Beretta Nano VS Kahr CM 9

This is a discussion on Beretta Nano VS Kahr CM 9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My experience with the Nano is been great (no problems with it I have around 500 rounds thru it now) but I will always suggest ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Beretta Nano VS Kahr CM 9

My experience with the Nano is been great (no problems with it I have around 500 rounds thru it now) but I will always suggest that if possible you to try both firearms. Things like grip, trigger pull, magazines disconnect and even the size of both fire arms might throw you off to one or the other one.

In my case for the Nano I'm not planning to use it as a pocket pistol (I don't like carrying pistols in the pocket), the only thing I needed to do was to add a grip and that's it, I like the trigger and the size of it, Im quite accurate with it at 24 ft, etc.
    Another thing, because it's a new gun there are not a lot of holster available, etc. and no magazines extensions yet... But that's normal in a new firearm.

2. Remove Ads

I didn't lose interest in the Kahr Cm9 because of the father. They do hire Usa workers. I lost interest after the 2 in the range had repeated malfunction and all the talk of break in needed and this and that. I've had to many inexpensive guns that never had problems no "break in". Thats what I just don't get there no moving parts or only the slide?? Now I'm just waiting to see how the nano performs.

Quote Originally Posted by kal0 View Post
    My experience with the Nano is been great (no problems with it I have around 500 rounds thru it now) but I will always suggest that if possible you to try both firearms. Things like grip, trigger pull, magazines disconnect and even the size of both fire arms might throw you off to one or the other one.

In my case for the Nano I'm not planning to use it as a pocket pistol (I don't like carrying pistols in the pocket), the only thing I needed to do was to add a grip and that's it, I like the trigger and the size of it, Im quite accurate with it at 24 ft, etc.
    Another thing, because it's a new gun there are not a lot of holster available, etc. and no magazines extensions yet... But that's normal in a new firearm.

Where did you get the grip.I have a Nano and a slightly bigger grip would be nice.Thanks.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by harley View Post
    owning a kahr I found that if not cleaned every time shot it will fail on regular basis so purchased nano ran 500 hundred rounds through 6 dif loads no problems carried it for 2 weeks let it collect dust and lint from being in pockets car consoles an so on took it out shot 100 rounds no problems trigger might be slghtly better on my kahr but when buying a nano your not giving money to the moonies
    Not a problem for me. I was trained to clean my firearms after every use, period.

I own a Nano and love it very much.It shoots well and feels nice.I also like the Kel-Tec PF9.I think it will be my next gun.Just shoot good ammo threw the Nano.It doesn't like junk ammo.I have 250 rounds threw my Nano and so far so good.I do notice a difference when shooting cheap ammo.
    marko54 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cocojo View Post
    I bought a nano and did my qualifications with it. The gun ate everything I fed it, 115, 124, 147 mixed bag of ammo. Not one failure of any kind. Very accurate gun liked the S&B 115 the best. Only problem is finding a holster.
    After reading all the posts i could find here as well as the Beretta forum, i Deciphered what i thought was crapola and bought the nano. i picked mine up last
    night as well as 3 bxs of remington 115 ammo. Went to the range early this morn. less than ideal conditions to fire a new gun, temps were below freezing 29
    deg. I brought my Sigma .40 with the last of its now tarnishing ammo which sat for 3 years. Got rid of the sigma ammo first. by then my fingers were already
    freezing . First couple of mags. the shots were all over but after awhile we settled down.I have moderate to severe Rheumatoid arthritis in my rt. hand,
    mainly the trigger finger and the middle finger. To me, the trigger felt fine. While i only put 150 rds. down range, i am really liking the Nano. I plan on selling
    the sigma with the crimson Trace installed and will carry the Nano. I bought the High Noon Mr.softy holster and so far its working fine.

Idahokid likes this.

Glad you liked the Nano. I have no issues with mine other than learning not to bother with the low end Federal ammo.
    marko54 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marko54 View Post
    After reading all the posts i could find here as well as the Beretta forum, i Deciphered what i thought was crapola and bought the nano. i picked mine up last
    night as well as 3 bxs of remington 115 ammo. Went to the range early this morn. less than ideal conditions to fire a new gun, temps were below freezing 29
    deg. I brought my Sigma .40 with the last of its now tarnishing ammo which sat for 3 years. Got rid of the sigma ammo first. by then my fingers were already
    freezing . First couple of mags. the shots were all over but after awhile we settled down.I have moderate to severe Rheumatoid arthritis in my rt. hand,
    mainly the trigger finger and the middle finger. To me, the trigger felt fine. While i only put 150 rds. down range, i am really liking the Nano. I plan on selling
    the sigma with the crimson Trace installed and will carry the Nano. I bought the High Noon Mr.softy holster and so far its working fine.

