What's the deal with Taurus handguns? - Page 10

What's the deal with Taurus handguns?

This is a discussion on What's the deal with Taurus handguns? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Pontificator This thread has given me a good chuckle. Apparently some Taurus owners will defend to the death their choice in buying ...

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: What's the deal with Taurus handguns?

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontificator View Post
    This thread has given me a good chuckle. Apparently some Taurus owners will defend to the death their choice in buying a sub-par firearm.
    I will put any of the 3 Taurus pistols I own against any comparable pistol you own. Let's see who's sub par.

By the way, I generally carry one of my Sigs but I have no problem substatuting a Taurus. What brand of tupperware is your idea of perfection?

My Taurus experience...PT709 1300+ reliable rounds. PT1911 broke the extractor at 130 rounds, replaced extractor and now has 800+ reliable rounds. Both pistols are accurate as can be and shoot great!
    Buy what ya like.

J_T
    I read this whole thread and see some are bias and some have had good luck with Taurus , each their own but I own 3 and have never had any issues with any after many rounds. my PT609Ti jams less than my H&K USP. So I guess its what models you have, how you maintain them , and if your limp wristed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Comparing an LCP to a TCP, I beg to differ.

zonker1986, that's a nice looking gun!
    thanks. Appreciate the kind comment for ma' boy. He feels a little down in the chamber after
    hearing all the bad comments about his namesake.

this is the one I carry the most OWB under a jacket in the cooler months. PT917CS. Taurus reintroduced the shorter barrle PT92 in 2008 and then discontinued the model in 2011. Great shooter.....and its kinda pretty if I do say so myself.
    I'm no gun snob. I buy what works, and what I like. If that means it has a Taurus label on it, then by God, I'll make it work.

BugDude likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I own a taurus 24/7 g2 in .40cal. Just purchased about a month ago and have just over 500 rounds through it.gun looks awesome,feels amazing in the hands, and performs very well.I have tried a few different types of ammo to see mainly how clean they were, andfound that my taurus like just about every maker of ammo from cheap blazer rounds to good federal ammo. The only time I had any issues was when I used RWS rounds.I noticed that is was very dirty and when I shot those 50 rounds of RWS, I had 2 ftf and fte.so I switched to federal,winchester, and blazer and haven't had an issue since. This pistol has been consistantly accurate from anywhere around 25-40 feet.most of the time I would be shooting at a target no bigger than 10"x10". This has been consistant for myself and my 5'7" 155lb girlfriend. I have shot many taurus pistols and found that they are not pieces of **** like most people say.I think that most people that hate on taurus weapons haven't ever even owned or taken the time to try one out. Other wise they would know better. For the price I know I got a damn good and reliable pistol that I open carry everyday in my blackhawk wb holster with extra mag pouch. So I carry a total of 31 rounds daily.16 loaded in the pistol and 15 in my extra mag.these guns have been great to me. I suggest u nay sayers go rent one and torture test them yourself before talkin ****.

I currently have a pt 111 I've had for about 3 yrs problem free. I also have a pt 99 had for about 10 yrs. Works great never had a issue. It eats what ever I put in. Maybe I just got lucky but I'd buy another.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

sgb
    Had a Taurus, won't make that mistake again.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    1911 s are ok, owned several. The rest is a box of Chocolates , you never know what you re gonna get.
    bunker likes this.
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    thanks. Appreciate the kind comment for ma' boy. He feels a little down in the chamber after
    hearing all the bad comments about his namesake.

this is the one I carry the most OWB under a jacket in the cooler months. PT917CS. Taurus reintroduced the shorter barrle PT92 in 2008 and then discontinued the model in 2011. Great shooter.....and its kinda pretty if I do say so myself.
    I'm no gun snob. I buy what works, and what I like. If that means it has a Taurus label on it, then by God, I'll make it work.

Question is can you make it work in a Gun Fight!!!
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    Yeah Taurus sucks really bad.............................that is why my Taurus PT709 has over 5500+ problem free rounds through it !!! I recently got a Taurus 24/7 G2 45 Compact. This thing really feels great in my hand. Comparing it size-wise wth a XDM45 Compact and M&P 45 Compact, the 24/7 45 Compact is pretty much identical in size to both and carries 10+1 where as the XDM is only 9+1 and the M&P is 8+1. I plan on putting more rounds through it and my plan is to give a report on it sometime in the future.

Funny thing is that sometimes I read some people have problems with their Taurus guns and give up on it and sell it immediatly . Where as I also read other people have probems with their glocks and other people will say to send it back to Glock and they will make it right, yadda yadda yadda, and have to send it in to glock 2 or 3 times to just get it right and then they rave about how great it is. Don't get me wrong, I like Glock too and am planning on getting one in the near future. God Bless
    nsimps69 likes this.

I own a PT145 and a PT1911. I don't have any problems with the guns themselves. The problem I have is Taurus customer service. It took me a year and several calls to get them to order and send me a stupid plastic dust cover that broke on the PT145. For that alone I will no longer buy a Taurus and my guns stay in the safe for home defense.
    Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne

I own an older Taurus .38 special that my father passed down to me. My family and I have been shooting that gun since the 80's. Zero issues whatsoever. Solid revolver, fun to shoot and I love .38 caliber. But my experience with Taurus pistols is very limited.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    I wouldn't carry it if I had the slightest inclination that it would fail when I needed it the most. I have a couple of Taurus polymer guns that I would never carry because I have had issues.....not so
    with the PT92's and PT917.

I have the PUBLIC DEFENDER, and I'm pleased with it for the task I have dedicated it to. it shoots quite nicely, and has a good trigger, etc.

Only thing close to a problem was the spent case closest to the frame sometimes would not eject cleanly/consistently. It would hang up on the grip. A quick dose of the dremel tool on low speed to re-scult the rubber did the trick.

I had a PT709 that I had to send back,then when it came back I couldn't tell that they did anything to fix it.Sold it.for $100 loss plus the cost of the 500 reccomended break in rounds.

I own two Taurus pistols, a PT24/7 (40S&W) and a PT709 (9mm) for about 3 years now. The 24/7 is a beast and will eat any ammo I feed it. I have had no problems with it. Though, honestly it is now mainly a safe queen. This is not because of any problems with it, but I have 3 other 40S&W pistols that I prefer more. I may sell it in the near future. I sent the 709 back to Taurus due to consistent failure-to-feed issues. They replaced the extractor. Since that time, it has functioned flawlessly, and is now a regular in my CCW line-up.

YMMV
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. - Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links