No wonder my Springfield XD9SC felt so big compared to other subcompacts

This is a discussion on No wonder my Springfield XD9SC felt so big compared to other subcompacts within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had never compared my Glock 27 side by side to my Springfield XD9SC but the XD always felt so big. The XD subcompact is ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sinzitu

Thread: No wonder my Springfield XD9SC felt so big compared to other subcompacts

I had never compared my Glock 27 side by side to my Springfield XD9SC but the XD always felt so big.

The XD subcompact is much closer in size to the Glock 19/23/32 than the 26/27.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'll not deny the XDSC9 certainly is bigger. But you are also gaining 3 extra rounds compared to a G26 with a flush fit mag. The G26 is slimmer so that can be a plus.

As we all know everything is a trade off. For me the G26 is to small I prefer a bit bigger grip. YMMV.
    warbirds likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sinzitu View Post
    I'll not deny the XDSC9 certainly is bigger. But you are also gaining 3 extra rounds compared to a G26 with a flush fit mag. The G26 is slimmer so that can be a plus.

As we all know everything is a trade off. For me the G26 is to small I prefer a bit bigger grip. YMMV.
    Well here is a picture with the XD9SC, Glock 27 and the Glock 23. As you can see the subcompact XD is the same size as the compact Glocks. Using your logic why not carry the Glock 19 instead of your XD and get 15 +1?

Don't get me wrong because I love my XDs........I just think they should rename their subcompacts and call them compact. Like they did with the XD(M).

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I wonder how the p250 subcompact would compare in size to the XDsc/glock26/M&Psc...

Quote Originally Posted by ak74 View Post
    I wonder how the p250 subcompact would compare in size to the XDsc/glock26/M&Psc...
    I'm not sure but I did get to shoot a compact P250 and I was very impressed with it. If you are a revolver shooter and used to a long trigger pull it will be an easy transition. The trigger was very long but also light and smooth. Maybe 7 lbs or so.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Look at the xd(m) line. I beleive they slimed down on their slide and maybe the grip.But you pay more for an xdm.If you have or can borrow a slide caliper you can measure and see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by killingjoke View Post
    Look at the xd(m) line. I beleive they slimed down on their slide and maybe the grip.But you pay more for an xdm.If you have or can borrow a slide caliper you can measure and see the difference.
    The slide isn't any slimmer. They just taper towards the top but at their widest point they are the same thickness as an XD.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Saw the same thread on the Sig Forum and i will respond the same way: Forget the comparrisons and get the H&K P2000sk.

Quote Originally Posted by maddy345 View Post
    I'm not sure but I did get to shoot a compact P250 and I was very impressed with it. If you are a revolver shooter and used to a long trigger pull it will be an easy transition. The trigger was very long but also light and smooth. Maybe 7 lbs or so.
    P250 45 compact on left [new grip style], P250 9mm compact in middle [old grip style], Kahr K40 on right.

DSCF0800.jpg
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Quote Originally Posted by sinzitu View Post

Quote Originally Posted by maddy345 View Post
    Well here is a picture with the XD9SC, Glock 27 and the Glock 23. As you can see the subcompact XD is the same size as the compact Glocks. Using your logic why not carry the Glock 19 instead of your XD and get 15 +1?

Don't get me wrong because I love my XDs........I just think they should rename their subcompacts and call them compact. Like they did with the XD(M).

I doubt Springfield is going to go back and rename their XD line at this point in time. As far as my "logic", round count isn't always the first factor in my decision making process for a carry weapon. As I said everything is a trade off. If round count was king I'd cary a 9mm XDM with 19+1 rounds at my disposal. However for me this would be to big to conceal easily. In fact I carry a 5-shot .357 magnum more than my XDSC.

The G19 size pistol is still a bit bigger in height and length (though not wider) than the XDSC. The XDSC is the "right fit for me". The G26/27 is to small for me to shoot with great accuracy and speed. The XDSC has all the same ergonomics of the XD pistol I use for competition (XD 5").

Obviously the choice of a carry weapon is very personal decision based on many criteria. As long as "you" are comfortable with what you carry does the name really matter? As I said YMMV.

Sponsored Links