Kahr CM9 and CW9 trigger reviews needed - Page 2

Kahr CM9 and CW9 trigger reviews needed

This is a discussion on Kahr CM9 and CW9 trigger reviews needed within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; IMO, Kahr has the best DAO trigger out there, it's long and deliberate, but smooth as silk. By the end of your first range session ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Kahr CM9 and CW9 trigger reviews needed

IMO, Kahr has the best DAO trigger out there, it's long and deliberate, but smooth as silk. By the end of your first range session you will most likely agree. I will also state that like some other pistol makes and models out there; once you get one, you will want another. I have a couple of the polymer Kahrs and a couple steel one's. IMO, the steel ones are the better shooters between the two, but for carry, you can't beat the polymer Kahrs. If I had to select one brand of pistol to carry and one only, it would be made by Kahr, and I came to that conclusion after I picked up my first all steel version Kahr K9 a little over a month ago. My K9 and my used E9 were immediately moved to the front of the rotation after their first range trip. They're a tad on the heavy side, but I have found that it's really no big deal as I don't try to pocket carry either of um, that role is allocated to one of my J frames.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I use the same grip on my CM9 that I use on the Glock 26 with regular mags. I've learned to just kinda wrap my pinky under the butt of the pistol. I do use the 12 round factory Glock mags, but do not require them to shoot it well. I know a lot of folks are not comfortable with a dangling pinky finger, but it really has no effect on how well you shoot the gun. A two finger grip works just fine and takes little practice to master.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    I use the same grip on my CM9 that I use on the Glock 26 with regular mags. I've learned to just kinda wrap my pinky under the butt of the pistol. I do use the 12 round factory Glock mags, but do not require them to shoot it well. I know a lot of folks are not comfortable with a dangling pinky finger, but it really has no effect on how well you shoot the gun. A two finger grip works just fine and takes little practice to master.
    Thanks for those pics. And that is the grip I use on my M&P9C as I prefer the flush fit mag with it and is very comparable to your 26. But the Kahr has a different feel that felt less solid than my M&P or the Glock. Just wondering if those who have fired them think they are good.

It is like a revolver trigger, but since I'm very accustomed to revolvers that's no issue. It does slow down rapid fire and would prefer a shorter pull distance on them. I also don't like the little 'hump' or 'bend up' in the trigger guard (CW9).... I tend to put my finger toward the end of the trigger and my finger hits that bump as I'm pulling the trigger and throws off my trigger pull. Who put that stupid thing there anyway ... there is no real purpose for it in the design.

But, the gun shoots consistently and accurately... so I adjusted my trigger pull for that gun (ugh).
    The nickel plating in the bullet chamber came off quickly on 2 barrels, and it now ... after a lot of time, hassle, and debate with Kahr now has a 3rd barrel in it. After that experience, it will be the only Kahr I will ever have.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    It is like a revolver trigger, but since I'm very accustomed to revolvers that's no issue. It does slow down rapid fire and would prefer a shorter pull distance on them. I also don't like the little 'hump' or 'bend up' in the trigger guard (CW9).... I tend to put my finger toward the end of the trigger and my finger hits that bump as I'm pulling the trigger and throws off my trigger pull. Who put that stupid thing there anyway ... there is no real purpose for it in the design.

But, the gun shoots consistently and accurately... so I adjusted my trigger pull for that gun (ugh).
    The nickel plating in the bullet chamber came off quickly on 2 barrels, and it now ... after a lot of time, hassle, and debate with Kahr now has a 3rd barrel in it. After that experience, it will be the only Kahr I will ever have.
    Hmm. Interesting. I suppose it is way to much to hope their is a trigger kit for the Kahr like the Apex kit for the M&P?

jyo
    At this time, I have three of the Kahr pistols---two CW9s (one for me, one for wife) and a all-black P45. Yeah, the trigger takes a little while to be come accustomed to, but VERY smooth and light---both the wife and myself have no trouble with these pistols---reliable, accurate, shoot to point of aim etc. The P45 is all that just a lot more---this little dawg kicks---but what do you expect from a very lightweight 45? My shooting buddy Jack just can't come to grips with the trigger system and hates them---his main pistol is a Glock 21 45 ACP and that's all he knows about---besides, he's old and grumpy!

Quote Originally Posted by eb View Post
    I had to put the Pearce pinky extensions on my MK9 mags, or they were too small for me.

The only complaint I have about the Kahrs, is they are the worst guns I own to disassemble/reassemble. Sometimes it goes smooth, sometimes I fight with the thing for a few minutes. This happens on both the MK9 and CW45. Maybe I'm a dummy or something, but I don't have this problem with any of the variety of other guns I have... After my most recent struggle trying to reassemble my CW45, I actually swore off the brand, lol. I like the ones I have, but I'm done.
    Yeah, my MK9 is a bit more complx to disassembe than other guns, but it is not a fit or quality issue. It just requires lining things up correctly and pressing the right buttons.

To disassemble, here are the steps I take:
    1. remove magazine and eject chambered round
    2. line up the takedown marker on the left slide of the frame with the marker on the left side of the slide (you can do this one handed with the right hand by placing the right thumb in the curve made by the frame and the rear strap and using your palm and fingers to pull back the slide)
    3. with your left index finger reach under and around the trigger guard and depress the slide release pin/take-down pin on the right side of the frame (you can do this by feel, very easy)
    4. remove the pin/slide release from the left side of the frame with your left hand
    5. release the slide with your right hand - it should return to its normal ready-to-fire position
    6. while pointing the muzzle in a safe direction press the trigger
    7. the slide can now be removed

To assemble:
    1. mate the slide to the frame so that the slide sits in its normal ready-to-fire position
    2. using the right-handed method above pull the slide back very slightly (I am talking 1 mm or so)
    3. insert the take-down pin into the frame as far as it can go (it should go 1/2 way in) using your left hand
    4. since you are already holding the gun with your right hand from step 2, line up the markers
    5. with your left hand you should now be able to push the pin all the way in and through the frame
    6. release the slide, it should return to its normal ready-to-fire position
    7. you're done

Hope this helps. It took me a while to figure out the correct sequence. The only thing that is different than other guns is that you have to press the trigger to disassemble it, and you need to insert the pin back in two steps. Once you do it a few times it should become second nature.

I have two Kahrs.

I have to echo what other said in that the triggers are smooth and predictable. With practice you can take up the slack and "preset" so to speak. I had my 16 year old shooting my CW9 tonight at 35 feet he got a 5" group. He does notmahootmanyway near as much as I do. But the trigger was not an issue and with young eyes he was shooting really well.

The trigger on my CW9 is the best on any gun right out of the box I have ever felt. Kahr really has a great trigger. Smooth, not gritty at all. No stacking. It feels the same all the way through the trigger stroke. About the only thing I could dig it on is that the reset is a little longer than I'd like but once you get used to it, it's nothing. And it only took about 25 to 35 rounds before I didn't notice it anymore. Now, I don't notice it at all.

I love my CW9 and carry it every day.
    zonker1986 and franco45 like this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links