What's the deal with Taurus handguns?

This is a discussion on What's the deal with Taurus handguns? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well many of us have a lot of different brands of guns. For me personally, I have Ruger®, Smith & Wesson®, and Taurus® Revolvers; and, ...

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: What's the deal with Taurus handguns?

Well many of us have a lot of different brands of guns. For me personally, I have Ruger®, Smith & Wesson®, and Taurus® Revolvers; and, I like them all. My experience with Taurus®, which is limited to only revolvers; has been uniformly good. At present I have 7 Taurus® revolvers and am happy with them.
    Last edited by dawei; January 8th, 2012 at 09:15 PM.
    David
    Only two defining forces have ever died for you.....
    1. Jesus Christ.
    2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine, and Coast Guardsman.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom!

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Pontificator View Post
    This thread has given me a good chuckle. Apparently some Taurus owners will defend to the death their choice in buying a sub-par firearm.
    Thread has also gave me a chuckle with some shooters act like brand snobs. I shoot what I can afford and want to buy. I have S&W's , Taurus's, Keltec, Remingtons, Winchesters , Mossbergs, Rugers, and more.

As I have said my 2 Taurus revolvers have been flawless, and I like them. Oh no I also own a Rossi revolver better throw that one away also, LOL.

If ya don't like em don't shoot em, not everyone has the same opinion. Like em shoot em, don't like em don't shoot em. ;)

I recently bought a taurus pt145 pro and the only problem I have is when I fire it the magazine always falls out the guns on its on. Any idea what would make this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanJim View Post
    I have looked at the 445 Ultra-lite and it might be worth it even if you had to invest a couple of hundred dollars to make it right.

Any opinions how it compares to the Charter Arms Bulldog?

Jim
    I have the 445 titanium and have recently inspected a charter arms target bulldog because I wanted a longer barreled 44spl as a companion to the 445 for outdoorsey use.

I hear the charters are good guns but at over $400 the new example I inspected was just too loose for my taste. In cylinder lockup and Crane flop.

Back on topic I've sent guns back for repair. From high point to ruger to s&w. I've not had to use Taurus cs yet in probably a half dozen models owned over the past 10yrs. In my opinion Taurus has perfected making a revolver. Now their autoloaders I don't quite feel as warm and fuzzy about.

posted via tapatalk using android.

sgb
    Taurus, owned one ....
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Taurus has had it's issue with autos . One owner got a good one the next a problem weapon. I have to ask why mess with them?
    You can buy a Well made US manufactured Ruger for the same price if not less some times have a better Firearm and not have to worry about weather you got the good one.
    I know the newer Taurus 45's have been proving them self to be a good weapon seems to have avoided the issues other Taurus autos have had.
    It is not about brand snob it just fact. Taurus autos have issues and there are much better cost effective options.

A guy fell in love with my PT709 at the range last night after he shot it and went straight and bought one in the range store before he left.
    darbo likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

A lot of these people are saying taurus is bad with no experience. I have plenty of experience with them. While they used to be a bit iffy back in the day, their newer stuff if not bad at all. I own and shoot regularly a PT 1911 and have owned a couple others. I have never had the first issue. Most of my friends have them because it is what they can afford. They have never had and issue either. This is speaking about both semis and revolvers. I think a lot of the people who buy a taurus are like my friends and don't know the most about guns and just picked one up they could afford. Unlike my friends they don't have someone to show them the proper way to break down, shoot, clean, and otherwise care for their gun. Those people tend to be the ones that get on and complain. Remember, the internet is full of the vocal minority.

I myself am new to handguns, the only thing I owned at the time was a Bersa Thunder .380 that I have owned for 10 years with never a hiccup. I decided I wanted to get my CHL and I wanted a larger caliber than a .380 so I went to my local Academy store and looked at the Taurus 709 Slim and had every intention of buying it because of the price. Both guys behind the counter said don't buy it because Taurus has lots of issues and told me to do some research before I buy anything. So I started reading reviews and joined several forums to get better "educated" on semi-autos. I visited 3 LGS and they all said to stay clear of the Taurus brand. So after a couple months of "research" I decided to spend the extra money and bought me a Kahr CM9 which was a very good buy, it eats everything I put in it. I am now hooked and seem to think I need more guns, so I plan on buying one at the gun show next weekend and plan on buying either a M&P9c or a XDm 3.8c.
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

I have a Taurus 669 in .357 Mag, and it's been flawless through about 1500 rounds. From what others have told me though, I basically "got lucky". Seems it's a coin toss when one purchases a Taurus. Could be a good one, could be a bad one.

I have owned several Taurus's and I carry the Taurus Slim now. Among the best firearms on the planet in my opinon. I put them all up compared to my beretta and the Glock i used to own ( got rid of it 4 months after buying it). Very reliable and dependable. Never had to deal with the customer service issues Hell never had any issues with their weapons.
    NRA Member

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

I own a Taurus Raging Bull .44mag with a red dot scope on it that I have used for hunting whitetail deer in Wisconsin. I can't say exactly how many rounds I have through it but I have shot it a fair amount. I am not a revolver expert by any means but it seems like a really nice gun to me. I have had no problems with it at all and it is very accurate. I put the rifle away one year and took this beast out with me just to harvest a deer with a pistol. One shot later I had a deer laying dead less then 20 yards from where I shot it. I can't speak for the whole line of guns but my revolver works great for me and will stay in my collection.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    I have a PT640 with zero problems, I also own sig, glock, kimber, and smith and wesson Tarus has a lifetime guarantee
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

I just picked up a TCP on Saturday. 1st 50 went without a hiccup. I wanted a more pocketable gun than the cm9. I tried all the triggers on all the .380s and the tcp was the smoothest and broke crisp. As much as I wanted to like the S&W bodyguard and Ruger LCP more, The TCP hands downs felt better than the rest. When I saw the made in USA on the side I was sold! I got the stainless model and am going to polish the slide's sides and chamfer off some sharp edges. Then I want to machine a groove in the front sight and epoxy a tritium pin up there. Maybe even the rear sight to. We'll see.

Recent TCP owner as well, 300 rounds down range, love it for what it is and is far better than the LCP I used to own.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Links