Beretta Nano VS Kahr CM 9

This is a discussion on Beretta Nano VS Kahr CM 9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ran 200+ rounds through my new CM9 today to break it in. 5 different brands of ammo and no failures. Very comfortable to shoot....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Beretta Nano VS Kahr CM 9

I ran 200+ rounds through my new CM9 today to break it in. 5 different brands of ammo and no failures. Very comfortable to shoot.
    Brian
    Walther PPS
    Glock 19
    Smith & Wesson 642
    Kahr CM9
    Kel-Tec P-3AT

2. Remove Ads

Id rather send my money to Italy than A religious cult and if you think you cant get dirt or lint in your gun with good pocket holster you must be from A different planet
    MisterMoo likes this.

Kahr got the design right for small,light, pocket sized handguns..if the cm9 is anything like my cw9,i'd go with the Kahr..

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post

The money spent on your nano goes to italy.
    Made in USA so they employ Usa workers. But so does Kahr. But some don't want to spend there $$ for the Monnies

Kahr--- Moonies? Explain, please.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    From the specs, I think the Nano is larger -
    This is true.

I compared it side by side with my Glock 26 at the gun store just an hour ago, and they were close, so close I decided against buying it. I decided if I ever go lower than my G26 (and bigger than my lcp) it'll be a J frame or similar size revolver that can handle .357 mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    Kahr--- Moonies? Explain, please.
    The son owns Kahr arms
    Kahr Arms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That crap is getting about as old as the "Plastic gun" crap that Glock had to trudge through years ago... Regardless of any of the owners religious affiliations they still employ American workers, so by buying their offerings us Kahr owners are supporting America by buying American. Oh' and the Kahr lineup is leaps and bounds above most other single stack 9 mm pistols out there. I always agreed that the Kahr is the single stack pistol that Glock should've made, but since the best they have mustered so far is the G36, which I have one of BTW, the Kahr is a good choice for a small, reliable and effective defensive carry gun. If I find hidden stamp markings somewhere on any of the Kahrs that I presently own touting some offensive belief, or see any on any future ones, I'll pass um up at the gun counter, but until then, I'm gonna take advantage of the awesome design and convenience of these little pistols. As always, JMO, YMMV.

Thunder71 likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Preach it brother!!! I ain't fond of the loonies either but, the owner of Kahr doesn't run the loonies and he can have whatever religious beliefs he wants.- period!
    Thunder71 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffe007 View Post
    Preach it brother!!! I ain't fond of the loonies either but, the owner of Kahr doesn't run the loonies and he can have whatever religious beliefs he wants.- period!
    Amen to that.....or is it OOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM?
    It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.
    - Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar (Mark Twain)

I handled a Nano today and it is chunkier than an LC9 or PF9. But the Sign 290 is by far the fattest of the subcompact 9s.

The trigger felt pretty good, way better than my LC9's trigger.

Try not to give Kahr/moonies any money. A cult will never get dime one from me.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

VIP Member
    After reliability, I want a nice trigger, and Kahr has both IMO. Kahr has come out with the CM40, finally, and if its trigger is as good as the one on my PM40, it will be a good deal. The only 9mm DAO trigger that beats Kahr is on my Rohrbaugh R9.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    That crap is getting about as old as the "Plastic gun" crap that Glock had to trudge through years ago... Regardless of any of the owners religious affiliations they still employ American workers, so by buying their offerings us Kahr owners are supporting America by buying American. Oh' and the Kahr lineup is leaps and bounds above most other single stack 9 mm pistols out there. I always agreed that the Kahr is the single stack pistol that Glock should've made, but since the best they have mustered so far is the G36, which I have one of BTW, the Kahr is a good choice for a small, reliable and effective defensive carry gun. If I find hidden stamp markings somewhere on any of the Kahrs that I presently own touting some offensive belief, or see any on any future ones, I'll pass um up at the gun counter, but until then, I'm gonna take advantage of the awesome design and convenience of these little pistols. As always, JMO, YMMV.

Very well said. I completely agree with you. My Kahr's have run great since their break in period. I'm considering yet another single stack 9mm or .45acp and I doubt I will choose a Nano over a Kahr.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

There is a lot to legitimately criticize Kahr for.

Their magazine, in particular, which allows the top round to move around, resulting in a variable feed angle and the dreaded "nose down jam" is certainly one.

The fact that you have to use the slide stop lever to load the first round reliably is another (yes, I know that some individual examples can apparently be slingshotted).

The fact that their solution to PM9s not feeding from the 7-round mag...is to exchange it for a 6-round mag (instead of fixing the underlying problem).

Those are all real, documented issues with the design and service.

As far as the Moonie thing goes..."The sins of the father shall not pass down to the son."

Do we not buy Glocks because Hitler was from Austria? How about Beretta - Italy used to be fascist too, you recall. Do we hate on S&W and Ruger for some of the deals they made with the government in the past (the "Hillary Hole," the low-cap mags)?

Of course, everyone is free to spend (or not spend) their dollars as they see fit. But Kahr is a US-company, employing US workers.

Just some ideas to consider.

Back on topic - sure wish the Nano was a bit smaller. Ah well.
    devo6684 and AnthonyC like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

These are life saving tools, so why should you care about the religious beliefs of the manufacturer? If it works to your satisfaction and can save your life, then carry it. I'm sure Glock, Springfield, S&W, Kimber, H&K, Ruger, etc., probably have people making their guns that have questionable beliefs too, so what?

I held a Nano at Academy Sports and Outdoors yesterday and was impressed by the feel. I didn't get a chance to dry fire it, because they won't allow that at the store, but by the feel and look, it seems like a good gun. Kahr has been around quite awhile and has proven themselves in the single stack, thin carry gun market. Every manufacturer has issues from time to time (Glock 4th gen and Ruger LCP for example) so there is no perfect gun, regardless of what their advertising says.

So given the choice between the 2, even if I did not own any Kahr's, I would probably choose the Kahr based on their longevity and the fact that a whole lot of people depend their life on them.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links