Beretta Nano VS Kahr CM 9 - Page 5

Beretta Nano VS Kahr CM 9

This is a discussion on Beretta Nano VS Kahr CM 9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; nano should be slightly easier to shoot as it is several oz heavier and physicaly a bit bigger. Now compaired the nano to a cw9 ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Beretta Nano VS Kahr CM 9

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    nano should be slightly easier to shoot as it is several oz heavier and physicaly a bit bigger. Now compaired the nano to a cw9 the nano is again just one of a bunch. Got to just hold each, shoot if you can and then make your mind up.

Don't assume anything without shooting the Kahr. I have 2 CM9s and have never had anything but enjoyment from them. They are amazing guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    Sold my CM9 first chance I had and have never regretted it. Shot a Nano at the range yesterday and was, for me, WAY better than the Kahr: less recoil, no FTF or FTE, and a pleasure to shoot. As one of the top gun mags said, the light recoil will surprise and please you. Only drawback for me was the mag. capacity.
    How do the triggers compare?
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

Found myself almost jerking the Nano trigger, just because I wasn't used to it. I can't compare with the CM9, unless its identical to a PM9. (I've heard the triggers are a little different between the 2?) If its the same, I'd say it would be a matter of preference. I kinda like how smooth a broken in Kahr trigger feels, the Nano might get better with time.

It handled all the ammo I fed it with no problem. The 124 NATO rounds left me grinning in that small package. The lack of a slide lock did prove to be tricky for me when I finally got an FTE. This was almost 200 rounds in and it was looking pretty dirty. (Shot 50 rounds of Monarch 115 in the mix)

That boils down to a personal choice as well. If you can train yourself to handle problems in a hurry related to the no slide lock thing, its an ok weapon. Seeing how its not really setting any new trend though, there's better options. (My opinion)

I'm going to be selling mine and getting an XDs since the fun store finally has some in.

The nano is made in the usa, sure some of the money must end up it italy, but there are a lot of American jobs to produce it, And besides, italy needs the money, it aint cheap shipping all those pizza shops here....
    Philly Boy and MedforOR like this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links