Ruger LCP Talo Gold Deluxe Edition Questions

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP Talo Gold Deluxe Edition Questions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I came across this Ruger LCP Talo Gold Deluxe Edition and have a few questions that I hope you can help me with. Information on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Ruger LCP Talo Gold Deluxe Edition Questions

I came across this Ruger LCP Talo Gold Deluxe Edition and have a few questions that I hope you can help me with. Information on other forums is scarce as only 1500 of these were made and they ceased production in Dec 2010.

1.I came across some other threads online regarding this pistol. Some people were saying that Talo actually purchased 1500 Rugers and then modified them while others say that Ruger actually produced these with an agreement through Talo. From what you know, who actually produced these? Does this firearm still have the full Ruger warranty?

2.I have never owned a firearm with a nickel coated slide, are there any concerns about rust that I should have?

3. Is this special edition ruger as reliable as regular LCPs, and practical for daily carry (mostly summer) ?

Thanks for your time!

Last edited by crf3973; November 26th, 2011 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Spelling, better picture

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Wow, someone polished a turd.

I just got an email back from Talo stating that these were factory produced, and have a 100% Ruger warranty.

Does anyone else have info on my other questions of slide durability and reliability/carryibility? Hopefully more helpful than thunder71's needless response.
    pittypat21 likes this.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I think the amount of responses speak for themselves, and my response was more of wonderment and it took a bit to set in before I could think of anything more to say. I've never seen a turd polished so nicely. The LCP (to me) isn't a show piece, it's a last ditch deep concealment weapon.

It's nothing more than a decorated LCP, read LCP reviews and you'll have your answer, not really sure what else you need to know.

I had an LCP, after it came back from Ruger from having multiple failures it was reliable as anything but I still hated the gun for whatever reason. Wasn't worth it to me to carry a .380, although sometimes I miss having such a small gun for those times when nothing else would work.

Keep it clean and oiled and it should serve you well, if not - send it in to Ruger and they'll take care of you.

Would be a great pimp gun if you could somehow put some pearl grips on it!

PS
    It's the Internet, no need to get offended from responses you don't like - You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and then you have the facts of life...

I'll apologize however, if this is a gun you're interested in and like the look I meant no offense about the gun itself. I've just never seen so much work put into a relatively inexpensive carry piece, thus the 'polishing a turd' comment. It's very unique and should be a good weapon for you. Just reminds me of some nice wheels on a Ford Pinto is all.

I do dig the emblem work, would love to see an all black one with that on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    I think the amount of responses speak for themselves, and my response was more of wonderment and it took a bit to set in before I could think of anything more to say. I've never seen a turd polished so nicely. The LCP (to me) isn't a show piece, it's a last ditch deep concealment weapon.

It's nothing more than a decorated LCP, read LCP reviews and you'll have your answer, not really sure what else you need to know.

I had an LCP, after it came back from Ruger from having multiple failures it was reliable as anything but I still hated the gun for whatever reason. Wasn't worth it to me to carry a .380, although sometimes I miss having such a small gun for those times when nothing else would work.

Keep it clean and oiled and it should serve you well, if not - send it in to Ruger and they'll take care of you.

Would be a great pimp gun if you could somehow put some pearl grips on it!

PS
    It's the Internet, no need to get offended from responses you don't like - You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and then you have the facts of life...
    Definitely not offended. Your first post simply didn't contribute anything helpful to the thread.

I appreciate your second response greatly! Thank you!

We have three LCPs in our family, so we like 'em...but I wouldn't pay extra for bling. JMHO.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

We have 3 in or family as well. They have all proven reliable and easy to carry. My wife carries a raspberry framed version that was given to dealers as a bonus piece if they ordered a minimum number of guns. Its ugly but shoots and carries the same as the other two obviously. The talo version looks ugly to me as well but should be just as reliable as any other. I wouldn't pay extra for it but would buy it for a discount if it were cheaper.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jbabbler; November 27th, 2011 at 02:44 PM.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    It's odd that anyone would do those kind of modifications to that type of gun, a Walther PPK engraved... I can see that, but a Ruger? I wouldn't pay extra, but hell I see crappy rice burner's being held together with Bondo riding on expensive rims daily. Not that the LCP is a piece of junk, but it's a working gun, not a piece of art.

Administrator
    1- Ruger made 'em.

2- Nope, nothing to worry about.

3- The TALO feature are purely cosmetic.
    "Just blame Sixto"

It's my understanding that nickle finishes on firearms are not as durable as hard chrome or obviously polished stainless.

I had a friend who had a nickle plated Colt Dick Special and he was telling me about the nickle finish. It will wear okay if you take care of it.

Other than that, I don't know much about metal finishes so take it for what it's worth.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I appreciate all the helpful comments I received to this thread. While some may think it is ugly, I think it looks awesome and is unique. The only other carry gun I have is a G26. Its nice to make a purchase for a second firearm that is perfect size for those times I just feel like wearing sweat pants and don't want to grab the smart carry, and also looks good too!

I'm not big on frilly engraved guns because I think it's real easy to go overboard with too much engraving to the point they often look gaudy. But, I do think that LCP looks nice. I particularly like the way they did the Ruger logo on the slide.
    crf3973 likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

A Barbecue LCP! If I owned one like it, I'd hate to cover it up! The main reason I've never owned an LCP is that they've not offered it with a hardchrome finish on the slide, like I have on my P3ATs, and I only carry these kinds of guns "deep," and for me, "deep" means "sweaty," and my sweat will rust titanium. I may have to have one of these, and a gold front tooth!

Jbabbler : Raspberry LCP, UGLY !! I can't phantom how anyone would think that ! There's only one nicer, HOT PINK, very sexey.
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    For some reason, even though I'm an LCP fan, this one doesn't reach me.

Although I do have amorous feelings toward the Black Rose Edition PM9

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links