Range Report - New Glock 36. (My new favorite gun?)

This is a discussion on Range Report - New Glock 36. (My new favorite gun?) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I sold off a couple of my safe queens recently, and I decided it was time to get another .45. I'd been reading around ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Range Report - New Glock 36. (My new favorite gun?)

Range Report - New Glock 36. (My new favorite gun?)

Well, I sold off a couple of my safe queens recently, and I decided it was time to get another .45. I'd been reading around and had seen very, very favorable reviews on the Glock 36, so I figured I might as well give it a shot. I headed out to the range to rent one, and I bought one 20 minutes later.

I took her out tonight to get her nice and broken in and to vet my intended carry ammo...

Wow! This is one sweet shooter!

Here's a quick pic from my phone:

I put 200 rounds of various FMJ down range and 100 rounds of the ASYM Solid Defense X (SDX) 185 gr. +P I intend to carry with zero issues. (The SDX uses the Barnes TAC-XP all-copper bullet. Think COR-BON DPX).

http://www.barnesbullets.com/product...istol-bullets/
    http://store.chencustom.com/45_ACP_S..._HP_P_s/78.htm
    http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Ballist...5gr_TAC-XP.pdf

What I found most interesting is that the recoil of the G36 feels very similar to a 9mm. 230 gr. bullets felt similar to what a 147 gr. +P+ bullet feels like with less muzzle flip, and the 185 gr. +P felt like a 147 gr. +P. I also shot it just as accurately as I shoot my G19, which is the highest compliment I can give a gun in the accuracy department.

My only complaint is low capacity (6+1).

P.S. I think I accidentally sold two more of them to the guys in the lanes next to me as I let them shoot it, and they loved it. One of the guys had never liked a Glock before, but he said he was seriously considering getting one after doing some research.
    ccman, JerryMac, AZJD1968 and 1 others like this.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

2. Remove Ads

Good choice, congrats on the new Glock

VIP Member
    Sweet.

Congrats! I had my G19 at the range this afternoon and I agree with your comment regarding the G19.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Congrats on the new addition!
    Glock 34 9mm
    Glock 36 .45acp
    Kahr CW9
    S&W 642-2 .38 +P
    Ruger Mark ii 22/45

Congrats, nice looking weapon....
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

wish they would build the pinkie extender like the rest of the grip.. I think it looks awful that way

Nice report. Just what i want to hear. I plan on buying a new G36 next Tuesday.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    NRA Life Member

Congats on your new found love...I've had one for 2 yrs now and I'm still amaze how this gun shoots.I added the pinky extention(plus -0) which made a good feeling gun..feel even better. Enjoy!!

Officer's Model for those that think the whole "cocked & locked" thing is just wasted motion. Neat thing about the G36 is that it fits most holsters made for the G19.

Congrats on your new best friend #2.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Love mine. Get you some Pierce +0 extensions for your mags. they match the rest of the grip and look better, and they also eliminate the little pinch you can get the factory mag end.
    I am a hard-working self-employed conservative Christian white male gun owner. How else can I tick you off today?

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Officer's Model for those that think the whole "cocked & locked" thing is just wasted motion. Neat thing about the G36 is that it fits most holsters made for the G19.

Congrats on your new best friend #2.
    I forgot to mention that the G36 fits my G19 SuperTuck perfectly, and it's actually why I was looking at the G36 rather than the G30.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

The 36 is one of my favorites. It is the most comfortable handgun that I have for IWB carry. I hear ya on the low capacity, but I usually tote along another mag or two and feel I'm adequatly armed.

She IS a sweet shooter. I love shooting the 36, very accurate little piece. I carried mine today. Sometimes I'm really torn between my 19,26 and 36 for off-duty carry.

Good choice...best of luck!
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

My everyday winter carry!

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Great choice, well done and awesome report. I hope that it provides you with years of security and pleasure and hope that you never have to use it for self defense.

I don't own one only because (in my mind, and it was an agonizing decision between the two) the G30SF won me over with its capacity and ability to accept G21 mags. The G36 is a great gun!
    Stop whining and go make a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links