Excellent...welcome to the family! :) I have a high bare asset holster...it works great.
    marko54 and Idahokid like this.

Glad you like it.It's a great little gun.Pics on the net do it no justice.Have to go and touch one.Very accurate out of the box.I took mine home and cleaned it and oiled it and away I went.Hogue makes a great little grip for it also.You have to trim it a little.I like your holster.I need to get one.
    marko54 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marko54 View Post

How did you like your Sigma?I was thinking of a full size 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Amen to that.....or is it OOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM?
    Now thats funny !

USA.... where YOUR choice of religion is YOURS

(Same as your choice of guns)
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

I love my CM9

There are people that are are unhappy with all brands.

If you go to Glock forums, you would swear Glocks are all dogs.

I wouldnt rate the Kahr at the same level as the Glock in quality..... but it IS very close
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Me to with kahr. I bought cw9 off a guy that had nothing but problems with it. I go thru it, learn about it, clean it up debur anything along with the the mags and followers. Oil it and shoot 600 rounds with no problems or cleaning, 115gr fmj too. Bought a cm9 did the same with it. They are tight pistols and I think if you don't control it well it may give some people fits. Even some ammo out there is below standards . You get on these foums and some people think every gun owner is there too and all the problems come up. I would bet that know more than 5% of owners ever visit a forum and then its mainly the very few whinners that complane. Then if a problem is real some are to stupid to spend the pistol back and some of them that do don't don't write out detailed issues for CS to work thru. The rest with a problem pistol are traded off. In 46 years of shooting I only had 1 firearm that did not run right new. It was a KT p-11 and KT fixed it quickly and it was a fine little pistol after that. And I never whinned about it.
    sensei2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    Me to with kahr. I bought cw9 off a guy that had nothing but problems with it. I go thru it, learn about it, clean it up debur anything along with the the mags and followers. Oil it and shoot 600 rounds with no problems or cleaning, 115gr fmj too. Bought a cm9 did the same with it. They are tight pistols and I think if you don't control it well it may give some people fits. Even some ammo out there is below standards . You get on these foums and some people think every gun owner is there too and all the problems come up. I would bet that know more than 5% of owners ever visit a forum and then its mainly the very few whinners that complane. Then if a problem is real some are to stupid to spend the pistol back and some of them that do don't don't write out detailed issues for CS to work thru. The rest with a problem pistol are traded off. In 46 years of shooting I only had 1 firearm that did not run right new. It was a KT p-11 and KT fixed it quickly and it was a fine little pistol after that. And I never whinned about it.
    As I aid before IMO with any gun you shouldn't have to debur or check the gun for it to work. I have may $299 guns like Colt Mustang that never needed anything to work right. Yes you need to clean and take care of anything. JMO you shouldn't need to do somethat should have been done before it was sold. With out a warning at least JMO

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Oh was I talking to you!!! I may not need to look for a problem BUT I do with any and all firearms. If you don't thats your choice. But when i learn how to go thru a peice of cr*p argentinian 1911 and learn how to get it to feed Hps with the help of an old smithy and learn what i could do to clean up someones "junk " so many years ago I just LOOK for a bur or trash that allan leave behind. I have done this for 40 yearst and still todays guns. I just do the same thing to all.

Now pay attention. I MAY NOT NEED TO BEBUR ANYTHING. got that part. BUT I LOOK FOR IT. When I can take a pistol that for what ever reason some dumda** can't make shot . And all I end up doing is cleaning, looking for burs or edges to smooth and oil it up and it runs great, I can then assume the guy is a dumb a** . I like buying your problem firearms from people to stupid to follow up with the manufactor to fix the problem or let a seasoned shooter try there pistol to see if its them and not the gun.

What got me into kahr was buying a used cw9 that turns out I could find NO issues with and after cleaning and LOOKING for problems it ran 100% for the first 600 rounds cleaned it and still shooting 100%. Just a dumda** X-owner.

Now I am sorry if you think I was talking about you. In 40+ years I just have never owned a bad firearm that so many others seem to have owned.
    Last edited by hardluk1; February 16th, 2012 at 02:13 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links