Glock 17 sights for Carry and Competition?

This is a discussion on Glock 17 sights for Carry and Competition? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm just about to order a new 4th gen Glock 17. I'd like to get into some local shooting competitions with the Glock and I'm ...

Thread: Glock 17 sights for Carry and Competition?

Sponsor

Glock 17 sights for Carry and Competition?

I'm just about to order a new 4th gen Glock 17.

I'd like to get into some local shooting competitions with the Glock and I'm wondering what sights you would suggest that can be used for both competition and carry.

Maybe I'm putting to much emphasis on the competition side (As it will be just for fun) and should just go with quality tritium sights.

What do you think? any sights that specifically stand out to you?

Thanks,
    Clay

2. Remove Ads

Depends on the type of competition.

If you're shooting precision games (bullseye type), then adjustable sights are probably best.

If you're shooting IDPA/USPSA/IPSC type action games, fixed (standard) sights are plenty good. Rarely will you need the extra inch of precision adjustable sights will afford you for this type of competition.

I'd "run what ya brung" until you see a specific need to change your sights, and at that point, see what the other Glock shooters are using. From what I've seen at the games at my range, by the time you need fancy sights most shooters are into full-bore race guns.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Depends on the type of competition.

If you're shooting precision games (bullseye type), then adjustable sights are probably best.

If you're shooting IDPA/USPSA/IPSC type action games, fixed (standard) sights are plenty good. Rarely will you need the extra inch of precision adjustable sights will afford you for this type of competition.

I'd "run what ya brung" until you see a specific need to change your sights, and at that point, see what the other Glock shooters are using. From what I've seen at the games at my range, by the time you need fancy sights most shooters are into full-bore race guns.
    Cool, thanks for the feedback. I was thinking IDPA type competitions. I'll probably just stick with the Glock night sights in this case.

-Clay

Links