Yet another reason I love my wife. (Yes, you will be jealous)

This is a discussion on Yet another reason I love my wife. (Yes, you will be jealous) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife and I have been toying with the idea of switching to 9mm for carry. Several reasons play into this such as, more capacity, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Yet another reason I love my wife. (Yes, you will be jealous)

My wife and I have been toying with the idea of switching to 9mm for carry. Several reasons play into this such as, more capacity, faster follow up shot, lower recoil, cheaper ammo and others. After reading the Rob Pincus article recently about why he has switched to 9mm and now recommends it for carry (basically, the technology in the design of modern ammo has made it such that the wounding properties of 9mm and 40 are for all intents and purposes identical) she suggested that we go a head and start switching.

Now, she carries an XD .40 sub compact every day. She is a very good shot with it and she loves that gun. I carry a Kahr CW9 more than anything now but also in the rotation is a Glock 23 and an XD .40 service model. So I said that we should go a head and trade her XD .40 SC in on an XD 9SC real soon and then we'd start swapping the G23 and my XD for 9mm versions of themselves or something else after that.

(Here's the part where you will be jealous) She called me crazy. She then told me very sternly that we were not going to sell or trade any of the .40 cal guns in at all. We would simply start saving to buy 9mm versions of them. And then she said, and I quote "Why would we want to sell a gun? That's just silly."

Yes, sorry guys, I have the perfect wife.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

She's smart. You may change your mind. Better to have both incase you can't make up your mind :)

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    That is pretty awesome!
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

I work with a guy whose wife encourages him to trade motorcycles every year. And this with an inventory of 3 nice bikes.
    Mine on the other hand does not understand why I want a street bike and a dirt bike " you only have one butt " and she compares
    my wanting a new gun to her wanting a new house. I do on occasion get what I want she just makes the process unpleasant.

Does she have a sister?
    Rock and Glock likes this.

you make my wanna puke..
    Rock and Glock, NY27 and TN_Mike like this.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Yup, she's a keeper.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Sure Mike, go ahead and rub it in!!!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Lucky man. Smart woman. Never trade off unless abslutely necessary (financial reasons etc...). Also, it is good to have handguns in different calibers. While 9mm is very readily available, .40 is also very common.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Smart Lady, and you're a lucky guy. I've sold 4 guns recently, and have sellers remorse for 3 of them. If you never sell them, you have nothing to regret.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

She makes sense!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Sounds like a wonderful woman.

I told hubby I want an Italian gun and was thinking of a Beretta 92. He said "sure, trade in your XD, we don't need so many". I said "no way, no trade". He affectionaltely thinks I'm a gun nut. OP, she's a great wife and you are a great hubby - I see a wonderful partnership there.
    Carpe Diem
    "Winter Is Coming"

That is what I am thinking. I love the 40 S&W but what about the 380? If you carry your logic further then the 380 for personal defense would be ever better with lower recoil. My BUG is the P238.

Quote Originally Posted by raytracer View Post
    Does she have a sister?
    Two of them as a matter of fact. But, the older one is married and crazy and the younger one is quiet the hippy. I wouldn't say she's anti-gun, but she sure isn't pro-gun either. I got only one of the three sisters that is rational.

Quote Originally Posted by DAO.Diva View Post
    I told hubby I want an Italian gun and was thinking of a Beretta 92. He said "sure, trade in your XD, we don't need so many". I said "no way, no trade". He affectionaltely thinks I'm a gun nut. OP, she's a great wife and you are a great hubby - I see a wonderful partnership there.
    It's worked perfectly for 23 years and through 5 kids so I think we are a perfect match.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links