Cz 2075 Rami

Cz 2075 Rami

This is a discussion on Cz 2075 Rami within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any one know anything about this little sub-compact. Saw it on Cz's website, and it looks perfect for my fiance' to carry (whenever Texas DPS ...

Thread: Cz 2075 Rami

Cz 2075 Rami

Any one know anything about this little sub-compact. Saw it on Cz's website, and it looks perfect for my fiance' to carry (whenever Texas DPS decides to run their office more efficiently). Its been two months already, and when she's called they said they are atleast a month behind. AHHHH! But enough of that small rant. Does anyone own this little beauty. It looks really cool, and she loves 9mm's with SA/DA triggers. Any comments, stories, etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at...

I have the RAMI in .40 and love it. Very easy to carry concealed but a bit heavy compared to some other guns. The extra weight helps with felt recoil and in the 9mm should be a big help. Easy to shoot, easy to carry and easy to clean. You could do a lot worse than the RAMI.
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

I, too, have been searching around for RAMI info. No one in the Wichita area seems to carry them, and I don't feel like driving to a KC gunshop to check one out. :( I've been debating between a RAMI and a Sig P239 for my next purchase...looks like it'll be a Sig!

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    have the 239 in .40.....
    You'll like it....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    I used to have the 9mm RAMI. I never had a problem with it, but sold it to get something I really wanted.

I'm not sure if this is still the case, or if it even makes any difference to you, but I don't think that anyone makes any night sights for it.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Got the RAMI in the new polymer variant in 9mm as well as my other new baby of the CZ75 SP-01.

The polymer variant seems to my perception to absorb a little more of the recoil than the all metal. Could be me, I make no claims of infallibility....8-)

The 10 round mag whilst it seems it may lead to "pinkie waggle" hasn't been a problem as the grip geometry allows the pinkie to rest comfortably (for me) under the mag base.

The 14 round mag with the extended grip takes care of that if you want it.

I did try the 40 cal, all steel and it's a much hotter pistol to control. I will also admit to an ingrained preference for 9mm being ex British Army.

The trigger action DA does start out a little creepy and is quite strong but the SA breaks for me at approx 4 pounds and is very comfortable.

The "night sights" aren't, they are the phosporescent type that need light to effectively charge and are not a patch on the tritiums that come with the SP-01. I have simply painted over with highly reflective white nail polish, does the trick for me. Other folks suggest a green front and red back combo, suck it and see, all you'll be out is a couple of bucks (and a couple of strange looks.....)

The main issue is that you really need to push a couple of hundred rounds down to break in, smooth the trigger action etc. The biggest problem I came across was that slide release is VERY stiff at the beginning and a initially I had to use weak hand to release as opposed to strong hand thumb. Smooths out, but be aware.

All said this is a very forgiving weapon to me, after a little run in, having said that to date no Failure To Eject, no Failure to Feed and no Failure to Fire, circa 350 rounds down range.

Damn fine weapon.......maybe look at the P-01, slightly larger but high quality.
    As one of my old sergeants used to say. "WE do not play at spray and play.......Do we.... Sir....."

Remember children, when we have removed the pin from Mr Grenade, Mr Grenade is no longer our friend......

I own a RAMI in .40 and carry it often.
    02PSD4ME

I had a RAMI in 9mm and had a DC holster made for it by Eric of HBE. It was a fine carry combo and I did for several months. That is, until my oldest daughter saw it and said, oh daddy pleeeeease! and my goose was cooked. While I had it, it worked flawlessly and, according to my daughter, it still is doing the same. Fine, small gun with high reliability and way too much bling factor.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

"Remember children, when we have removed the pin from Mr Grenade, Mr Grenade is no longer our friend......" I've gotta remember that one!

Ahhhhh Sergeant-Major's.....there's just something about the way they say'em.

I remember day 1 at Sandhurst (Westpoint equiv) and the Academy Sergeant Major's intro to us.

"Good morning gentlemen....whilst you are here, I shall call you sir, you shall call me sir but we know who really means it....don't we"
    As one of my old sergeants used to say. "WE do not play at spray and play.......Do we.... Sir....."

Remember children, when we have removed the pin from Mr Grenade, Mr Grenade is no longer our friend......

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Fantastic little gun. My fave in 9mm..

Plenty RAMI pics here:
    http://www.angelfire.com/amiga2/czid/RAMI.html

Rami

I just recently got my Rami in 9mm. I have had it on the range for about 150rds and so far I really like it. Night sights are available, but I don't know where they come form exactly. Nice little gun, albeit a little heavy.

I have a CZPO1 and as soon as I can I will get the Rami in 40 cal. I cant find another gun which fits my hand and go to point as good as the PO1. They are service weapons but shoot like a much tighter tolerance gun. John B

Sponsored Links