Kahr CM9 Trigger?

Kahr CM9 Trigger?

This is a discussion on Kahr CM9 Trigger? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; At my LGS I was curious about the CM9 and was told that, since I didn't like the trigger on the LC9, which I traded, ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Civil_Response
  • 1 Post By IndyCCW
  • 1 Post By Devilsclaw
  • 1 Post By archer51
  • 1 Post By ncpeter
  • 2 Post By hardluk1

Thread: Kahr CM9 Trigger?

Kahr CM9 Trigger?

At my LGS I was curious about the CM9 and was told that, since I didn't like the trigger on the LC9, which I traded, I wouldn't like the trigger on the Kahr. Any response to this? Are the two triggers that similar? Thanks, folks.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    No, the Kahr trigger is very nice. I have 2 of them and find them the best DA trigger I have tried.

The Kahr trigger dominates the LC9 trigger in my opinion. I was going to buy the LC9, but the trigger breaks too far back against the frame for me. The CM9 has a great trigger though, very smooth. Here's a review if you're interested.
    Philly Boy likes this.

what he was probably referring to was the "DA style" of trigger pull. Yes, the Kahr is much smoother, but both are DA style, as compared to SA. I find the Glock and XD trigger to feel more like a DA/SA pistol, in the SA mode. (long light takeup, then you feel the 2nd stage, from which fairly light pressure to fire) Best way I can describe it is that of a hand staple gun--compared to a pneumatic nail gun. I'm guessing that's what the guy at the gunstore meant.
    Philly Boy likes this.

VIP Member
    Haven't played with the CM9, but my wife has the CW9. Had bought her the LC9 first. IMO there is no comparison between the 2 triggers. The Kahr trigger is much smoother, as well as shorter trigger pull than the LC9.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I have never shot a lc9, but i love my cm9 trigger
    Philly Boy likes this.

I have 3 Kahr pistols. The triggers on all 3 are butter smooth and consistent. I own several other dao guns and none can compare to the Kahrs when it comes to the trigger.

Huh..... I'd walk away, wait, run away from that sales guy cause he don't have a clue what the heck he's talking about.... The Elite trigger system on the Kahrs is among the best DAO triggers out there; if not the best. Anyone who says otherwise, IMO hasn't tried one. LC9 has a equally good trigger as the Kahr Now that's a good one.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

The two platforms couldn't be more different if one used rubber bands. The LC9 is a hammer fired DAO while the Kahr uses a pivoting cocking cam that simply rotates as the trigger is squeezed and pulls back the striker. The LC9's trigger is more like a Keltec PF9 and is very stiff compared to the smooth trigger on the Kahr line. Neither has a 2nd strike capability so I guess that makes them similar in one regard.

jbabbler: please explain... " neither has a second strike capability.." Thanks.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Can't pull the trigger twice on the same round, have to rack the slide to chamber a new one if it fails to fire the first time.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Bad habit to rely on, needing a second strike that is. I don't remember last time I had a centerfire in anything ever not go bang at random. You ether have all hard primers ifor a firearm or none. .Kahr has a nice smooth no stck 6lb trigger Only thing better is a single action..

Links