S&W 627 357mag is it worth the money over the 686? - Page 2

S&W 627 357mag is it worth the money over the 686?

This is a discussion on S&W 627 357mag is it worth the money over the 686? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is why I have a Colt Python in 6 Inch Barrel Length for CCW in my shoulder holster with 3 Dade Speed Loaders stoked ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: S&W 627 357mag is it worth the money over the 686?

Distinguished Member
    This is why I have a Colt Python in 6 Inch Barrel Length for CCW in my shoulder holster with 3 Dade Speed Loaders stoked with Remington 125 GR Golden Saber Bullets. Got Speed Loaders, if they are Not Dade Speed Loaders then you have to do the push and then twist to get them into the gun. Me, I just have to push into the cylinder and close and fire! Yes the movie "Magnum Force" bought a lot of guns and those of us who could find Dade Screw Machine Products got the reloaders way before the other folks made them.
    If only LIFE could be a little more tender and ART a little more robust. Alan Rickman
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

627 is the way to go

I went to my LGS to purchase 4" S&W 686+, before the shop owner showed me the 627 5" performance center revolver. The 627 is a very sweet gun but costs about 50% more than a 686+. I decided to go for it on March 3rd. After purchasing the gun I decided to buy 500 share of SWHC Smith & Wesson Holding Corp which is up ~16% since I purchased the gun so I basically got the gun for free and still own 500 shares of SWHC,

The Walking Thread
    PEF likes this.
    When the zombies come I'll carry carry my Colt .357 on an old Sam Browne belt like Rick Grimes Loaded with Black Talons!

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    The 627 will shoot heavy hot loads for its life and make for a better long term handgun. The mid size frame revolvers can be shot loose with 357 mag loads so do more practice with lite loads or 38's. The 686 will carry better for sure.
    Ive put 1000s of 357 magnum loads through my j-frame 357 magnum (60-15), including some hot ones. Ive had the gun for about 9 years, Mechanically it works fine, and the cylinder is tight, no play. The gun isn't as shiny as it was brand new, but that's because its been used a lot.

. I like my GP100

I've got no use for a 357, so, if I'm going to go with an N frame revolver, it's gonna start with a 4.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight"
    -Jeff Cooper

Senior Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    I took my 686 to the range yesterday it runs out of ammo in a hurry LOL, been firing only autos for a long time, to the OP, the 686 is a solid gun..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links