CZ 75 CompactTtwo Tone

This is a discussion on CZ 75 CompactTtwo Tone within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My new CZ-75 Compact Two-Tone 9mm. I could NOT resist this pistol; the workmanship is top notch and she shoots like a dream. Nicer than ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: CZ 75 CompactTtwo Tone

CZ 75 CompactTtwo Tone

My new CZ-75 Compact Two-Tone 9mm. I could NOT resist this pistol; the workmanship is top notch and she shoots like a dream. Nicer than the Sig 226 or 229 I had and she just has the right "feel"... for me anyway. Satin nickle and blued finish...this gun is about 9 or 10 ounces heavier than my normal EDC (Glock 36) but she joins the stable nontheless. I need some nice thin wood or aluminum or kevlar grips to dress it up for fancy occasions...anybody got any input on some?
    046.jpg

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Very very nice. I've been on the hunt for a CZ for months. I have yet to find a gun store in the Orlando area that has any in stock.

Senior Moderator
    The CZ is an exellent gun.Congrats!

You could talk to the "Sarge45" about it, he makes some of the coolest grips on the planet.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Congrat's on the CZ. My wife shoots a 75C in all Satin finish.

Check out this sight. All of my CZ's (5) sport his grips.

Marschalgrips.com
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

GoBigOrange- Take a look at a CZ 75B in polished SS, very nice pistol. Also I've found that it's cheaper to buy from dealers and private sellers on Gun Broker.com. If you buy from out of state you don't pay state taxes, plus they seem to have just about anything available.
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    The CZ 75B is one of my favorite 9mm handguns. That one is just pretty, too.

Enjoy it's!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

CZ's are ridiculously accurate. Congrats, she's a beauty.

Why do you all suppose CZ's are not more plentiful/popular (Read: "sold as heavily in gun stores") here in the U.S. than they are? I can go to about any gun store in town and find a Glock 19 or Smith J-Frame today and I bet not one will have this two-tone CZ in inventory.
    TommyGun4169 likes this.

Congrats. Looks nice. I've been tempted to try one of those.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by druryj View Post
    Why do you all suppose CZ's are not more plentiful/popular (Read: "sold as heavily in gun stores") here in the U.S. than they are? I can go to about any gun store in town and find a Glock 19 or Smith J-Frame today and I bet not one will have this two-tone CZ in inventory.
    CZ didn't exist as a private company until the fall of the eastern bloc countries. Then it didn't market itself in the US until around 1997 when they created CZ-USA. They also don't have any big western manufacturer contracts for police/military like Glock and Sig do mostly because they came so late in the game that Glock, Sig, Beretta had already made their contractual mark with the governments. While CZ makes guns for damn near every miltary/police force in the old eastern bloc, they haven't managed to penetrate very deeply into the western forces.

Perhaps if CZ cane penetrate the coveted contracts of the military and police, then you will see more in stores. Or if they can up their marketing campaigns here in the US. I am sure that old blood and bias against countries like Czech Republic isn't helping them either. They have an uphill battle, but I think more and more people are slowly being turned to CZ, but it unless they really step up their marketing, it will be a long time before they start taking a lot of shelf space on most gun stores.

With that said though, there are 2 places here where I live that have dedicated a fair amount of shelf space to CZ.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by druryj View Post
    Good question. I sold mine because I wanted to get a .45 acp, I continually regret that decision. CZ's are known to work, work and work. And the way they feel in your hand is amazing. Again, my most accurate pistol ever. Was doing double taps at the "man with hostage" targets and never "killed" the hostage before I sold it.

My M&P and I have "killed" a few hostages trying that maneuver.
    TommyGun4169 likes this.

Congratulations....
    CZ makes Great weapons.. My Favorite CZ, of my 5, is my CZ 75 PCR
    02PSD4ME

I am currently debating between the full size CZ75 and the Beretta 92fs. Cheaper than dirt has the two tone full size or compact CZ75 for about $483 delivered to my FFL. While I admit that I am leaning toward the Beretta the price on the CZ might tempt me. I live in BFE so it's pretty much impossible to find a place where I can really compare the two side by side and firing them is totaly impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    I am currently debating between the full size CZ75 and the Beretta 92fs. Cheaper than dirt has the two tone full size or compact CZ75 for about $483 delivered to my FFL. While I admit that I am leaning toward the Beretta the price on the CZ might tempt me. I live in BFE so it's pretty much impossible to find a place where I can really compare the two side by side and firing them is totaly impossible.
    For carry you will find the CZ much easier to conceal. It points better and has better accuracy IMO. $483 is a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    The CZ 75B is one of my favorite 9mm handguns.
    I really fell for the B, myself.
    Gen 1 G17, Gen 3 G23, Gen 4 G26, 870P, MkIII 678, 10/22 Carbine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links