Glock 19 RTF Gen 3

This is a discussion on Glock 19 RTF Gen 3 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any difference in the RTF models over the standard gen 3? The ones with the fish gills on the slide. Do these suffer the same ...

Thread: Glock 19 RTF Gen 3

Glock 19 RTF Gen 3

Any difference in the RTF models over the standard gen 3? The ones with the fish gills on the slide. Do these suffer the same problems with the recoil spring as the Gen4's?

G22 (just for pictures sake)

Cousin in selling his, looking to get a G27, as his duty weapon is a G22. He wants a G27 for his off-duty carry to keep the same caliber as his G22. Being wanting a G19 for awhile and he doesn't want much for it.

2. Remove Ads

RTF2 models are exactly the same as the other 3rd Gen models. The only differences are cosmetic. That being said. That RTF will devour your love handles and snag clothes like a shoplifter. I have both and all parts are interchange but I always use the non _rtf when carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    Any difference in the RTF models over the standard gen 3? The ones with the fish gills on the slide. Do these suffer the same problems with the recoil spring as the Gen4's?
    - The RTF2 is a reference to the grip texture. The RTF2 has the little raised dots versus the grid pattern of the original RTF. The fish gill slide serrations is not the only option on the Gen3. I have a straight slide serrations on my Gen3 Glock 19 with RTF2 grips. The Gen3 19 also does not have any issues with the recoil spring. IMO, it's the best Glock ever made.

Not worried about the grip. It will likely be covered up with a Houge Handall, like my G30 and USP :)

I'm not really fond of the fish gills on the slide. I think they're kinda of lame looking. But he's selling it for a great price, I want a G19 and I'd rather buy from him than anybody else. Good to know it's just a normal Gen 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know for a fact this gun has not been shot very much. So it'll be nearly new.

Links