. I'll probably have this forever and plan to add an XD soon.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ruining View Post
    I had the M&P compact in 9mm and really liked it. I had, what I thought was an abnormally high FTE rate. When it worked, it was beautiful. I loved it and it was super accurate for me. I "upgraded" to a Glock 30, which I also love. I'll probably have this forever and plan to add an XD soon.
    If you love the G30 why would you move to the XD platform? There are plenty of G models out there to satisfy a new craving. If it aint broke don't fix it.

I agree, he might as well just totally leave the polymer platform all together. All of these pistol are fantastic, but pretty similar.

If it's a trigger or safety issue I think he might like an H&K pistol.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Give this a read. I'm not saying I agree with it, just read it and decide for yourself.

Steyr Pistols unsafe.. (SUPER LONG) - TheFiringLine Forums

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post

It doesn't really fit my hand too well and the trigger pull is really tough. Massachusetts has VERY STRICT gun laws and all guns must be "Mass Compliant" to be sold from a dealer, which includes a minimum 10lb trigger pull and magazines can't exceed 10 rounds. I probably could have the trigger adjusted but the guns that are available to you guys are a lot different than what we can get up here at the dealers.

Hint of troll? Explain please.

-Chris

Oh and Springfield Armory isn't approved by Massachusetts either. The only way I could pick one up is through a private sale if someone has one in my state. We can't buy guns from out of state either......which is why this state BLOWS!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links