Anybody carry a SA lightweight Champion Operator?

This is a discussion on Anybody carry a SA lightweight Champion Operator? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok guys & gals, I recently bought a M&P 9c and I just cant warm up to it. For the most part I think I'm ...

Thread: Anybody carry a SA lightweight Champion Operator?

Ok guys & gals, I recently bought a M&P 9c and I just cant warm up to it. For the most part I think I'm pretty much done with polymer guns. I've had the urge for another 1911 and I want a carry piece thats feels good in my hands and has a great trigger.

For those that do carry a LW Operator or similar (Colt Defender, Kimber Pro), do they carry well? I'll mostly carry OWB but I will get a good IWB also. Does the weight bother you at all? The LWO is about 8-9oz heavier than the M&P 9c. Like most of you 1911 guys, I think I already know the answer, just want to hear what the hive thinks. Life is too short to have a crappy feeling gun, not disrespecting the M&P crowd but the 1911 is a pretty special piece and the M&P just doesnt do it for me.

Thanks
    Steve
    I carry a .357mag because no one bickers about the .357mag being "enough".

I carried my lwt operator for about a year in a tt gunleather IWB holster and it was easy to carry, but the thing that did bother me was the size of the grip. Now I carry a Glock 19 and it just works better for me.
    Hope that helps.

One of my regular carry guns is a Kimber CDP Pro. The standard holster is a Milt Sparks Summer Special, which I find comfortable without taking up a huge amount of body real estate. With a good gun belt the weight is not a problem at all. It's essentially a full-size gun so you'll never forget you're carrying it, but it's way more unobtrusive for me than my Glock 23 or Sig 220.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I use mine for EDC in a Crossbreed or a Raven Consealment with and without a light.
    I got it bobtailed and it carries great. I recently had it done by Novak

Quote Originally Posted by D-Ric902 View Post
    I use mine for EDC in a Crossbreed or a Raven Consealment with and without a light.
    I got it bobtailed and it carries great. I recently had it done by Novak

Those are some good lookin Operators! The bobtail work looks good. Thanks for the replies.

Steve
    I carry a .357mag because no one bickers about the .357mag being "enough".

VIP Member
    I currently carry a Dan Wesson C-Bob with no problems. In the past I've carried a SA Loaded Champion and A Sig 1911 RCS. The Sig was an alloy frame, so it was a tad bit lighter. All 3 conceal well and with a good carry rig can be carried IWB or OWB without problems.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I carry a Colt CC xse SS in a OWB holster at 9 oclock,I use a set of Perry suspenders "outback" model that attaches at 3 and 9 oclock on my belt,they carry the weight,and I wear them underneath my cover shirt so nothing shows,and I'm not adjusting my pants everytime i sit down and get up
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I carry occasionally a S&W 1911c, the new model lightweight commander sized with a bobtail with no issues. I use a T&T gunleather IWB which I love. The weight does not keep it from everyday carry but the capacity (8), and safety which I do not like on an EDC.

Links