Ruger LCP Talo Gold Deluxe Edition Questions - Page 2

Ruger LCP Talo Gold Deluxe Edition Questions

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP Talo Gold Deluxe Edition Questions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by crf3973 I came across this Ruger LCP Talo Gold Deluxe Edition and have a few questions that I hope you can help ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Ruger LCP Talo Gold Deluxe Edition Questions

Quote Originally Posted by crf3973 View Post
    I came across this Ruger LCP Talo Gold Deluxe Edition and have a few questions that I hope you can help me with. Information on other forums is scarce as only 1500 of these were made and they ceased production in Dec 2010.

1.I came across some other threads online regarding this pistol. Some people were saying that Talo actually purchased 1500 Rugers and then modified them while others say that Ruger actually produced these with an agreement through Talo. From what you know, who actually produced these? Does this firearm still have the full Ruger warranty?

2.I have never owned a firearm with a nickel coated slide, are there any concerns about rust that I should have?

3. Is this special edition ruger as reliable as regular LCPs, and practical for daily carry (mostly summer) ?

Thanks for your time!

crf3973 - how much did you pay for you LCP talo gold edition? looks really good. i like the extra bling.

I had an lcp: I found them jumpy and an extensive trigger pulls (8lbs). What you have to tell yourself is is it worth the extra money for the show. you heard it on here and other places when you do that to a gun it kind of takes the purpose out of it and makes it hard to carry because you are always worried about something happening to it. Museums are full of guns like that; that never get used

You only go through life once, get what you like....I like to have one of those also...where can they be had and price?.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

I saw one of those at a gun store and thought it was beautiful. I just didn't want to pay the extra premium for it. I did, however, pay just a leetle bit more to get the AZ 100th anniversary edition. As far as I'm concerned, bling on a gun is no different than on a motorcycle or car. It's purely a matter of taste. And I happen to have very good taste So long as it doesn't compromise the function of the firearm, who cares?

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Thanks for the laugh. I have an LCP and like it, but the whole purpose of the design is so that it will NOT be seen. You should be the only one who sees it, if you want a fancy slide on a plastic gun, go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    so we like 'em...but I wouldn't pay extra for bling. JMHO.
    Just bought one for my wife. The bling only cost an extra 60 bucks. It's worth it because my wife likes it.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    Just bought one for my wife. The bling only cost an extra 60 bucks. It's worth it because my wife likes it.
    Well, there ya go. Better to spend extra cash with a gun dealer than a jeweler, and you still win!
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    I have no use for window dressed handguns ether. Thats like throwing money out the window. Yep made buy ruger for talo to there spec. Nothing special . But a person can spend there money as they see fit. Lube it up good an shoot away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links