Pics P239 SAS/DAK

Pics P239 SAS/DAK

This is a discussion on Pics P239 SAS/DAK within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got a new to me Sig to replace the one I foolishly let get away. Never tried the DAK trigger before but dry firing it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics P239 SAS/DAK

Pics P239 SAS/DAK

Got a new to me Sig to replace the one I foolishly let get away. Never tried the DAK trigger before but dry firing it indicates it will be pretty nice. Will try it as a winter carry. Let me know what you think of it.

K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

Nice Sig! How much did it set you back?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I always found the 239 to be a very good looking handgun. She is melted nicely for CC. Enjoy.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Nice gun...

That is a very attractive gun, and I'm sure it will probably function perfectly. Congratulations on your acquisition.

I've had a Sig P239 in 9mm for several years, and it has become a favorite carry gun. Mine is DA/SA and has gone through over 1000 rounds without a hitch. I would recommend the Hogue aluminum grips for this gun, as they make for a very slim grip with good hand adhesion due to sharp checkering.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

GM
    Nice pistol! Congrats.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Puuuurfect! Luv it...one of the best cc guns on the planet.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Nice Sig! How much did it set you back?
    Thanks! Cost one arm and one leg!
    K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    That is a very attractive gun, and I'm sure it will probably function perfectly. Congratulations on your acquisition.

I've had a Sig P239 in 9mm for several years, and it has become a favorite carry gun. Mine is DA/SA and has gone through over 1000 rounds without a hitch. I would recommend the Hogue aluminum grips for this gun, as they make for a very slim grip with good hand adhesion due to sharp checkering.

[IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o25/pogo2/SigP23970.jpg[/IM

Thanks, Your Sig is very nice as well. I will take a look at those grips. That way I could save the woodies for display purposes.
    K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Nice pistol! Congrats.
    Thanks for looking!

Quote Originally Posted by Warmon View Post
    Puuuurfect! Luv it...one of the best cc guns on the planet.
    Thanks, I like the size and feel of the P239.
    K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new to you gun.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Good solid guns. I have the same version (DAK SAS)(sweet trigger) as well as the DA/SA. I like both and to me they are pretty comfortable to carry IWB.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Congrats on your new 239. I have 2 239s...one SAS DAK in .40 like yours and a non SAS DAK in .357 Sig. They both disappear in an IWB holster under a t-shirt. Great choice for a carry gun.
    Current handguns: Glock models 19, 22C, 23, 27, 29, & 36; Kimber Pro CDP and Polymer Custom; Kahr PM9 & CW9; S&W models 6906, 386PD, 66; Taurus 85 Ultralite Ti; Browning Buckmark;

Former handguns: S&W 4"686, 4" 620 & Sigma .380, Taurus 617 Ti, Kimber Pro Eclipse, Walther P22, Glock 30 & 33.

VIP Member
    I also have that exact model ("Gen 1" SAS) in 9mm. It is one of my agency's authorized secondary/off-duty guns, so I got mine "registered" and qualified with it. First time ever shooting it under any kind of stress, and I shot a perfect 200 with it (ranges of 3 to 25 yards, all strings begin from concealment, pretty short time limits in our qual). Hard to argue with that.

The P239 is bigger and heavier than many other pistols with similar capacity, but it is truly a joy to look at, hold, and shoot. And it certainly can be carried and concealed without undue effort except under the most "deep cover" conditions.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I love these guns. I will own one someday! Nice piece! :)
    ”The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.”
    ~James Earl Jones

XD40 Service - XD9 Subcompact - Range Officer - M&P9 Pro - M&P40 Compact - P238

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Congrats on the new to you gun.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    I also have that exact model ("Gen 1" SAS) in 9mm. It is one of my agency's authorized secondary/off-duty guns, so I got mine "registered" and qualified with it. First time ever shooting it under any kind of stress, and I shot a perfect 200 with it (ranges of 3 to 25 yards, all strings begin from concealment, pretty short time limits in our qual). Hard to argue with that.

The P239 is bigger and heavier than many other pistols with similar capacity, but it is truly a joy to look at, hold, and shoot. And it certainly can be carried and concealed without undue effort except under the most "deep cover" conditions.
    Thanks. Sounds like you shoot yours quite well. I look forward to trying this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by EsCrasston View Post
    I love these guns. I will own one someday! Nice piece! :)
    They seem to be hard to find at least in the Gen 1 versions.
    K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links