I'm finally convinced - Glocks are the safest guns on the market. - Page 10

I'm finally convinced - Glocks are the safest guns on the market.

This is a discussion on I'm finally convinced - Glocks are the safest guns on the market. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; He makes me feel REALLY smart. Makes me uncomfortable and sad at the same time. His attitude about carrying is all wrong "I won't be ...

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: I'm finally convinced - Glocks are the safest guns on the market.

RKM
    He makes me feel REALLY smart. Makes me uncomfortable and sad at the same time. His attitude about carrying is all wrong "I won't be the one running"... please. Sounds like he's just itching to shoot somebody. Waiting for a chance to almost drop his gun while drawing and then do a wild wild west spin flip move to intimidate the (possibly) BG.

There are guys on YouTube, who IMO are actually knowledgeable and have a good head on their shoulders. But it's sad that guys like this, and there are plenty, feel the need to get on and post a bunch of horrible videos and share their "knowledge". Sad to think some people getting into carry will take this guy seriously, thinking he is the real deal.

This guy seriously makes me sad, especially when I see comments that are genuinely trying to help him, and he snaps back with a ridiculous response

I think this guy is destined for the 10 PM TV news.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by headhunter53 View Post
    As a CCH Instructor I have to look hard to find videos like this to show my students. This one is perfect, he would never get my signature, this shows so much to discuss with students as to what not to do. Everything in this video is classic and I can only assume he was lucky not to have a round chambered. Thanks so much for helping me do my job, of not only telling people what to do, but also what not to do. I just joined defensive carry and found this video right away. I hope I find more of this stuff, helps me do my job and make me a better instructor. Now I feel sorry for the people that come within range of this guy, but I am sure he will get rewarded the first time he shows his badge to a LEO.
    He has a whole series of videos like this. Just click "Show All" and scroll through his channel. He has a 9 or 10 part series on "Concealment Glock 21SF and Home Invasion". You probably should also use a video downloader and capture some of his vids as I suspect some may be coming down once he is embarrassed enough.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Distinguished Member
    This guy really is the poster child for mandatory training, not just safety but use of force law as well.

It's one thing to make mistakes and maybe not know better, but when people out their are seriously trying to help, educate and make him safe and he just dismisses them because of his "experience" that's really disturbing.
    smolck likes this.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    This guy really is the poster child for mandatory training, not just safety but use of force law as well.

It's one thing to make mistakes and maybe not know better, but when people out their are seriously trying to help, educate and make him safe and he just dismisses them because of his "experience" that's really disturbing.
    I think this guy would do well to read "In the gravest extreme" or other books on judicious use of force. No doubt in an incident in the real world he will play "hero" and wind up getting himself or others killed. Just goes to show that just because you CAN carry, doesn't mean you SHOULD carry.

I never knew Kenny Powers had a brother. I was rolling when he did his one handed quick draw with a hand full of shirt.
    "Life is tough; it's tougher when you're stupid."

Quote Originally Posted by wscottp7 View Post
    I never knew Kenny Powers had a brother. I was rolling when he did his one handed quick draw with a hand full of shirt.
    I liked the quick draw where he almost lost his grip on the gun. (Actually, I think we may be talking about the same quick draw.)

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I'm banned from commenting on his channel. I didn't take the "you're an incompetent" approach, but instead tried to point out gently several of the many deficiencies that he's promoting and offer advice on how to correct them. I also countered his "I have a bunch of video's and you trolls don't so I'm evidently more knowledgable than you." tactic with "A professional keeps his anonymity and doesn't distribute video's of himself incorrectly handling weapons for other less knowledgeable CCP'ers to use as fact."

This dude's ego has gotten the better of him and like other posters have stated... You can't teach stupid, this guy is definitely that. Someone needs to point out that if he keeps banning knowledgeable gun owners all he'll have left is 13 year old Call Of Duty gamers to watch him shoot himself in the leg. Seem's to me like if you are bragging on how much you practice your draw stroke and then flub it up repeatably, numerous times by getting your shirt wrapped around the firearm's grip, maybe you should practice more or at least edit your deficiencies. God help him and his neighbors who I think will be needing material to patch ND's in their stucco.
    TN_Mike and bbqgrill like this.

twc
    I just wasted about 10 minutes disliking every video he has uploaded
    bbqgrill, lowercase and zacii like this.

It is rare that a true idiot makes themselves this obvious for the rest of us to see. I wouldn't be surprised to see this moron on the news at some point in the form of a mug shot for impersonating a police officer.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    It is rare that a true idiot makes themselves this obvious for the rest of us to see. I wouldn't be surprised to see this moron on the news at some point in the form of a mug shot for impersonating a police officer.
    I bet he won't broadcast that though!!
    bbqgrill likes this.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    I'm banned from commenting on his channel. I didn't take the "you're an incompetent" approach, but instead tried to point out gently several of the many deficiencies that he's promoting and offer advice on how to correct them. I also countered his "I have a bunch of video's and you trolls don't so I'm evidently more knowledgable than you." tactic with "A professional keeps his anonymity and doesn't distribute video's of himself incorrectly handling weapons for other less knowledgeable CCP'ers to use as fact."

This dude's ego has gotten the better of him and like other posters have stated... You can't teach stupid, this guy is definitely that. Someone needs to point out that if he keeps banning knowledgeable gun owners all he'll have left is 13 year old Call Of Duty gamers to watch him shoot himself in the leg. Seem's to me like if you are bragging on how much you practice your draw stroke and then flub it up repeatably, numerous times by getting your shirt wrapped around the firearm's grip, maybe you should practice more or at least edit your deficiencies. God help him and his neighbors who I think will be needing material to patch ND's in their stucco.
    We all got banned by mrslurpsupnut, you are in good company.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Yep. Banned me as well. My Youtube channel consists completely of my daughter playing in her high school band. I upload the videos and send a link to all the distant relatives so they can see them. he looked at my channel and told me my videos are all crap and that proves I don't know as much as he does about guns. Then he blocked me.

What a tool.
    bbqgrill likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I knew I didn't like Glocks for a reason.

It is because guys like this own them and make videos and put them on the internet.

Sorry Glock guys, but hey he is one of you all.

Now I gotta go watch some more of his videos. I need some good laughs.
    Civil_Response likes this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Apparently it's true............even the idiot squirrel gets an occasional nut!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Links