looking at a Walther

This is a discussion on looking at a Walther within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking at a Walther PPQ and a gun dealer has it.Wants $500.00 for it,a year and a half old which the original owner ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking at a Walther

looking at a Walther

I am looking at a Walther PPQ and a gun dealer has it.Wants $500.00 for it,a year and a half old which the original owner took care of it very well.I have never owned a German made handgun yet in my life and this will be my first one.I have shot one last year and shoots very well,is my Uncle Marv's.He said it was worth the money and a reasonable price.It is a 9mm and not a .380.This gun dealer is holding on to it and hopefully purchase it tommorrow.This gun came out of a man's estate whom passed away 4 weeks ago and this gun dealer is selling it for the family of this deceased man.

2. Remove Ads

$500.00 is about right if it's in very good condition.
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

It is in good condition,no dings or scratches on it.

They have recently come down in price, NIB they were $485 in my area. I dont know if it was just a special sale or if the price will remain that way.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theheater905 View Post
    They have recently come down in price, NIB they were $485 in my area. I dont know if it was just a special sale or if the price will remain that way.
    You sure that is a PPQ? That is pretty low from what I have seen for a NIB PPQ
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

$530.00 at Bud's.

bosco

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    You sure that is a PPQ? That is pretty low from what I have seen for a NIB PPQ
    I have seen the same from jetguns and grabagun but they are not in stock now. There is similar pricing for the .40 and the Walther PPS in 9mm and .40 NIB

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg View Post
    I am looking at a Walther PPQ and a gun dealer has it.Wants $500.00 for it,a year and a half old which the original owner took care of it very well.I have never owned a German made handgun yet in my life and this will be my first one.I have shot one last year and shoots very well,is my Uncle Marv's.He said it was worth the money and a reasonable price.It is a 9mm and not a .380.This gun dealer is holding on to it and hopefully purchase it tommorrow.This gun came out of a man's estate whom passed away 4 weeks ago and this gun dealer is selling it for the family of this deceased man.
    I thought the PPQ had only been available for a month or two.

Jim

TJx
    $500 used is on the high end.

Walther Pricing

I've been looking at the PPQ lately. Be advised that Cheaper Than Dirt has them in stock for under $500 NIB.

Walther has dropped the prices on all their centerfire pistols. You should be able to get a new PPQ for around $500. Don't pay $500 for a used one. Not your fault the previous owner paid over $600.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I bought it and shoots fine,shot it in the firing range.The widow of this deceased man was there,she said it is a good gun taken care of very well.The widow did not get all the money,part of the money was taken out for a 10% seller's fee.I payed a small buyer's fee on top of purchase price plus sales tax.Fits in my pocket very well.

eb
    $500 used was a good deal a month ago. They go for that new now.

Anyway, I've been looking at these for a while now. I'll get one eventually...

Go new - then you got a warrantee

C Hawk it was definitely a PPQ. As a matter of fact both the PPS and PPQ were the same price, after looking at both I bought the PPS because of the size. Again I am not sure if it was a sale weekend or if the prices are still the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links