Think i have a new obsession!

This is a discussion on Think i have a new obsession! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been thinking about getting a new S&W Model 22 in 45 ACP case hardened. Would be nice to shoot my reloads out of. ...

Thread: Think i have a new obsession!

Think i have a new obsession!

I have been thinking about getting a new S&W Model 22 in 45 ACP case hardened. Would be nice to shoot my reloads out of. Here is a Hickock video of the gun. Talk about beautiful old school... too bad it does not come without the lock. He mentions this as 1950... but i have read 1917 elsewhere?????? Would not want to CCW it, but would be nice to plink with, and to just plain enjoy. Bunker http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m55H6oR-D50
    Attached Images
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

2. Remove Ads

Looks like it would make a good woods gun...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Wow. Nice looking pistola. Go for it!
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Haystacker View Post
    Wow. Nice looking pistola. Go for it!
    My next question to you Jeff is do you make a holster for this gun? I am so pleased with my many j frame holsters that you have made for me. I use them whenever i do carry. Bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Would make a tremendous home defense handgun. The .45 ACP works really well when used in a revolver. If a fellow doesn't wish to deal with moon clips then .45 Auto Rim gives typical straight-walled revolver cartridge headspace/ejection characteristics.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Would make a great slabsider, '' thats something i keep in a holster to poke around with,'' for out on the farm, as you said, a plinker and a nice looking one to boot.....
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Links