New Glock 23C

This is a discussion on New Glock 23C within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just picked up a brand new Glock 23C (3rd Gen) last week . I was just wanting the G23, but he had this one in ...

Thread: New Glock 23C

New Glock 23C

Just picked up a brand new Glock 23C (3rd Gen) last week . I was just wanting the G23, but he had this one in stock instead. I have no issues with compensated guns, plus I bought it for $520.00 (Out The Door)..............I'm pretty happy with that !!! Any other Glock 23C owners out there?? This is the very first .40cal handgun I have ever owned. All my other handguns are 9mm or .45acp............

2. Remove Ads

Is the 23C full size or compact? I'm in the market for a Glock 40 compact...

Oh....first post by the way too! ha ha ha!!!

GM
    Congrats on the new Glock! Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by sethjamto View Post

Welcome to the forum!

The G-23 is a compact pistol. "C" stands for "compensator"
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Compensated G23

I have a Glock 23 that originally came with a "hybrid compensator". This was done by a company named Aro-tek, and consists of 3 holes drilled in the top of the slide, together with corresponding holes drilled in the top of the barrel. As the gun fires, some of the hot gas is directed upwards, exerting a downward force on the barrel of the gun and countering muzzle flip. I fired it several times in this condition when I got the gun, and it did have a noticeable effect. But sometimes I would feel a particle of hot powder falling back on my hands, which was not pleasant. And cleaning the gun was a lot of trouble, as black residue would collect around the holes and on the front sight.

So I decided to eliminate the compensation by buying a new Glock 23 barrel and using that instead of the original barrel. The gun has worked perfectly for 10 years since I got the new barrel, and it has become a favorite gun. The slide was hard chromed at the same time the compensation was done by Aro-tek.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

That is really sweet looking !! That is a good idea, switching out the barrel in case you do not like the ported barrel......

Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

I have a Gen 4 G23 and LOVE IT! Congrats on the Purchase!!! Welcome to the "Dark Side"

I have had a G23C for about 20yrs.....
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Never had a C model but my 23 has been flawless for 12 years with over 10K rounds.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Mid-size,and welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by sethjamto View Post

I've owned a G23 for about 7 years now. Took me a little while to adapt to it. But now it's one of my favorite handguns.

I really like the size to capacity that the compact Glocks offer. I'm sure you will be very happy with this purchase.
    "Get rid of that chrome plated sissy pistol and get yourself a GLOCK"

Links