Is the writing on the wall for Steyr...again?

This is a discussion on Is the writing on the wall for Steyr...again? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, this is just wild speculation on my part but, if I remember correctly, this is how it began last time. Just last week I ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jbabbler

Thread: Is the writing on the wall for Steyr...again?

Is the writing on the wall for Steyr...again?

Ok, this is just wild speculation on my part but, if I remember correctly, this is how it began last time. Just last week I saw these at my local shop for $550 on-sale. Hopefully they are simply rethinking their pricing but I wouldn't count on it.

2. Remove Ads

where was this ad? it's the second shop I've seen at this price, I don't know what's up

SOG

could you provide the entire url

Quote Originally Posted by Jbabbler View Post
    Ok, this is just wild speculation on my part but, if I remember correctly, this is how it began last time.
    What happened last time?
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I think that Steyr is not doing very well in the USA. But I doubt it is the end of Steyr. I do believe they have a lot of middle eastern contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    What happened last time?
    Last time these $600 guns suddenly started showing up on sale for $399 with little explanation.Then, CDNN started seeking them for $349 with free shipping. It want long after that Steyr announced they would no longer be importing to the USA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    What happened last time?
    what happened the last time was steyr had problems with the US government, BATF about copies of their rifles going to Iran, in retaliation streyr was not allowed to do business in the US for almost 2 years. they blew out their stock via CDNN and returned in late 2009/early 2010. they make a fine weapon with excellent support in the US.
    I hope they are not having problems here.

If this pistol is as good as all you guys say it is, may be a great chance to pick one up at a great price, no?
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

399. is a great price, even if they are having problems again I don't see them getting too much cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    what happened the last time was steyr had problems with the US government, BATF about copies of their rifles going to Iran, in retaliation streyr was not allowed to do business in the US for almost 2 years. they blew out their stock via CDNN and returned in late 2009/early 2010. they make a fine weapon with excellent support in the US.
    I hope they are not having problems here.
    I'm sorry but this is all conjecture. They we're not banned from doing business by the US government. They pulled out because they couldn't compete. They came back once the dollar and the euro balanced back. They also had horrible distributor issues. Many of their guns had multiple names on them with old importers crossed out and replaced with SAI. They never pulled their rifles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    atctimmy likes this.

Links